B grade

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do most of these clubs pay their players? I know Greenvale pays the most by far.

A mate was telling me the govt. pays Greenvale because the area is really struggling right now?

Oh dear..:eek:

Singh is a gun but you'll be hard pressed to find a bigger mercenary. Goodluck Rock07 will be good to see how you go and to get your opinion on the strength of the league.

I'll bore you with long one then.... Have no problem with players that chosse to go from club to club and get the money they may or may not deserve, but to try and say that he has settled on APW for the love of the club is a little hard to swallow.... That's why my response was 'whatever'... I'm happy to be proven wrong....

Where does it say he's goings to APW for the love of the club....my computer screen must be faulty coz it doesnt appear on mine!

Where does it say he's goings to APW for the love of the club....my computer screen must be faulty coz it doesnt appear on mine!

People just take notice he is playing at APW for a massive reduction in what he could have earned at a number of other clubs.

I will also be joining him at APW and we will both be doing everything we can to take the club up to Divvy 1 for 2011 which will be the clubs 50th anniversary

He's 'apparently' not going there for money, there's no mention of a group of mates he is returning to play with and Rock07 mentions the 50th anniversary of the club as if that is some sort of motivation....

You're right, it doesn't say it in black and white, but that certainly seems to be the inference....;)

The big fellow has played all over australia and has done very well from the sanfl/wafl and the best victorian metro and country comps. He could get massive money any where and has alot of clubs chasing his services. People can knock him as much as they like but we all know this stems from jealousy. People just take notice he is playing at APW for a massive reduction in what he could have earned at a number of other clubs.

I will also be joining him at APW and we will both be doing everything we can to take the club up to Divvy 1 for 2011 which will be the clubs 50th anniversary. We are not here just to make up the numbers expect APW to be a masssive force in 2010.
ha ha ha massive reduction my arse i know for a fact they are spending plenty and in your posts you even say your chasing the dollar this year if your not playing at colts? just worry about playing finals first mate before you get carried away about a grade airport west is still way off!

ha ha ha massive reduction my arse i know for a fact they are spending plenty and in your posts you even say your chasing the dollar this year if your not playing at colts? just worry about playing finals first mate before you get carried away about a grade airport west is still way off!

If money was my sole motivation i would not be at apw, as for what the club spends it has nothing to do with it. I just want the club to be ready to go up to divvy 1 and not do what glenroy has just done.
Yes off course i'll take you advice but just for the record i know what it takes to play final and win and loose gf, so let's just see how it unfolds.
I'm looking forward to playing/coaching in the edfl and helping a club get up to divvy 1.

Don't forget the new APW coaches recent record,

Sunshine YCW - Runners Up
Pascoe Vale - Runners up
Tullamarine - Runners Up x 2

Pacco or Glenroy to win this year and the coach to get another one for the resume.

I also have 4 runners up on my resume, but we both have also coached premierships, so i think we are in a good position to know what it takes to get there and how bloody hard they are to win....we will try our guts out to get the result we and the club are after

did a bit of research on this bloke, he has been around the alot, from the crows to wa and vic country leagues and the common thread is he can play and kick lots of goals and if can do that he would be an asset to any side put the roc next to him they will be hard to stop add Papa and co not a bad forward line.
"Harro" how can you possiblily deny an advancing club the chance to improve or even play off, mate get real. you must think your the WRFL coach of the year and the club treasurer.
I might watch a game or 2, just like any other wondering minds, might even buy a few beers and pie, thats how it might work for the clubs that recruit names

The big fellow has played all over australia and has done very well from the sanfl/wafl and the best victorian metro and country comps. He could get massive money any where and has alot of clubs chasing his services. People can knock him as much as they like but we all know this stems from jealousy. People just take notice he is playing at APW for a massive reduction in what he could have earned at a number of other clubs.

I will also be joining him at APW and we will both be doing everything we can to take the club up to Divvy 1 for 2011 which will be the clubs 50th anniversary. We are not here just to make up the numbers expect APW to be a masssive force in 2010.

Great news Rock07. We certainly look forward to having you both on board at APW in season 2010!!

If money was my sole motivation i would not be at apw, as for what the club spends it has nothing to do with it. I just want the club to be ready to go up to divvy 1 and not do what glenroy has just done.
Yes off course i'll take you advice but just for the record i know what it takes to play final and win and loose gf, so let's just see how it unfolds.
I'm looking forward to playing/coaching in the edfl and helping a club get up to divvy 1.

