Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying the trade won't happen just the more you climb the ladder the harder the trade becomes as the 1st isn't appealing as a straight swap
Understand that but it's not that material a change

Literally everything they've done since the Ollie Henry trade has vindicated their position and almost every trade since that has used a future first had been a cautionary tale.

Plus don't you have another father son coming through early next year?

Out of contract coming off an ACL
You're not gonna get a top 10 pick.

Dogs will get a first, and they'll take it. Maybe a first and second, and that will be more than enough.
Only offered a 2 year deal, so doesn't seem they worked that hard to keep him.

Im happy for him to go there if the alternative is overpaying. As mentioned we didnt trade future 1sts for henry and bruhn i dont see it happening now when our list is 2 years older.
I'm the single biggest proponent of this trade and I'd be happy if Hawks gave us an out on a bad trade.

Plus Hawks would be unlikely to pay any more than we would given they need him less.

this isnt how trades work

if smith wants to go to geelong, hes going to geelong

Thats true unless hes just open to going anywhere for the highest contract. But its worth remembering dunkley was basically traded for picks 23 and 24 (with some other minor pick swaps between the parties) and wasnt coming off an acl.
I cant see geelong offering a possible future top 10 pick in this circumstance.

Thats true unless hes just open to going anywhere for the highest contract. But its worth remembering dunkley was basically traded for picks 23 and 24 (with some other minor pick swaps between the parties) and wasnt coming off an acl.
I cant see geelong offering a possible future top 10 pick in this circumstance.
Sam Power was open to adding a player in the Dunkley Trade think we asked for Lohmann going by what Cal Twomey reported

I would say he's above their level a fair bit but not without flaws. The main thing is he's quick which is what we don't have, which is why it works.
I don't think that's why at all.

He's a proven ball winner coming into his prime. That's why it works. Bruhn, Clark, & Holmes are still years away from that.

We'd welcome Caleb Serong or Matt Rowell for the exact same reasons, and they're not exactly quick.

The pace is a welcome bonus, it's not the driving factor.

I don't think that's why at all.

He's a proven ball winner coming into his prime. That's why it works. Bruhn, Clark, & Holmes are still years away from that.

We'd welcome Caleb Serong or Matt Rowell for the exact same reasons, and they're not exactly quick.

The pace is a welcome bonus, it's not the driving factor.
I dunno, when everyone else in a midfield is slow adding just one pacey player changes the game. I don't think we'd be into him if he wasn't quick

Its not fair but its life when a player is ooc and more importantly hasnt played all year.
I didnt think what brisbane paid for dunkley was super fair but it happened too.
I dont see geelong offering more like we did with bruhn we have been pretty staunch about protecting future 1sts.
So if bailey wont stay it will end up being the offer you except unless you can convince him to pick another club.
Brisbane and Dunkley not an accurate comparison, they had 2 father sons they needed points for, so it’s not like for like.

First and two seconds

Or

Two firsts and a second in return.
Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF by The Bachelorette

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love how fans from both sides of any trade try and talk with the authority in their voices that they actually know what's going on. That isn't the case until mid-late in the trade period.

What usually happens is that two clubs, buyer and seller, usually come to a professional and mature outcome.
Fans may end up hating the result, or loving it. Time will tell.

Sam Power was open to adding a player in the Dunkley Trade think we asked for Lohmann going by what Cal Twomey reported

Thats possible and we may well offer a player as steak knives along with our current r1. But it wont be a best 22 player it would be someone on the fringes.

Brisbane and Dunkley not an accurate comparison, they had 2 father sons they needed points for, so it’s not like for like.

It is an accurate comparison because a top 4 team got it done without any top 15 picks. And this will be similar here.

Love how fans from both sides of any trade try and talk with the authority in their voices that they actually know what's going on. That isn't the case until mid-late in the trade period.

What usually happens is that two clubs, buyer and seller, usually come to a professional and mature outcome.
Fans may end up hating the result, or loving it. Time will tell.
Hi Art Vandelay_ can we introduce you to the wonderful world of bigfooty?😂😂
At the end we all know the deal will be done in the last hour for 2 extra 5th rounders…

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back