Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Screenshot_20240903_205143_Chrome.jpg
Here is a post from the great man on what he said about Jack Viney, on the Jack Viney thread, only a bit over 2 weeks back...

View attachment 2099783
Here is a post from the great man on what he said about Jack Viney, on the Jack Viney thread, only a bit over 2 weeks back...

He must have been mates with Jack Viney too then.

Hey Celebrity 101 does that mean you're also mates with Ollie Wines? Can you get in his ear about Geelong land packages please 🙏

At first I felt angry at being mocked, but actually that's fair
It is one of the most overrated phrases fans on the site spew out.
"word on our board is" or similar thinking it adds some weight to the discussion.

It is one of the most overrated phrases fans on the site spew out.
"word on our board is" or similar thinking it adds some weight to the discussion.
I think you've either missed the point, or glossed over the previous interaction.

The post was mentioning how Cats fans on this site are supposedly aggrieved at the Smith news.

The point FootyLad0 and myself were trying to get across is that if anything, the Geelong fans on this site are split on whether getting Smith is actually a good investment or not, rather than this hive mind of disappointment if the deal isn't to happen.

I actually agree with the premise of what you're saying...but in this case it purely was BigFooty related, where that premise doesn't really apply.

Nobody is implying that anyone on BF has got any say or credibility on the matter, just disputing the assertion per say.

I think you've either missed the point, or glossed over the previous interaction.

The post was mentioning how Cats fans on this site are supposedly aggrieved at the Smith news.

The point FootyLad0 and myself were trying to get across is that if anything, the Geelong fans on this site are split on whether getting Smith is actually a good investment or not, rather than this hive mind of disappointment if the deal isn't to happen.

I actually agree with the premise of what you're saying...but in this case it purely was BigFooty related, where that premise doesn't really apply.

Nobody is implying that anyone on BF has got any say or credibility on the matter, just disputing the assertion per say.

Yes perfectly said, i myself don't claim to be the paragon of truth or an ITK even though i do actually know people at footy clubs. Just the general feeling of what people are saying. Especially when people try to take a swipe and act as if a very small subset of a fanbase is a monolith and not a variety of baseless opinions.

It means diddly squat when it comes to list management. What are we all really doing here other than talking footy related shit that has no bearing on AFL clubs?
Anyone who tries to look down on others for using BigFooty while on BigFooty is a massive hypocrite.
Same as Reddit, same as any other footy related pages. Touch grass basically

Or?...

Like any good player agent, trying to drive the price up with a "Bidding War" that's not an actual bidding war.

Cats offered 5, Baz and team want 6.
No one else giving him that, create a fake "interest" to drive up his bargaining.
Try to see if Cats blink and offer 6.

Happens all the time. Parish was an example last year.
I totally respect your position, and totally agree.
But you've said the same post over,and over,and over again.

I totally respect your position, and totally agree.
But you've said the same post over,and over,and over again.

Want me to explain it one more time? 😂

Here We Go Again GIF

Cats fans trying their utmost hardest to cope here. Not saying Morris is right, but the fact that Smith was supposedly checking in with the Gold Coast in the last couple of weeks tells me something is up here- after we’ve been led to believe it’s was signed and sealed to Cats.
I can see a budding young man like Bailey not being too keen on living in Geelong when Melbourne is his oyster (off field)
I along with many Geelong fans could take it or leave it you’ll find. Will come on our terms or we’ll go to the draft. 20 years at the pointy end, 1986 was our last bottom 4 finish. Nice crop of under 24’s coming through. We’re coping just fine.

From memory Jordan Dawson went for pick 18. That seems comparable. He wasn't coming off a knee reco though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory Jordan Dawson went for pick 18. That seems comparable. He wasn't coming off a knee reco though.
Precedent without context isn't very accurate though. For example Weller went for pick 2, and I'd say Dawson is a better player.

I feel like they're should be some kind of asterisk against any trade with the Suns though
Thank god.
We don't have pick 7 to give you to get Smith's contract off our books...

Question for dogs fans.

If Geelong finish straight sets (which is most likely), do we accept their 1st + 2nd for Baz?

Would prefer two firsts as that’s what he’s worth but if it’s pick 14ish, that plus a second gets it done for mine.

Question for dogs fans.

If Geelong finish straight sets (which is most likely), do we accept their 1st + 2nd for Baz?

Would prefer two firsts as that’s what he’s worth but if it’s pick 14ish, that plus a second gets it done for mine.
You're going to be burned talking in absolutes especially about Geelong who are good against the odds

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back