Bad luck guys

Remove this Banner Ad

My housemate and I (He is a pies Supporter) nearly teared up when the siren went.

It wont feel any better in me saying that but Doggies have been my second favourite team for awhile... Best of luck for the future! :thumbsu:

Couldnt quite get there but be proud.

Yeah shame one of us had to lose a great game like that. Thought the Dogs were fantastic tonight and took it right up to us. The game could have gone either way in the end, thankfully we were in front this time but as a Saints fan I know what it feels like to be on the other side and it hurts big time.

Hopefully we can make the most of it and win a flag for the battlers and the Dogs will get another chance in the future.:thumbsu:

I feel pretty gutted for you right now - was cheering the doggies all the way.

Better luck next year - nasty feeling i'll be joining you this time tomorrow

Bad luck guys.

Really felt for the Dogs tonight.

As a neutral, it got to a point when I didn't want either side to lose. Great effort by your blokes tonight, you should be proud of them, even though you're all gutted right now.

Bad Luck? Yes you had some bad luck. Anyone with a heart would have felt for you last night , the rub of the green went their way so some bad luck and bad umpiring decisions were all there. You beat them playing their brand of football but unfortunately just couldn't put it away. The way you played showed you are a proud club no matter what some other elitists think , a club that has had its knocks and year after year still fights on.

However , after the emotions scar up a little I think you will look less at luck and more at what your club can do to influence the result next time . What you club has to do to be better. It reminded me of the Cats in 04 and 05. In 04 we beat Brisbane everywhere but on the score board and in 05 where were beat with second left on the clock in Sydney.
04 made us go and get Ottens and 05 probably made us hard enough to win in 07. You will rebound and this will make you stronger.

Heads up guys. There is no curse or a bad luck entity designed to deny you the ultimate. Keep at it , you will get there. I just hope its just not against us.

TC

I was at the game last name ...... cheering the Bullies on, unfortunately you guys couldn't get over the line but you had a good dip at it!!!

Some of the umpiring decisions were dubious but hey that's footy.

Good luck next year!!!

Yeah shame one of us had to lose a great game like that. Thought the Dogs were fantastic tonight and took it right up to us. The game could have gone either way in the end, thankfully we were in front this time but as a Saints fan I know what it feels like to be on the other side and it hurts big time.

Hopefully we can make the most of it and win a flag for the battlers and the Dogs will get another chance in the future.:thumbsu:

Have u had it happen to u 6 times in the last 20 years :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a long suffering saints supporter (who played all his junior football in the Footscray dist leagues back in the day) i do know how you guys are feeling.

You guys will be a hell of a force if you get some players to go again (AKA) and pickup a couple of talls...maybe pickup one and another young guy comes through for from your list?

Would love the see a Doggies v Saints GF next year.....just unlucky it didn't fall that way this year.

Lotsa luck in recruiting Doggies..love your club spirit:thumbsu:

Bad luck guys, some bad umpiring and missed a few chances...but another solid season from you guys and alot of positives to take from the year.

Bad luck guys, you were a terrific side that flew under the radar all season and were pretty unlucky in the end not to get over the Saints. It has been clear all season that the AFL wants another flag headed to Moorabbin such is the armchair ride they've had with the umpiring. I was hoping that after our finals failure that you guys could win the flag as you deserve one - in particular Johnno.

Anyway best of luck next year :thumbsu:

Thanks for the sentiments from the supporters of the other clubs.

The dogs have to shake off the tag of the club that everyone likes to feel sorry for.. Until they do that, their demons will continue to haunt them.

I would have rather seen them lose by 10 goals than 7 points in a final.. 7 points when they had the match in their grasp, and were the better side on the night.. But it goes to show, you cant let opportunities go begging.

Until they start playing hungry, living hungry, they just wont change.

Congrats on a great season I thought that your team was brave and gave it their all

Have a great off season and I look forward to our contest in 2010

My housemate and I (He is a pies Supporter) nearly teared up when the siren went.

It wont feel any better in me saying that but Doggies have been my second favourite team for awhile... Best of luck for the future! :thumbsu:

Couldnt quite get there but be proud.

Hope you go all the way, we cant have the Saints go ahead of us in premierships.

Commiserations Dogs.
I thought you played brilliantly last night.
Applied the physical pressure that you needed to in order to win the game but were unjustly punished by the umpires for it.
Chins up, your time will come!

Thanks for the thoughts and good luck to your teams.

I don't think we quite need to throw off the tag of a team others feel sorry for, it will fall off when we win The Big One.

Wanted to say well played for last night - IMO you should be proud of the effort of your team (and Brad Johnson is a gun and carries himself with dignity and pride - he reminds me of Harvey in that way) - they played their guts out.

FWIW - weve lost 3 prelims in 5 years,I think Port had lost a few before they got there also and even the brilliant Lions fell ina few finals before their time. Point is I see so much upside in some of your kids that IMHO your year of dominance is still to come. And it will - to many good players for it not to.

With Cordy and Roughead as developing talls and Andres Everitt who has shown some great poise already your future looks bright.

Best of luck for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad luck guys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back