Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance a non Melbourne club is interested and he heads that way. I think both Fremantle and Eagles would be all over this, especially Fremantle who are desperate for a winger

I could see Freo giving him 1 mill a year and Doggies 2 x 1st rounders to get it done

Any chance a non Melbourne club is interested and he heads that way. I think both Fremantle and Eagles would be all over this, especially Fremantle who are desperate for a winger

I could see Freo giving him 1 mill a year and Doggies 2 x 1st rounders to get it done

I dont think bailey would agree to leave victoria.

Also no one thinks bailey is a winger except bevo hes an inside mid.

I think he is both really.

Im not sure he would agree to leave Victoria either but I wouldnt 100% rule it out either

With all the marketing stuff that he does plus the mental health i doubt he leaves vic.

He doesnt kick well enough for a wing.
He needs to be a dangerfield/petracca burst inside mid type.

Stengle confirmed locked in 5 years / 700k per year
Very team friendly deal.

Should leave plenty of money on the table for Smith.
It just comes down to Bailey wanting the role/real estate or if he wants to go to the club he grew up supporting?

Either would be a great option for him.
Maybe let's just wait for the announcement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong is in the box seat to land Western Bulldogs’ midfielder Bailey Smith in this year’s trade period as the club looks to bolster its midfield stocks.

Would be great if a Hawk, but even if we keep our first pick we could take a Moraes or Murphy Reid type. So many options in the first round.

That’s what I think is underrated point you brought up.
2024 Draft is stacked with top end mids, the 2023 Draft kind of had more hybrid players than purely ball winning mids and about 4 KPP in the Top 10.

So whoever misses out on Smith could easily grab a young prospect ball winning mid.
Think Cats would need Smith more than Hawks do as Cats need guys in that 24-28 age group.

Hawks could be more willing to take a swing on young Draft talent.

I dont think bailey would agree to leave victoria.

Also no one thinks bailey is a winger except bevo hes an inside mid.
Yet to prove he can play inside mid at all. Think he’ll have a good career wherever he lands as a high accumulating outside player. His best moments for us have come when he has used his tank to just between the arcs all day long.

Would be great if a Hawk, but even if we keep our first pick we could take a Moraes or Murphy Reid type. So many options in the first round.

I think he makes us better but not that much better. Would also make it harder to retain our players given the $$$ he would be after.

Invariably the big $$$ and long year contracts create more issues than are fixed by the recruiting.

Dogs in a good position here.

Reckon Ed Richards is a better and more damaging player in the same role.

So really just cashing in an expendable asset who’s already been replaced and upgraded.

Stengle confirmed locked in 5 years / 700k per year
Very team friendly deal.

Should leave plenty of money on the table for Smith.
It just comes down to Bailey wanting the role/real estate or if he wants to go to the club he grew up supporting?

Either would be a great option for him.
But isnt the model the cats work on is not to over pay any player ?
Would smith take $700k-$800k ?

Hawks would be having $1 mil on the table and Stkilda maybe more
who knows with the Bombers and North

But isnt the model the cats work on is not to over pay any player ?
Would smith take $700k-$800k ?

Hawks would be having $1 mil on the table and Stkilda maybe more
who knows with the Bombers and North

We should have about 5/6 retiring and/or leaving which will clear up a lot of cap.
It would be interesting to see the money offered with the pay structure but yeah that could play a major factor in him joining the Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back