Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Still wouldn't
I'd rather pick 3!
I know the alure of pick 3 sounds better but the reality of the situation is that at this early stage (and of course this, as well as all picks involved in this can change) most of the top 10 appear to be midfielders, so why would you not want potentially the best key position player in the draft (which you'll likely be able to grab with pick 8) as well as what is very likely to still be a very good midfielder in Bailey Smith, as opposed to just a very good (and possibly better/worse than Bailey Smith) midfielder?

I know the alure of pick 3 sounds better but the reality of the situation is that at this early stage (and of course this, as well as all picks involved in this can change) most of the top 10 appear to be midfielders, so why would you not want potentially the best key position player in the draft (which you'll likely be able to grab with pick 8) as well as what is very likely to still be a very good midfielder in Bailey Smith, as opposed to just a very good (and possibly better/worse than Bailey Smith) midfielder?

His dodgy knee and attitude are gigantic red flags, but that's just my opinion! If Hawthorn ends up with him I'll just have to hope it works out.

His dodgy knee and attitude are gigantic red flags, but that's just my opinion! If Hawthorn ends up with him I'll just have to hope it works out.
He doesn’t have a dodgy knee. He has an ACL injury, which is a pretty common occurrence throughout the AFL that players get back from.

He doesn’t have a dodgy knee. He has an ACL injury, which is a pretty common occurrence throughout the AFL that players get back from.

Except not every player returns "the same" and/or they do the acl on the same knee again.

I also thought he had knee issues in his teen years ? Hence my scepticism.

this fella seem like a guy who cares a lot about clout and like to be seen up an about. geelong wont be for him, he more a big city guy. collingwood and him seem to be a perfect match, in terms of trade assets, they figure it out.

Except not every player returns "the same" and/or they do the acl on the same knee again.

Almost every player does.

Think it was an achilles pre-draft from memory.

Nothing overly serious like a rupture, but it came from his penchant to overtrain.

A mate of mine was a coach at Xavier at the time, and he'd never seen such a committed young man in terms of achieving his goal. He was leagues ahead of his peers in that regard.

Was weighing his food, never went out on the weekends, and punished himself with sprints post match if he thought he had a poor game.

Without trying to be unkind, he was regarded as a bit of a weirdo, in that he kept to himself and didn't participate in the typical 'blokey' lockeroom culture...which probably just comes from having an IQ above average.

It's what made the whole 'bad boy' image and off-field troubles that have eventuated since so surprising....but fame, money, and poor influences around you can do that to people.

Bailey Smith and someone like Shanahan or Ofarrell or maybe even a Whitlock or Trainir trumps Jagga Smith or said Draper any day.

Bailey Smith and someone like Shanahan or Ofarrell or maybe even a Whitlock or Trainir trumps Jagga Smith or said Draper any day.
If you can move down 5 spots in the draft and due to it you get Bailey Smith and lose a second round pick, you take it any day of the week imo, it seems like most Hawks fans agree. I understand why there are some that don't, there's always a risk, but imagine you use pick 3 on a player that ends up like (no shade intended) Will Phillips - there's probably more risk in drafting.

A mate of mine was a coach at Xavier at the time, and he'd never seen such a committed young man in terms of achieving his goal. He was leagues ahead of his peers in that regard.

Was weighing his food, never went out on the weekends, and punished himself with sprints post match if he thought he had a poor game.

Without trying to be unkind, he was regarded as a bit of a weirdo, in that he kept to himself and didn't participate in the typical 'blokey' lockeroom culture...which probably just comes from having an IQ above average.

It's what made the whole 'bad boy' image and off-field troubles that have eventuated since so surprising....but fame, money, and poor influences around you can do that to people.

Sounds like Geelong will be the perfect fit for his career to go up to the next level!

Almost every player does.

Not every player returns with the same speed/agility pre acl/knee reconstruction. And the risk of it happening again is too great to gamble with.

Pies dont have the draft capital to make it happen. Dogs at a point where they know his exit is imminent. Will maximise value.

Dogs get: Pick 8, 2025 Round 2 (Haw)
Dogs give: Bailey Smith

Suns get: Pick 3
Suns give Pick 8, pick 9

Hawks get: Bailey Smith, Pick 9
Hawks give: Pick 3, 2025 round 2(Haw)

Thats essentially what I've heard.

Suns need to get above any picks for Academy players, and currently at 8/9 thats a risk.

Points wise this rates Bailey Smith at roughly a pick 9.

Dogs wont get that much for him and suns wont want that deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not every player returns with the same speed/agility pre acl/knee reconstruction. And the risk of it happening again is too great to gamble with.
Older players, maybe. Most players are fine post ACL.

Pies dont have the draft capital to make it happen. Dogs at a point where they know his exit is imminent. Will maximise value.

Dogs get: Pick 8, 2025 Round 2 (Haw)
Dogs give: Bailey Smith

Suns get: Pick 3
Suns give Pick 8, pick 9

Hawks get: Bailey Smith, Pick 9
Hawks give: Pick 3, 2025 round 2(Haw)

Thats essentially what I've heard.

Suns need to get above any picks for Academy players, and currently at 8/9 thats a risk.

Points wise this rates Bailey Smith at roughly a pick 9.
Hawks overpaying, we need to keep our pick (if it is in the top 5) - we don't need Smith that much.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hawks overpaying, we need to keep our pick (if it is in the top 5) - we don't need Smith that much.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why though? The top five players in the draft will be midfielders and your list is crying out for key position players? Doesn’t it make sense to get a midfielder as well as the best KPP in the draft, as opposed to just a top five midfielder?

Its so over, no way any Zoomer in their right mind wants to play with a mid to ick cheug like Sicily.

Here's our offer:

8pk8y0.jpg

Its the smart move. We even have a player called IQ, its just so obvious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back