Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is pretty wild! The worst thing is there are several cats supporters being fairly reasonable. Stop it! Making it hard to keep the hate up…now back on topic. I am not denigrating Bailey but I hope he stays or goes to the cats. He’s not a need prefer to hit the draft this year really impressed with the quality and positional diversity.

Genuine question. How much emotional investment do you think cats fans have over a pick given to us as steak knives in a salary dump?
Time will show a lot of oppo fans to be foolish. Writing off Clark off already lol

Last edited:

This thread is pretty wild! The worst thing is there are several cats supporters being fairly reasonable. Stop it! Making it hard to keep the hate up…now back on topic. I am not denigrating Bailey but I hope he stays or goes to the cats. He’s not a need prefer to hit the draft this year really impressed with the quality and positional diversity.

At the risk of sounding all 'she wasnt that hot anyway' I tend to agree.

I was all in on Baz and have been most of the year but I don't think we need him as much anymore. The midfield is working so well and I think Worpel has passed him in a similar role.

On afl player rankings, Worpel's 2017, 2023 and 2024 averages are all higher than Smith's best season of 2021. Mackenzie looks like he will be all class and Day/Newcombe speak for themselves. We are not as desperate as we were.

Obviously you always need to add talent but Im not sure the price is worth the player anymore. CHol is a solid player but with Lewis down again and Dear still a baby, the Hawks need key position players more and the money and/or picks might be better used there... Perhaps Im also a bit jumpy after we sold the farm for a prodigious talent coming off a serious injury a few years ago...

I think Doggies benefit from Smith leaving whereas Buss was always going to be a net loss

2024 is the perfect time to hit the draft with a good quality 1st rounder

Hmm not sure it’s a benefit, seeing as though power and pace in the middle is becoming really vital, and a few of our mids are in their 30s. I guess we have to hope we can land a quality mid in the draft if we lose him.

Hmm not sure it’s a benefit, seeing as though power and pace in the middle is becoming really vital, and a few of our mids are in their 30s. I guess we have to hope we can land a quality mid in the draft if we lose him.
Its the salary saving plus the fact Doggies draft very well as a whole. Youd be nuts not to back yourselves in and just move on if you ask me. Go through the last 15 years and find me one time you missed on a 1st rounder....

I mean Eagles probably going to take Riley Garcia off you, wanted to take Buss from you but failed and id consider these poorer picks Like Buss is legit the worst 1st rounder you taken in last 15 years (I consider Clay Smith a good and unlucky player not a bad pick).

Save the salary and move on really.

Its the salary saving plus the fact Doggies draft very well as a whole. Youd be nuts not to back yourselves in and just move on if you ask me. Go through the last 15 years and find me one time you missed on a 1st rounder....

I mean Eagles probably going to take Riley Garcia off you, wanted to take Buss from you but failed and id consider these poorer picks Like Buss is legit the worst 1st rounder you taken in last 15 years (I consider Clay Smith a good and unlucky player not a bad pick).

Save the salary and move on really.
Literally in the first few drafts .. Christian Howard and Nathan Hrovat .... Andrejs Everitt instead of Jack Riewoldt was a good one before that

Literally in the first few drafts .. Christian Howard and Nathan Hrovat .... Andrejs Everitt instead of Jack Riewoldt was a good one before that
Thats nearly 20 years ago. Im talking more from 2010 to today. In that time you took

Clay Smith
Jake Stringer
Jack Macrae
Marcus Bontempelli
Tim English
Aaron Naughton
Ed Richards
Bailey Smith
Cody Weightman
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
Sam Darcy
Jedd Buslinger
Ryley Sanders
Jordan Croft

Thats a fricken hell of a haul

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats nearly 20 years ago. Im talking more from 2010 to today. In that time you took

Clay Smith
Jake Stringer
Jack Macrae
Marcus Bontempelli
Tim English
Aaron Naughton
Ed Richards
Bailey Smith
Cody Weightman
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
Sam Darcy
Jedd Buslinger
Ryley Sanders
Jordan Croft

Thats a fricken hell of a haul
Yeah but you said never missed. That's not true

I also doubt you take Gsrcia too

You literally went back to 2009 and then hyperbole that pick 21 in a draft is equal to a 1st rounder given the draft was insanely compromised cos of GWS, and even then was your 3rd player taken.

Best to sit this one out and stop crying poor given AFL gift wrapped you JUH for no reason for example
Bailey hasn’t made a call yet

Happy to debate with Geelong fans

But the above rubbish is what I got banned for last week

No one cares about your strike rate

This is a thread about Bailey Smith

What will be, will be…… If Bailey chooses the Hawk, welcome come on down.

If Bailey chooses another team, then Bailey who? 🤣. Nah seriously his just another opposition player then.

The only person who would know Baileys plans are Bailey right now.

Haha, you said last 15 years. Christian Howard was a bust who didn't play a game as well.

Take it on the chin. You're wrong, yet again.
Also its a absolute shit take to say Hrovat was a bust. The guy had a ton of injuries and even then got traded to North

Believing someone is a bust because of injuries to me is dumb. You cant predict that as a recruiter and the player cant control that

On your logic then Aidan O'Driscoll must be a big bust....

Also its a absolute shit take to say Hrovat was a bust. The guy had a ton of injuries and even then got traded to North

Believing someone is a bust because of injuries to me is dumb. You cant predict that as a recruiter and the player cant control that

On your logic then Aidan O'Driscoll must be a big bust....
I don't mind Nathan... I was involved at the Knights in his draft year. He is a good bloke and was a good captain.

He didn't have a ton of injuries though.

O'Driscoll was our last pick in the draft ... we're talking early picks here.

Again, Howard was a big bust. It was a poor pick

I don't think we will get him as Bulldogs will want more than we should pay given what we need. Geelong or Pies make more sense

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He’d be stupid to go to Collingwood.

They need to rebuild through the draft, hard, and with Tassie coming it’s going to be tough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back