Trade Requested Bailey Smith - Reportedly headed to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

telling people to think harder because you can't explain yourself clearly is adding nothing to the discussion

Have a look at the two idiotic replies.

You know they are idiotic but you don’t like getting called out on it.

Happy to elaborate if you genuinely need more assistance.

Last edited:
gladiator-russell-crowe.gif

That time again dishlicker.

Have a look at your two idiotic replies.

You know they are idiotic but you don’t like getting called out on it.

Happy to elaborate if you genuinely need more assistance.
Now I'm an idiot because you think pick 90 is the same as pick 10.

Have we found Sam Power's BF account?

Now I'm an idiot because you think pick 90 is the same as pick 10.

Have we found Sam Power's BF account?

No I get the point, you said it yourself. If Geelong can dig their heels in then why can't the Dogs? .

One moment you understand what I’m saying, and then you don’t. It’s some of the more bizarre posting.

Maybe I’ll go a different route. I’ll ask you a question. Were you happy that Mackie dug his heels in until the last minute and got the extra two picks he and the club wanted? (Ended up being 58 and 64 and one of them ended up being Lawson Humphries.)

Or should he have just got it done nice and early for pick 24, which is what ports initial offer was?

Last edited:
Sam Power to make a name for himself come Wed night I reckon.

Gullan's previously wrote (at least) a couple of books about Geelong's premiership wins, this seems to be written coming from our club's view as well. Framed that the Dogs are unreasonably asking for a pick we simply aren't able to obtain and that our offer is a fair one with the classic threat that we'll take him with our first if they don't agree to a trade and they get nothing.
Gullan does Geelong media because he's based there but ironically he's a dogs fan. Spoke about it numerous times on the podcast he did with Lingy. He knows the cats list inside out because it's his job.

Here's an article he wrote in 2016 about what it's like being a dogs fan

Don't think he's pushing any agenda either way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh its perfectly acceptable to ask for a top 10 pick Bailey Smith is worth 2x firsts fully fit.

Geelong are just masterful at acquiring players for a fraction of their cost :tearsofjoy: its also not the Bulldogs problem that Geelong dont have a top 10 pick its up to the buyer to satisfy the seller.

Tbh its perfectly acceptable to ask for a top 10 pick Bailey Smith is worth 2x firsts fully fit.

Geelong are just masterful at acquiring players for a fraction of their cost :tearsofjoy: its also not the Bulldogs problem that Geelong dont have a top 10 pick its up to the buyer to satisfy the seller.

Every trade ever goes this way. Sammy will get pick 17 and maybe a small pick swap in his favour if the Mack is feeling generous and Sammy will love it.

One moment you understand what I’m saying, and then you don’t. It’s some of the more bizarre posting.

Maybe I’ll go a different route. I’ll ask you a question. Were you happy that Mackie dug his heels in until the last minute and got the extra two picks he and the club wanted? (Ended up being 58 and 64 and one of them ended up being Lawson Humphries.)

Or should he have just got it done nice and early for pick 24, which is what ports initial offer was?
At the time I thought it was a bit silly but after watching Humphries become a top 5 player 21 and under it makes sense now. If you guys are so excited by the prospect of a 5th round pick though why do you keep banging on about a top 10 pick?

At the time I thought it was a bit silly but after watching Humphries become a top 5 player 21 and under it makes sense now. If you guys are so excited by the prospect of a 5th round pick though why do you keep banging on about a top 10 pick?

It’s not about the specific pick or round in the draft mate. It’s about getting the value that you believe is fair for a player that is requesting a trade out. The notion that we have absolutely no power and should just cop what we’re offered, is nonsense, hence my example about the Esava trade.

You guys wanted to maximise that deal to ensure it was fair for you guys, so why can’t Sam Power do the same? The point was around digging heels and getting what that club believes is fair or “fairer” value.

Doesn’t mean we’re going to get a top 10 pick, but Power is clearly seeking something higher than pick 17. Good list managers dig their heels in (Mackie and Power are two of them).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith - Reportedly headed to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back