Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, The Saints could trade there pick 8 for say, GWS pick 15 and 16 (they may have to throw in a future 2nd) then take him with pick 16 and still leaving them with 2 first round picks.
For a player that doesn’t want to be there and give up that pick for 2/3 seasons of value, highly doubt it but it is St.Kilda

Sorry I’m gonna need you to re-try that comment attempt…

Please present at least a 1000 word essay as the standard already has been set here by threenewpadlocks, in E-Book formatting as well please.
This is 2024 after all, we expect better.
You haven't seen my run ins on the Dogs board with 90% of our fans. Everyone hates me there. All it takes is one other Dogs fan to suggest that we were wrong to give Tim English games ahead of Jordan Sweet...

Ok, The Saints could trade there pick 8 for say, GWS pick 15 and 16 (they may have to throw in a future 2nd) then take him with pick 16 and still leaving them with 2 first round picks.

Teams are not wasting a first round pick in a deep draft on a guy who only wants to play with one team.
We saw this scenario with Luke Ball.

Saints fans thought someone else would take him and nobody did.
No self respecting list manager is putting their job on the line drafting a guy who doesn’t want to be there, who said he wants to play for one solo club in one of the deepest drafts in a decade lol

So, if i got this right, you are saying that a 6-pick slide doesn't really matter cause the quality of draftees are similar?
If this is correct, then it shouldn't be hard for Geelong to just trade up 6 spots in the draft and give that pick to the Dogs!
No I'd expect that would be difficult. It's not exact value there but the difference isn't meaningful enough to send Smith to the draft. It's just silly bluffing

Last edited:
Easily the Dogs.

The GWS first will pick 18 once the bids come in. O’Halloran isn’t worth more than a F3 so we’re essentially trading Smith for pick 18.

Any offer for Smith should start at the Cats F1 with the haggling on either side beginning at that point.

The F1 I would suspect is off the table.
The haggling will be what else (not the F1) is added to 17 to get it done. One or two r2s probably get added to it I'd say.

That would be peak Saint Kilda, but no i don't think they would do that. They're struggling to build a culture that retains players as it is they're not going to pick a guy who doesn't want to be there.

Teams are not wasting a first round pick in a deep draft on a guy who only wants to play with one team.
We saw this scenario with Luke Ball.

Saints fans thought someone else would take him and nobody did.
No self respecting list manager is putting their job on the line drafting a guy who doesn’t want to be there, who said he wants to play for one solo club in one of the deepest drafts in a decade lol
Its been what 20 years since Luke Ball done that! If he puts himself into the national draft then he puts himself in there for any team to pick him. Thats not to say any team will pick him, but hes putting himself in that position and i doubt he'd be wanting to risk it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What players have they lost that wanted to keep? Battle!
Well yeah, and they were sore about that. I genuinely do not think saints will do that.

You're going to add a player in your top earnings bracket fresh off him fuming about his treatment by his last club? You also traded back for him? No, Ross would veto that in a heartbeat.

Dogs have offered their future first to the Suns for 13.

I think there’s a lot more to play out than simply Cats first and second for Baz, as that’s not enough and Cats will be hesitant to offer more.

I can almost guarantee there will be some third club involved or something unforeseen that gets this done. For all we know Sam Power and Mackey are working together to ensure both clubs are happy.

For example:

Suns get: Cats first & F2, Dogs F2

Dogs get: Suns 13 & 25

Cats get: B.Smith

I think there’s a lot more to play out than simply Cats first and second for Baz, as that’s not enough and Cats will be hesitant to offer more.

I can almost guarantee there will be some third club involved or something unforeseen that gets this done. For all we know Sam Power and Mackey are working together to ensure both clubs are happy.

For example:

Gold Coast have better offers from other clubs for their pick 13

For example:

I mean sure but that just seems like Geelong's first and second with extra steps?

For example:

I would be happy but gc will get much better offers than that for 13 and gc will want a future 1st for it not a current 1st as Lombard bid will wipe out the current 1st.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back