Unrestricted Free Agent Bailey Banfield [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Cursedsword02

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
The 26-year-old medium forward from Freo is an Unrestricted Free Agent this year due to being delisted and re-rookied years ago.

Any chance he might get looked at by rival clubs looking for a ready-made forward?

Feels like he has that many staying factors that we'd have to offer something pretty disrespectful for him to leave. Currently engaged, family business based in WA, does a bunch of community work, is Freo's sustainability officer. But then again, we have form in the "disrespectful offer" department.

In general, seems like Freo are holding off on contract talks until they have their ducks in a row and know around what they're gonna be investing come trade and draft periods. Part of that is most of our OOC players are a bit meh, but there's a few on that list who you'd think we should have a pretty good idea what we're gonna offer by now, including Banfield.

Last edited:
Feels like he has that many staying factors that we'd have to offer something pretty disrespectful for him to leave. Currently engaged, family business based in WA, does a bunch of community work, is Freo's sustainability officer. But then again, we have form in the "disrespectful offer" department.

In general, seems like Freo are holding off on contract talks until they have their ducks in a row and know around what they're gonna be investing come trade and draft periods. Part of that is most of our OOC players are a bit meh, but there's a few on that list who you'd think we should have a pretty good idea what we're gonna offer by now, including Banfield.

Am i wrong in thinking his family own a company that puts stacks into freo? was a wild thought going around you guys kept him on the list for this long due to the dollars his family bring in.. in saying that he has had a decent year.

Am i wrong in thinking his family own a company that puts stacks into freo? was a wild thought going around you guys kept him on the list for this long due to the dollars his family bring in.. in saying that he has had a decent year.
Willie Creek Pearls.
Minor sponsor, but put a stack into the club over covid.

Bailey would be earning plenty outside of the cap as well. Sustainability Officer, Fronts the Starlight program and purple hands foundation.

Willie Creek Pearls.
Minor sponsor, but put a stack into the club over covid.

Bailey would be earning plenty outside of the cap as well. Sustainability Officer, Fronts the Starlight program and purple hands foundation.
He also got something ridiculously high on his ATAR. He should have played 100 games for Freo by the end of the season.

He also got something ridiculously high on his ATAR. He should have played 100 games for Freo by the end of the season.

His fiancee is also a complete smoke show

Guy is crushing life really

He’s been disrespected for many years by fans and club. I reckon he’s an iconic player of this era of Freo and his effort has been consistently high. I don’t know if the stats reflect it but I feel like he’s contributed something important in every game he’s played the last two or three years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he still feels the same way

A desire to be in Fremantle’s first premiership side was the driving force behind Bailey Banfield’s decision to commit to the Club for the next two seasons, signing on until 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back