I assure you one thing, a club in b grade recruiting 2 players or a few more, hoping to win a premiership, will not even be close to help them deal with the rigours of edfl a grade footy, I don't care who they are. Thinking you don't want to do a glenroyis quite humourous. As you have no idea what happened down there last year besides looking in the paper for results. keep working hard down at your new club to try achieve that success ur after, cause teams like pacco keilor park and taylors will know doubt be doing what they can to make it out of reach

I assure you one thing, a club in b grade recruiting 2 players or a few more, hoping to win a premiership, will not even be close to help them deal with the rigours of edfl a grade footy, I don't care who they are. Thinking you don't want to do a glenroyis quite humourous. As you have no idea what happened down there last year besides looking in the paper for results. keep working hard down at your new club to try achieve that success ur after, cause teams like pacco keilor park and taylors will know doubt be doing what they can to make it out of reach

Your right to be honest i have absolutely no idea what happened at glenroy, even though i have chatted with their coach from last year.
The point i was trying to make is that if we happen to go up(which is a million miles away) we would be in a position to go out and recruit another 6 to 10 players and at least be able to compete.

I also think we have recruited a few more than 2 so let's see how it unfolds....but you have to admit it's going to be a pretty good fwd line...hahaha.
Big balraj would be worth 80 plus in A grade, if he plays the full year expect 120.

Your right to be honest i have absolutely no idea what happened at glenroy, even though i have chatted with their coach from last year.
The point i was trying to make is that if we happen to go up(which is a million miles away) we would be in a position to go out and recruit another 6 to 10 players and at least be able to compete.

I also think we have recruited a few more than 2 so let's see how it unfolds....but you have to admit it's going to be a pretty good fwd line...hahaha.
Big balraj would be worth 80 plus in A grade, if he plays the full year expect 120.

all good them kicking goals but what about the defense and midfield!!!!!!!!

ROCK07 I have watched the past 2 WRFL A Grade Grand Finals and I can safely say the Colts may have won both if you weren't out there. Your behaviour after the loss in 08 was nothing short of disgraceful. APW should have a good hard look at themselves for bringing a person of your quality to the EDFL. Will you be bringing your trash Colts groupies with you?

If APW do win the B Grade flag in 2010 and you make the leap (yes huge leap) to A Grade you will be found out for the old has been you are.

Marby Park did ok,they recruited pretty well to get out of B grade , 2 years in A grade and won a flag and will probably win the next 2
even a humourous Blind freddy can see that Glenroy didnt recruit at all, ended the year last unravelled all the good work and back to square one, in B grade only to try again this year to get out, as did Moonee Valley and West Coburg for years on end they were yo yos between divisions
How did Avondale get out of B grade they recruited well with good club structure to back it up
Pascoe Vale spent big bucks last year to no avail same this year a club with good off field leadership and direction
remember back a bit APW was a power club in "rigorous" A grade in the 90s , just watch the wheel turn again, they have sound off field management, committees and a busy recuiting dept. all points to a successful formula in the immediate future. All these clubs are making the effort which makes the competition as strong as it is.
What will be interesting is when the so called silver spoons, super powers, tall poppies like Douttas and Abers fight it out for the spoon in 2010 what will you say then son06 - dont recruit !! lay down accept defeat.
as for your rigors of A grade there is only 4 clubs that it would be rigorous against and competative against the rest.
your comments dont make sense, what is your point Son06 you sound like a manic depresent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty poor post Prison Mike.As a keen follower of all comps and seeing Rock play before I dont think your paying due respect to his football and coaching ability.Yes he may be getting on but im sure he can still get a kick and whos saying if they are to win the flag he will play divvy ! anyhow.As for hanging shit on his Colt groupies i find that poor also(sorry ive only ever seen 2 colts games and never met Rock either)but I find posts like your type quite annoying.Im sure your the type who hangs shit at the footy and behind computer but when confronted would die in the arse.Anyways enough from me Good luck Rock and Grow up Prison Mike and keep the talk about footy only hey?

