Analysis Back 6 Selection

Remove this Banner Ad

The future is Hombsch, Clurey, Austin. All good size yet mobile, can mark and spoil, at least adequate disposal - in Clurey's case potential elite.

Pittard - medium tall general/game breaker.

DBJ and Impey as quick, small gutsy players. Impey needs to work on his game sense as DBJ is currently moving ahead at a rate of knots.

Elite kicks who can hold their own defensively - Krakouer and/or Bonner.

The future is Hombsch, Clurey, Austin. All good size yet mobile, can mark and spoil, at least adequate disposal - in Clurey's case potential elite.

DBJ and Impey as quick, small gutsy players. Impey needs to work on his game sense as DBJ is currently moving ahead at a rate of knots.

Add Austin to the really polished ball user category.

I don't think I want anyone to make it more on our list than Austin and Howard right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Clurey really shown elite kicking at SANFL level though? genuine question, from the limited games i've seen while he's ambidextrous he's still not a magnificent kick to say Bonner levels.

As for the rest of this thread i think 1 of Carlile, Trengove and Jonas can stay. If Trengove starts to ruck part time, it's him. If Jonas can not be a complete liability speedwise it could be him. Carlile could win by default. I don't think we need to get rid of all 3, we can cope with 1 genuine lockdown defender. to be honest it's a real pity(can i say that) Hombsch has surpassed the other 3 defensively and has to play more accountable then the rest. if he was our second best defender and not standing Cloke and Franklin every other week, he would really help a bit of system with rebound and marking. Not because he's let of the leash but an actual dour(trengove) defender is actually standing the most dangerous forward. it's ****ing pointless play Carlile third tall and Jonas 4th tall because they offer **** all and how many times does the opponents third tall kick a bag, they're kids most of the times FFS.

INTERCEPT MARKING we are an absolute disgrace at and when we're taller than every other backline/forwardline in the comp and can't mark the ball, its pointless.

Me too. To this backline he's a bit like Monty was to the 2004 backline.

Carn

Broady is a perfectly cromulent AFL footballer but Montgomery was a B&F winning All Australian. Broadbent is nowhere near that level.

Carn

Broady is a perfectly cromulent AFL footballer but Montgomery was a B&F winning All Australian. Broadbent is nowhere near that level.
I was comparing his style of play really, not the level. I may not have made that clear.
CLEARLY, he is not at the same level.

At his best, he's pretty quick, rebounding, can play above his height, has a pretty good leg on him.

If you want to talk about levels, to be fair, the entire team is "nowhere near that level".

When we were going our best in 2014, Broady looked more similar to Monty.

I was comparing his style of play really, not the level. I may not have made that clear.
CLEARLY, he is not at the same level.

At his best, he's pretty quick, rebounding, can play above his height, has a pretty good leg on him.

If you want to talk about levels, to be fair, the entire team is "nowhere near that level".

When we were going our best in 2014, Broady looked more similar to Monty.

We don't need someone who plays well when the team does or when he is allowed to.

We want people who make the team play well, especial when others are down.

Last edited:
We don't need someone who plays well when the team does or when he is aloud to.

We want people who make the team play well, especial when others are down.
Allowed, not aloud (meaning not silent).

And ... of course we want as many players as possible who can play well, even when all around is shit.

But welcome to reality, where a lot of our team bear more than a passing resemblance to downhill skiers.

If we just went by your simplistic criterion, we couldn't even field a team.

Allowed, not aloud (meaning not silent).

And ... of course we want as many players as possible who can play well, even when all around is shit.

But welcome to reality, where a lot of our team bear more than a passing resemblance to downhill skiers.

If we just went by your simplistic criterion, we couldn't even field a team.

We can certainly field a team, a lot of the downhill skiing has resulted from rewiring mediocracy, it has been bread by the coaches.

Structured changes and the coaches pushing the players to get the best out of them would potentially deliver the desired result. doing nothing certainly wont.

I haven't seen Austin play much but posters in the know here have given him a good wrap. Why not pick him then. Darcy grabbed his opportunity to play AFL football, maybe Austin will do the same. I think the team could do with some rejuvenation.

We can certainly field a team, a lot of the downhill skiing has resulted from rewiring mediocracy, it has been bread by the coaches.

Structured changes and the coaches pushing the players to get the best out of them would potentially deliver the desired result. doing nothing certainly wont.
rewiring-brain.png

Italian_bread_500.jpg

I grow tired of non-sequiturs, so please just ignore my posts, and I shall ignore yours.

I haven't seen Austin play much but posters in the know here have given him a good wrap. Why not pick him then. Darcy grabbed his opportunity to play AFL football, maybe Austin will do the same. I think the team could do with some rejuvenation.

Certainly think he has a future. My only question is is he physically 100% ready, with his double shoulder reco he would have missed out on a lot of gym time. So i think it comes down to match ups.I think he'd be a good match up for guys like Cameron and Gunston but not sure how he'd go just yet on the bigger forwards, still giving way a bit of weight.

May be reading to much into it though.

Last edited:
Austin hasn't been great defensively this year, to be completely honest. Has looked slightly off the pace, at least compared to how he was playing last year.

Not sure it's the right time to bring him in.

Austin hasn't been great defensively this year, to be completely honest. Has looked slightly off the pace, at least compared to how he was playing last year.

Not sure it's the right time to bring him in.

Interesting, haven't got to see him much so its hard to judge when you going of what you've seen in the past.

Quite liked what i have seen though

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Back 6 Selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Back