Recommitted Bailey Smith [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

You're kidding yourself.

Your current first was already rejected now you think a 1 pick upgrade and a lower first rounder will be enough

Lol
I’m not kidding myself.

Dogs have an offer in front of them. They might not get a better one in 12 months time.

Watson is there for the taking…everyone knows Dogs are keen on him, but how keen are they?

Your F1 is gonna be late, you guys were very good at the end of the season when winning couldnt move your finishing position. Top 8 pick for mine for next year

So, Smith for a 10+? No thanks. Hes worth a high first rounder or a couple late ones and we all know it

He sure is, no argument here.

Top 8 prediction is very generous though, we would need Smith to help get there!

I’m not kidding myself.

Dogs have an offer in front of them. They might not get a better one in 12 months time.

Watson is there for the taking…everyone knows Dogs are keen on him, but how keen are they?
Presumably not keen enough to sell Smith for massive unders.......

Dogs have it in front of them at the moment.

How much do they want Watson, and can they keep Bailey next year?
Didn’t an OOC Adam Cerra go for pick 6?

Even if we can’t keep him, why would we gamble on your team next year? Give us pick 5 in a straight swap and we can talk.

Presumably not keen enough to sell Smith for massive unders.......
You must think we’re playing finals next year, good to see you’re on board.

I don't understand why people are calling him a goal kicker. Hasn't he kicked 10 goals in total in the last two years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll take Wiz at 4. Nothing surer.
Just on this, has it ever occurred to anything that maybe Watson isn't the player they're actually targeting? It would pretty silly to let all clubs know the exact player they want and trade a bunch of high end picks, especially when it's a very real chance that particular player could be picked up earlier.

Power usually keeps things closer to his chest in this department. Maybe they are equally comfortable with all the talents around that pick (Curtin, Durrsma, Watson & McKercher) and might be putting out a bit of info to see if it ruffles any of the teams above them.

Just on this, has it ever occurred to anything that maybe Watson isn't the player they're actually targeting? It would pretty silly to let all clubs know the exact player they want and trade a bunch of high end picks, especially when it's a very real chance that particular player could be picked up earlier.

Power usually keeps things closer to his chest in this department. Maybe they are equally comfortable with all the talents around that pick (Curtin, Durrsma, Watson & McKercher) and might be putting out a bit of info to see if it ruffles any of the teams above them.
Yep. The last time I felt really confident about how the draft would fall was 2020 when everyone was saying:
Adelaide-Thilthorpe
NM-McDonald
Sydney-DGB
Hawthorn-Phillips
And in the end only one of those was right.

Very hard to guess (Twomey tends to do it well though).

Totally agree - rumours of who players want in the draft this far out are always based on one person saying it and then everyone else repeating it until it's fact. I imagine we like a number of players up the top, Watson being one of them. Same with Hawthorn and Durrsma.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back