Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

I think people forget just how good Tim Kelly was at the Cats, Bailey hasn't come close to that. West Coast collapsed the day he arrived and that has made him look worse since the trade.
I agree he was fantastic, and you were compensated very nicely for losing him.

The difference in quality between the two is there, for sure, but not so much that Smith isn't worth a single top 10 pick when Kelly and two picks in the 50s was worth picks 14, 24, 37 and a F1.

The difference in quality between the two is there, for sure, but not so much that Smith isn't worth a single top 10 pick when Kelly and two picks in the 50s was worth picks 14, 24, 37 and a F1.

Especially when Bailey Smith almost won the best finals player award in 2021 (his third year), second to Jack Macrae.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We kind of had this whole similar conversation about TK though, Wells was demanding a single top 10 pick for TK. The reason West Coast bundled up half the draft was because they couldn't get one to give us.

Given his injury and reduced form before the injury as well as our greater need for a kp, our first is too much. Maybe our second and a swap of firsts.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You’re dreaming if you think you’re getting Bailey Smith for anything less than a first round pick.

I like your optimism though.

Who cares is they want a top 10 pick. Give it.
We've had like 3 in 20 years and consistently been better than most clubs every year in that time. Picks can be overrated.
Youve also had some handy father sons that were pretty much given to you (would off went top 10). You got anymore off them coming through?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2021 finals series Baz was unreal. Check the stats
so value him on performance from 3 full seasons ago pre ACL ( that is a current injury) and all the off field stuff from inside the last 12 months? Not so much.

Im not all in on Baz to begin with but if it happens then so be it - but using 3 year old history to value him now doesn't make him worth more now IMO.

GO Cattrse

so value him on performance from 3 full seasons ago pre ACL ( that is a current injury) and all the off field stuff from inside the last 12 months? Not so much.

Im not all in on Baz to begin with but if it happens then so be it - but using 3 year old history to value him now doesn't make him worth more now IMO.

GO Cattrse
Was very good in 22 and also every other year prior to that. He's had one bad year in 23 where tbh there was something not right at the kennel.

He's a very good player and I'd rather him stay as I think the way the games going suits him.

Reckon St Kilda will enter this space presuming they get band 1 compo for Battle, as is reportedly looking likely.

Makes sense for all parties.

- St Kilda badly need quality and a bit of pace through the midfield, Smith is the right age. They'll have 2 picks in the 6-10 range and a heap of cap space freed up.

- Smith gets a club that can offer a fat contract, plenty of on ball time and a base in the south east suburbs

- Dogs get a 6-10 pick as the centrepiece of a trade.

Youve also had some handy father sons that were pretty much given to you (would off went top 10).

Scarlett wasn't rated that highly as a junior, and GAJ was considered a late first round pick to second round pick. No one could envisage the levels that both would reach.

I'll give you Hawkins though. That was a gift in hindsight.

Reckon St Kilda will enter this space presuming they get band 1 compo for Battle, as is reportedly looking likely.

Makes sense for all parties.

- St Kilda badly need quality and a bit of pace through the midfield, Smith is the right age. They'll have 2 picks in the 6-10 range and a heap of cap space freed up.

- Smith gets a club that can offer a fat contract, plenty of on ball time and a base in the south east suburbs

- Dogs get a 6-10 pick as the centrepiece of a trade.
It's Hawks or Cats. No one else.
Still yet to choose apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back