Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would he go to Geelong to be behind Danger, Atkins, Bruhn, Holmes, Mullin, Blicavs, Mannagh in the midfield?

It's not though.

I'm a big proponent of this trade but you have to recognise there a fair bit going on that adds pretty substantial risk.

They didn't trade out a future first for Ollie Henry off the back of a premiership year I don't think they'll do it for a guy off an acl with other things to sort out.

It’s not the Bulldogs job to take into account Geelong’s risk.

If Cats want him, they have to pay up. Two late firsts is an absolute steal for Baz, even when considering his ACL (which he has fully recovered from looking at training footage the other day).

Geelong may get him for two late firsts BECAUSE of his ACL, not despite it. Otherwise Dogs would be asking for a top 5 pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would he go to Geelong to be behind Danger, Atkins, Bruhn, Holmes, Mullin, Blicavs, Mannagh in the midfield?
Blicavs will play more back with SDK rucking more. Danger more forward in his twilight. Holmes & Mullin off half back. Mannagh is a high half forward. Atkins nearing the end. Smith will team with Bowes, Bruhn, Clark and Harley Reid in the future. Pretty simple equation.

Yeah, like Geelong wouldn't sweep any of it under the rug ala Stengle who will probably be out this weekend
Tyson is a calculated genius. The man passes out in a nightclub with ample ambiguity.

Is it drugs? Is it alcohol? Is he just really tired? We don't know!!

That's how you do it Bailey. You don't send a pic of you holding a bag with a look in your eyes reminiscent of a 13 year old boy who's just discovered incognito mode exists.

Absolute amateur hour.

Hey this 100 dollar note isn't quite going to cover the $120 bill. You need to put in anther $200
Happy to take $200 off you if you're handing stuff out

I'm torn, Doggies current F/S leg-ups are very annoying but I am very tired of the Cats getting good players stupidly cheap every second year...

I will go for the Dogs making Cats pay a remotely fair price for once. First this year and next for Smith and a 2nd should be the price given the range of the picks

I'm torn, Doggies current F/S leg-ups are very annoying but I am very tired of the Cats getting good players stupidly cheap every second year...

I will go for the Dogs making Cats pay a remotely fair price for once. First this year and next for Smith and a 2nd should be the price given the range of the picks

Doubt Dogs agree to giving the second back if their first this year is above 14.

Doubt Dogs agree to giving the second back if their first this year is above 14.
It's perfect then, we have Cats fans saying no to 2 1sts and Dogs fans saying I'm not giving a 2nd back with the two firsts.

I'm spot on, we can close the thread and move on.

Last edited:

To be fair, the two who are always front and centre of that conversation are Dangerfield & Cameron, and they were free agents anyway.

In hindsight, yeah, we did get them cheap and you would do the deals 100 times over.

When the deals happened though, there were countless Geelong people disappointed we even had to pay that draft capital at all, and countless opposition supporters who were telling us it would come back to bite within a few years too.

Swings and roundabouts really. We could've got both of them for salary only (like Lynch for Richmond) if we didn't have our pay structure, and then missed out on Bowes + pick 7 and/or Bruhn & Henry.

There's usually a chain reaction with these things.

To be fair, the two who are always front and centre of that conversation are Dangerfield & Cameron, and they were free agents anyway.

In hindsight, yeah, we did get them cheap and you would do the deals 100 times over.

When the deals happened though, there were countless Geelong people disappointed we even had to pay that draft capital at all, and countless opposition supporters too who were telling us it would come back to bite within a few years.

Swings and roundabouts, we could've got both of them for salary only (like Lynch for Richmond) if we didn't have our pay structure.
Henry as well. I can see the same thing happening again here.

My "to be fair" is when you're run and coached as well as Cats are, it's hard to lose on trades because the risk seems to not be a thing. You keep getting the best out of everyone, you keep winning the trade.

Still, I think a late first and late 2nd for Smith is robbery and we'll see if Power draws a line on this one

I really dont understand why Melbourne & Essendon are not into Smith
Sure melbourne have some issue's currently but they will be worked out and the Bombers will get their sheet together soon and he is a quality player that every team would take.

I really dont understand why Melbourne & Essendon are not into Smith
Sure melbourne have some issue's currently but they will be worked out and the Bombers will get their sheet together soon and he is a quality player that every team would take.

What are they offering that Bulldogs aren't?

Richmond are rebuilding for the next however long, Melbourne is in shambles and players are wanting out left and right. Essendon have too many mids as is. Guys that would be playing mid are forced to play half forward or wing or even in some cases VFL. Its same problem that Doggies currently have where they have too many guys in those spots already.

Baz has plenty of connections to Geelong.
Cotton On (he's close with Austin family), Deakin University, Surf Coast property to get away from media and go surfing/fishing (he said in interviews at speaking gigs that he loves Surf Coast area) but still close enough to Melbourne to still have party lifestyle, midfield role ready to go, team that will be competitive.
All that and a 5 year deal to set him up for long term security.

There's a lot of reasons for Baz to consider the Cats.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back