Back 30 1.20 winners receive over $2000

Remove this Banner Ad

If there's no value in the odds, then you're wasting your time on short-priced favourites. If the true odds are more like $1.40 but you can only get $1.20 because of all the mug punters overreacting, then you need to walk away.

If there's no value in the odds, then you're wasting your time on short-priced favourites. If the true odds are more like $1.40 but you can only get $1.20 because of all the mug punters overreacting, then you need to walk away.

Ringa-ding-ding.

If you think its going to be any easier betting on the run in the AFL you will have another thing coming, the AFL markets over-react worse than just about any sporting market i can think of....a favourite @ $1.33 could be in to $1.18 after being 14 points up at qtr time.....& get rolled.

I once backed Freo @ $4.50 ht v Ess who were about $1.18 & up by 3 goals or so over in WA, within 10 mins into the 3rd qtr freo was up by 2 goals & the game gone.....in AFL you need to be very careful about $1.20 shots as the momentum changes so quickly.

I just think a few of you guys taking these shorts need to ask yourself one key question before you take the bet, am i taking this bet because i think the chances of it losing are less than one in five, or am i just taking this because it looks a good thing & because its $1.20 it must be a good thing.

anyway good luck those still alive with the all up, i hope you all win. cheers.

If you think its going to be any easier betting on the run in the AFL you will have another thing coming, the AFL markets over-react worse than just about any sporting market i can think of....a favourite @ $1.33 could be in to $1.18 after being 14 points up at qtr time.....& get rolled.

I once backed Freo @ $4.50 ht v Ess who were about $1.18 & up by 3 goals or so over in WA, within 10 mins into the 3rd qtr freo was up by 2 goals & the game gone.....in AFL you need to be very careful about $1.20 shots as the momentum changes so quickly.

If you're foolish enough to back teams at $1.20 when only a couple of goals up and still a half to go, you deserve what you get, especially when its average teams playing.

If you're foolish enough to back teams at $1.20 when only a couple of goals up and still a half to go, you deserve what you get, especially when its average teams playing.

I agree mate, that's why i don't do it--in fact i do the exact opposite....but believe me a lot of people think they're getting on free money.....Haw came in to $1.15 in round 22 vs Haw when they were only 4 goals up, the markets over-react in the AFL all the time.

I thought playing this game would be fun but I don't have the patience to play it. Sifting through markets to find a $1.20 shot that is value is bloody ridiculous.

In saying that, I'm sure it could be done, but not by me. Anyway, in an attempt to speed things up a little, I've had a go at the tennis ... This is surely where my short run ends ...

$32.12 on Stosur (1.18) vs Garbin into Bondarenko (1.45) vs Petkovic into Schneyder (1.42) vs Dulgheru into Razzano (1.08) vs Sfar into Zvonareva (1.30) vs Vesnina into Martinez Sanchez (1.33) vs Brianti into Petrova (1.10) vs Voegele

I thought playing this game would be fun but I don't have the patience to play it. Sifting through markets to find a $1.20 shot that is value is bloody ridiculous.

In saying that, I'm sure it could be done, but not by me. Anyway, in an attempt to speed things up a little, I've had a go at the tennis ... This is surely where my short run ends ...

$32.12 on Stosur (1.18) vs Garbin into Bondarenko (1.45) vs Petkovic into Schneyder (1.42) vs Dulgheru into Razzano (1.08) vs Sfar into Zvonareva (1.30) vs Vesnina into Martinez Sanchez (1.33) vs Brianti into Petrova (1.10) vs Voegele

Yeah, no chance :rolleyes:

Everyone just lost interest when I lost my $10 ;)

Screw searching for $1.20 winners - just load up on Vettel to win the F1 championship or even parlay it into Buddy for the Coleman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gave it a go starting tonight

picked sam stosur to win @ 1.16

LOSS

system fail!

i thought this thread was for picking 1.20 winners 1 at a time.... not multi'ing them

Having the patience to be able to pick them 1 at a time would help. I just don't have that sort of patience, or conversely if I started to do well, I doubt I'd have the nerve to begin risking what I consider huge amounts of money (+$100) on $1.20 shots.

Anyway,

My tennis parlay failed massively with at least 3 odds on shots out of 7 going down. For those that can be bothered researching the area, this may be something worth looking into.

brjafi, You're spot on about those that back Stosur ;)

Santoz, its womens tennis that got you. Games are more 50/50 than you think. I learnt my lesson padding out outs with Sharapovas, Aussie Annas and the likes only to see them lose in massive upsets. Now i realise these massive upsets happen a little too regularly to bet on a favourite with confidence. Adii will tell you you lost patience and discipline.

Nice start Santoz. Shortened to $1.04, thats a bit rough, a collect is a collect tho.

Is Adii still doing this??

yes, its called patience.

Nice work Santoz. Good to see you actually posting your bets and profits.

What are you doing adii?

waiting for my next winnable 1.20.

Well good luck to you Adii. You are far more patient than I.

gave it a go starting tonight

picked sam stosur to win @ 1.16

LOSS

system fail!

brj you made me doubt my groenfeld selection she won easy :(
you cost me $250 hahaha.

as for my next pick im being very patient.. might take verdasco first set @ 1.22 not sure yet.

brj you made me doubt my groenfeld selection she won easy :(
you cost me $250 hahaha.

as for my next pick im being very patient.. might take verdasco first set @ 1.22 not sure yet.

always trust your own instinct, follow your gut, and your first answer/choice is more often the right one

well, technically i didn't cost you any, i said i wouldn't bet on it, not to not bet on it.

what was the stokes result? A DRAW. you cost me 10cents ya bastard, pay me back. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back 30 1.20 winners receive over $2000

Remove this Banner Ad

Back