ROCK07 I have watched the past 2 WRFL A Grade Grand Finals and I can safely say the Colts may have won both if you weren't out there. Your behaviour after the loss in 08 was nothing short of disgraceful. APW should have a good hard look at themselves for bringing a person of your quality to the EDFL. Will you be bringing your trash Colts groupies with you?

If APW do win the B Grade flag in 2010 and you make the leap (yes huge leap) to A Grade you will be found out for the old has been you are.

Your entitled to your opinion about me and to be honest i don't care what you think of me.
Just for the record though in 08 i did abuse the umpires and i plead guilty to it and was suspended for 3 weeks. Only my second suspension in 15 yrs of senior footy. All other charges were thrown out after viewing footage.
Not sure i'm a has been either, more like a never was.
Proof will be in the pudding about why APW got me into there club...both parties will have no regrets.

Marby Park did ok,they recruited pretty well to get out of B grade , 2 years in A grade and won a flag and will probably win the next 2
even a humourous Blind freddy can see that Glenroy didnt recruit at all, ended the year last unravelled all the good work and back to square one, in B grade only to try again this year to get out, as did Moonee Valley and West Coburg for years on end they were yo yos between divisions
How did Avondale get out of B grade they recruited well with good club structure to back it up
Pascoe Vale spent big bucks last year to no avail same this year a club with good off field leadership and direction
remember back a bit APW was a power club in "rigorous" A grade in the 90s , just watch the wheel turn again, they have sound off field management, committees and a busy recuiting dept. all points to a successful formula in the immediate future. All these clubs are making the effort which makes the competition as strong as it is.
What will be interesting is when the so called silver spoons, super powers, tall poppies like Douttas and Abers fight it out for the spoon in 2010 what will you say then son06 - dont recruit !! lay down accept defeat.
as for your rigors of A grade there is only 4 clubs that it would be rigorous against and competative against the rest.
your comments dont make sense, what is your point Son06 you sound like a manic depresent.

I never once posted that clubs shouldn't recruit. I for one enjoy seeing good players coming to the edfl even if it makes it harder to win, because it's exciting to play against big names and challenge yourself.
But what I did say was recruiting some players who then in turn get on here saying I'm at the club to get them ready for a grade in 2011 is a bit far fetched. Rock07 might help them improve but let's not forget, airport west never made finals last year and there is talk about being ready for a grade next year. Now that doesn't make sense.
At glenroy, the whole club did let itself down last year, but we at least got to learn the difference between both divisions and what is gonna be required to stay in a grade "IF" we get another chance some day.
Personally, I can't wait to get out there this year and play against some of the quality that has been attracted to the league, but even though B grade is getting much stronger, the gap to A grade is just getting bigger also

I'll bite...

You must be joking with this post??? It is generally accepted, even by most Marby people that they would spend the most at the moment. GV would've been a few years back maybe. Nowadays, after MP the next 3-4 clubs would be similar, then the bottom half of the comp would all be similar too.

Under what program does the Govt pay GV???

One of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on here for ages....

oh alright, thanks bro.

so much would you say the average players get paid, not for GV, but just in general?

You say he's getting paid a lot, but how much is it?

What would be an estimate figure he's getting for moving to APW?

oh alright, thanks bro.

so much would you say the average players get paid, not for GV, but just in general?

I really have no idea... If you mean by 'average', what the majority of players are getting paid I'd say b/w $100 - $300. The actual average would be blown out by the few that get paid $1000+, though I'm sure there's still plenty at certain clubs getting paid very little if anything at all.... All just guess work here tho, never been on a committee to see the actual figures at any club....

I really have no idea... If you mean by 'average', what the majority of players are getting paid I'd say b/w $100 - $300. The actual average would be blown out by the few that get paid $1000+, though I'm sure there's still plenty at certain clubs getting paid very little if anything at all.... All just guess work here tho, never been on a committee to see the actual figures at any club....

alright, thanks bro.

but they get taken care of right? i'm sure they get free food, drinks etc and tonnes of other stuff?

how do they report the income on their taxes etc?

i was going to make a new thread, but the system won't allow me.

anyway, does anyone know if the helmets make a big difference in protecting the head from injury?

Saying he is worth 120 goals in B Grade, he will not have gun midfielders who will be hitting him on the chest lace out. Instead will have to earn his goals s little harder.

Rock any chance you will be bringing across your former PC team mate Soupy, who played at APW a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back