• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

NewBabyBombaz

Debutant
Jun 12, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Going on the theory that at the start of the season you should have a plan for how your entire team will be by the end of the season, which seven backs would you plan on ultimately having? The list is quite long as everyone will vary on their 5th 6th and 7th backs quite a lot I would guess, consider costs as well.

It's an interesting one but I won't go into my top 7. Durability needs to be taken into account. These are the leading scorers for total points in 2008. Makes for interesting reading.

1. Sam Fisher: 1981 @ 90.05
2. Jared Brennan: 1858 @ 84.45
3. Jordan McMahon: 1854 @ 84.27
4. Nathan Bock: 1849 @ 84.05
5. Chris Newman: 1801 @ 81.86
6. Brendon Goddard: 1799 @ 89.95
7. Joel Bowden: 1771 @ 98.39

It's an interesting one but I won't go into my top 7. Durability needs to be taken into account. These are the leading scorers for total points in 2008. Makes for interesting reading.

1. Sam Fisher: 1981 @ 90.05
2. Jared Brennan: 1858 @ 84.45
3. Jordan McMahon: 1854 @ 84.27
4. Nathan Bock: 1849 @ 84.05
5. Chris Newman: 1801 @ 81.86
6. Brendon Goddard: 1799 @ 89.95
7. Joel Bowden: 1771 @ 98.39
That is interesting reading, i think Bowden getting 1771 is huge for being dropped for a couple of weeks. Obviously didn't think Brennan or McMahon would be that high...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On overall points, this is my top 7 prediction:

Goddard
Bowden
Cornes
Fisher
Bock
Newman
Birchall

If we base it on averages, I'd tip Wheatley and Mackie to be in there instead of Newman and Birch.

I don't think Hodge will be listed as a defender.

On overall points, this is my top 7 prediction:

Goddard
Bowden
Cornes
Fisher
Bock
Newman
Birchall

If we base it on averages, I'd tip Wheatley and Mackie to be in there instead of Newman and Birch.

I don't think Hodge will be listed as a defender.

Why's that? I would have thought of all the possible reclassifications that he would be one of the most likely players to be a back.

Admittedly, I don't have a solid argument. I haven't watched alot of the Hawks play this year. But I know that CD are not as liberal with their positional changes as some of us would like.

I guess its more of a hope that he will be a mid, more than anything. I should have probably reworded my last post to say "I'm going on the assumption that Hodge won't be listed as a defender."

I think he could be a 'Deledio' type classification. By that I mean, they both played a new role towards the end of the year and the coach intends for them to continue that role next year. Of course with Lids he played one game a FF and then Wallace moved him. My point is that the player doesn't neccisarily have to have played in that position for the majority of the year to be reclassified. FWIW I don't really care where Hodge goes and he's not in my starting team plans anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Backs-Final Seven

Back