Trade Requested Bailey Smith - Reportedly headed to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

17 & F2 for 11 from freo then trade that for Smith.

Haven't they offered 10, 11 and 18 now for Bolton and Baker?

If not, I'd do that, am expecting 17 and F2 will be the deal at the end of the day.

I still think 17 and an F2 should be the deal and it's decent for both parties. It's under what a guy like Bailey Smith is worth, but being uncontracted and with the picks the Cats have etc, it is what it is. Cats get a guy they have chased hard for under what he is worth, but still pay up a little to avoid dragging out further or any of the PSD crap that nobody will win from.

Asking for a F3 back is a bit unreasonable IMO and Geelong don't really need it, 17 and F2 and everyone is happy when they wake up the next day.

Yeah I agree both clubs supporters will not like that deal so it's probably about right.

The Western Bulldogs want a pick inside the top 10 of November’s super draft from Geelong in exchange for Bailey Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please, think harder.

The point is, if it’s okay for your club to dig heels in until you’re satisfied, then why can’t we?
Mackie dug his heels in over a 4th and 5th round pick. Power is asking for a top 10 pick - you can't see a difference and you're telling me to think harder? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

The Western Bulldogs want a pick inside the top 10 of November’s super draft from Geelong in exchange for Bailey Smith.

Gullan's previously wrote (at least) a couple of books about Geelong's premiership wins, this seems to be written coming from our club's view as well. Framed that the Dogs are unreasonably asking for a pick we simply aren't able to obtain and that our offer is a fair one with the classic threat that we'll take him with our first if they don't agree to a trade and they get nothing.

Still not getting the point.

It’s staggering.
No I get the point, you said it yourself. If Geelong can dig their heels in then why can't the Dogs? They can, but the currency at stake is not even close. Geelong got offered picks 24 and 72, they asked for more and got pick 90 (which Port had anyway). Dogs have been offered pick 17 and want a top 10 pick - Geelong doesn't even have a top 10 pick.

If you think adding pick 90 to a deal is in the same stratosphere as asking for pick 17 to be upgraded to a top 10 pick then I don't know what to tell you.

No I get the point, you said it yourself. If Geelong can dig their heels in then why can't the Dogs? They can, but the currency at stake is not even close. Geelong got offered picks 24 and 72, they asked for more and got pick 90 (which Port had anyway). Dogs have been offered pick 17 and want a top 10 pick - Geelong doesn't even have a top 10 pick.

If you think adding pick 90 to a deal is in the same stratosphere as asking for pick 17 to be upgraded to a top 10 pick then I don't know what to tell you.

The fact your list manager dug his heels in for so long for two shithouse late picks, basically sums up my point. Hes a stubborn prick. Which Sam Power should be also.

Power values him as top 10. Mackie at 17.

Good, meet halfway and get it done.

The point still stands, if you guys can be stubborn and drag your heels, then so can we.

Top 10 is a wishful thinking but you’d expect at least 11-15

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith - Reportedly headed to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back