B Smith v S Walsh

B Smith v S Walsh

• B Smith

• S Walsh

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s a main board thread that will no doubt find it’s way here in due course.

I’ve long advocated Smith will be the best mid from that draft, even last year when Walsh had a sensational debut season.

Walsh is a safe bet, and is certainly going to have a long career. But if Smith’s career goes the same length, and all indications are he’s going to play for a long time, he’s going to have more of that wow factor.

Walsh will be a Cotchin type when he improves his disposal, Smith a Dusty type when his consistency improves.

I wouldn’t trade Smith out for Walsh.

• Banned
There’s a main board thread that will no doubt find it’s way here in due course.

I’ve long advocated Smith will be the best mid from that draft, even last year when Walsh had a sensational debut season.

Walsh is a safe bet, and is certainly going to have a long career. But if Smith’s career goes the same length, and all indications are he’s going to play for a long time, he’s going to have more of that wow factor.

Walsh will be a Cotchin type when he improves his disposal, Smith a Dusty type when his consistency improves.

I wouldn’t trade Smith out for Walsh.

I doubt walsh will be a cotchin type

Poll clearly Carlton v the rest

not even two years in .... but no way would I trade Walsh for Smith !!

Honestly there are 2x Port players which are a better argument ..

but I’d still take Walsh and pretty certain will still be saying this in 5 & 10 years !!

Ahh the old “everyone is voting against my team’s player out of bias” followed by a prime example of bias.

Walsh is great at his role, Smith is great at his role. For mine I prefer a player like smith with a bit more oomph to their game as part of an overall midfield mix

Poll clearly Carlton v the rest

not even two years in .... but no way would I trade Walsh for Smith !!

Honestly there are 2x Port players which are a better argument ..

but I’d still take Walsh and pretty certain will still be saying this in 5 & 10 years !!
So most nuterals write they would select the player against the Carlton player in a poll and its a conspiracy against your club? ( wacko's for smacko's)

Lol no, and fu** lol no, respectively.

And here we have an insecure Richmond supporter no doubt missing the point. What’s your issue with what I said? Worried I might have dare said these two are going to be as good?

Hint: re-read what I posted before you instantly get offended and defensive

In today's thread, couchbound BigFooty types heap expectations on two kids who are already jets.

Not a supporter out there who wouldn't want either or both in their team.

Blues took the sure thing, Dogs snagged a bargain at pick 7. Come back in 10 years and we can add up the minutiae and decide who wins; for mine, both teams are right now.

Smith is definitely the more exciting player to watch, a little like Dangerfield in how he attacks the packs.. Walsh on the other hand looks like he'll be a consistent player kind of like Murphy. I'd prefer to have Smith though.. he'd suit Richmond's manic style better

Sam Walsh’s rich vein of form continued last night with another BOG performance.... not sure there is another 2nd year player performing at this higher level !!

the Carlton haters can continue with this irrelevant poll .... but not one Blues supporter would swap Walsh !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And here we have an insecure Richmond supporter no doubt missing the point. What’s your issue with what I said? Worried I might have dare said these two are going to be as good?

Hint: re-read what I posted before you instantly get offended and defensive
Nothing to to with being offended you’ll find. More so that the comparisons you made were ridiculous. Not even a slight comparison to either. More like Walsh - Murphy (Carl) and
Smith - ?

Nothing to to with being offended you’ll find. More so that the comparisons you made were ridiculous. Not even a slight comparison to either. More like Walsh - Murphy (Carl) and
Smith - ?

What is ridiculous is the Richmond fan policing of who can be compared to who.

Smith has the fend off and burst like Martin (playing much better than Martin was at his age though, or do Richmond fans just think Martin appeared in 2016 a star?)

Walsh has the more understated class of Cotchin.

But all this isn’t saying the two concerned by this thread are the equal of Martin and Cotchin so don’t get your panties in a twist

Last edited:
What is ridiculous is the Richmond fan policing of who can be compared to who.

Smith has the fend off and burst like Martin (playing much better than Martin was at his age though, or do Richmond fans just think Martin appeared in 2016 a star?)

Walsh has the more understated class of Cotchin.

But all this isn’t saying the two concerned by this thread are the equal of Martin and Cotchin so don’t get your panties in a twist

I personally think Walsh has a fairly higher ceiling than Cotchin

Both great players with long careers ahead, but I'm not lying when I say that every coach if they went back to that draft, would pick Smith first.
You may not be lying but i think you are wrong, both stars that would be picked on a needs base.

How dare people think there be a better player than Walsh!

Meh people can vote what they want. Doesn't bother me anymore, I think I used to take this way too seriously.

Hope Smith plays well in the finals btw, seems like a player who will thrive on the big stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

B Smith v S Walsh

Back