Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

I was all in and still think he will make us better, but would cost our 1st which will also make us better.

Now as the year drags on, I agree with some of the comments Worpels form the past few seasons makes it hard to fit him in. We already have a few other 1st Rd pick from the past few seasons getting squeezed out. Would be a nice get but not world ending.

I was all in and still think he will make us better, but would cost our 1st which will also make us better.

Now as the year drags on, I agree with some of the comments Worpels form the past few seasons makes it hard to fit him in. We already have a few other 1st Rd pick from the past few seasons getting squeezed out. Would be a nice get but not world ending.
That's basically been my opinion. I don't know why you're chasing him.

That's basically been my opinion. I don't know why you're chasing him.
Our footy dept have long said we want more speed in the middle, and xfactor.

That being said, if Baz doesn’t want to be part of what we are building, good luck to him. We’ll have others who will.

He'd suit Collingwood more. Can't see bailey fitting into the Geelong lifestyle tbh
We need a first possession winner preferably if we were to open up the wallets for a midfielder. With our restricted draft hand, he's not for us.

Have it from very good sources that he genuinely hasn't made up his mind about his future.
Was it her?
Tell Third Eye GIF by Denyse®

(Log in to remove this ad.)

99% done to the cats. The only reason it wont happen is if a trade cant be done between cats and dogs and team turns his head last minute
How do you know this? There are posters on our board who say that close family or family friends (cant remember which one) have said he wants to get to Hawks! Personally, I'd rather we not go after him as I think our midfield is ticking along nicely and I hope Weddle can get a taste in the there and be what Baz will be, but better!

Keep the 1st round pick, get Battle in and unleash Weddle to midfield

Could he stay at the dogs? Still a very exciting list.
His role isn't going to much different at Hawthorn or Geelong. The Hawks have a great mix going with Day, Newcombe, Nash and Worpel, they aren't just going to gift him 80% CBAs. Lots of high forward in his future should he head to Dingley. As for the Cats, Scott tinkers with his midfield group more than anyone, granted that could be because he lacks the cattle to just settle on a core group.

If Baz leaves its because of cash and some BS fresh start narrative (despite Bevo being his biggest supporter).

His role isn't going to much different at Hawthorn or Geelong. The Hawks have a great mix going with Day, Newcombe, Nash and Worpel, they aren't just going to gift him 80% CBAs. Lots of high forward in his future should he head to Dingley. As for the Cats, Scott tinkers with his midfield group more than anyone, granted that could be because he lacks the cattle to just settle on a core group.

If Baz leaves its because of cash and some BS fresh start narrative (despite Bevo being his biggest supporter).
I think the bolded is it in a nutshell.

He's trying to find what works for this year but it can't continue and he needs players.

Yeah not the case

Hasn't made his mind up
I would bet money he has.

Everyone’s just playing dumb, because there’s no need to tell anyone just yet.

I would bet money he has.

Everyone’s just playing dumb, because there’s no need to tell anyone just yet.
100%.

He has been coming to end of his current contract for quite a while now, he has had a lot of time to think about his next move. Not many well establised or big name players are staying with their current club if they haven't signed by August. There is always the odd exception, but few and far between, lets be honest.

Less than three months until the trade period, he will know exactly where he wants to be. He and those close to him will just be playing dumb as you say (aka playing the game). No one wants an unnecessary media circus three months out from trade period.

I actually have no idea where he's going (Hawks, Cats, somewhere else), but you can be sure that he and his management will know. I'd say there is less than 10% chance his mind isn't made up and that's being generous.

I have heard Ablett, Cameron etc say they were really torn and only made up their mind just before trade week. Lol.

Chances are they knew 12-18 months prior they were never re-commiting, and they would of known months before trade week where they wanted to be.

Smith will come out when he's being interviewed in his new colours and say how difficult the decision was, and he wrestled with whether he was going to leave or not right up until the last minute. Some will choose to believe that; and that's fine.

100%.

He has been coming to end of his current contract for quite a while now, he has had a lot of time to think about his next move. Not many well establised or big name players are staying with their current club if they haven't signed by August. There is always the odd exception, but few and far between, lets be honest.

Less than three months until the trade period, he will know exactly where he wants to be. He and those close to him will just be playing dumb as you say (aka playing the game). No one wants an unnecessary media circus three months out from trade period.

I actually have no idea where he's going (Hawks, Cats, somewhere else), but you can be sure that he and his management will know. I'd say there is less than 10% chance his mind isn't made up and that's being generous.

I have heard Ablett, Cameron etc say they were really torn and only made up their mind just before trade week. Lol.

Chances are they knew 12-18 months prior they were never re-commiting, and they would of known months before trade week where they wanted to be.

Smith will come out when he's being interviewed in his new colours and say how difficult the decision was, and he wrestled with whether he was going to leave or not right up until the last minute. Some will choose to believe that; and that's fine.
Buddy too.

He knew where he was going 12 months out.

We will all know in due course, and either club will move on to another target should it not be them.

With Baz I wouldn't be surprised if this was known 12 months in advance, hence the trading for the future 1st for Sanders, knowing that Smith would recoup that 1st round pick in a trade.

Spot on. We traded out first this year for Sanders, to get an extra year into a developing mid, knowing we will get a pick for Baz in this year’s draft. On top of this, we’ve replaced Baz with Richards, an infinitely better player the same age, and drafted Freijah to play the role Richards was in defence.

On the trajectory Dogs are going, that F1 we traded is likely to be 14-18 (for pick 4). Sam power is a magician.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back