Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

It was part of the Jack Bowes trade, so it counts as a top 10 pick.

That would be like a Hawthorn supporter saying Luke Hodge wasn’t the #1 draft pick in 2001, because the original pick was Fremantle’s. So Graham Pollack was the actual #1 pick, as that is who Fremantle drafted with their first pick.

View attachment 2060258

I think his point was geelong have never finished low enough (since we got selwood in 2006) to get top 10 picks as the only 2 times we had top 10 picks was through trades (cockatoo in 2014 and clark in 2022). The closest we have ever come was p10 last year (ended up being osullivan at p11 after a trade).

Geelong are, and have been, the most dominant club in the league for 20 years.
How are you throwing success into the equation to support us?
That’s subjective and to some extent irrelevant unless it predicts the future and that’s what Bailey is prioritising. Bailey seems to want to be the main mid which he won’t be at either dogs or hawks and I believe that it what will decide it. I don’t see that cats are well set at this stage to compete for flags with needing to replace quite a lot of elite talent in next few years but anythings possible.

That’s subjective and to some extent irrelevant unless it predicts the future and that’s what Bailey is prioritising. Bailey seems to want to be the main mid which he won’t be at either dogs or hawks and I believe that it what will decide it. I don’t see that cats are well set at this stage to compete for flags with needing to replace quite a lot of elite talent in next few years but anythings possible.
Almost all of the older guys have dive of a cliff this year. There's highly likely to be 4 players over 30 place highly in the bnf.

The cliff is still there but it's replacing 4 players not 11

Almost all of the older guys have dive of a cliff this year. There's highly likely to be 4 players over 30 place highly in the bnf.

The cliff is still there but it's replacing 4 players not 11
Yeah agree it’s quality more than quantity and you could argue that Neale replaces Hawkins as Hawkins is today not the elite forward over his career. Dangerfield and Cameron the obvious almost irreplaceables.

Yeah agree it’s quality more than quantity and you could argue that Neale replaces Hawkins as Hawkins is today not the elite forward over his career. Dangerfield and Cameron the obvious almost irreplaceables.
Yeah definitely. Cameron and Stewart a couple of years left but Danger and Duncan will be difficult.

Yeah definitely. Cameron and Stewart a couple of years left but Danger and Duncan will be difficult.
Blitz harder than Duncan for mine.

Mitch has been a champ, but another 20-30 games into Humphries and he'll be replaced pretty seamlessly.

There's a like for like there, and we can always switch Bowes back to support too.

We don't have anybody who can do what Blitz can do, and the closest we could get would be SDK if COS can hold the fort down in the backline in a year or two.

In terms of the veterans:

Cameron
Stewart
PFD
Blicavs

They're the 4 that will be difficult to find replacements for, and it's likely going to have to come from trades/FA to be anything resembling seamless.

Everyone else has either been replaced, out of the best 23, or has a like for like developing behind the scenes

Bailey Smith unlikely to be at Geelong next season.

100% out of the doggies, Hawthorn bound right now. Saints will make a last minute pitch, BUT hawks have offered him to be the star man of their midfield. Baz wants to remain in Melbourne, hawks supporter growing up too.

My source says Baz is no chance to land at Geelong. Make of that what you will. Also Barrass will 100% not be at hawthorn next year.

100% out of the doggies, Hawthorn bound right now. Saints will make a last minute pitch, BUT hawks have offered him to be the star man of their midfield. Baz wants to remain in Melbourne, hawks supporter growing up too.

My source says Baz is no chance to land at Geelong. Make of that what you will. Also Barrass will 100% not be at hawthorn next year.
200.gif

I thought you were your own source having “been with him in Europe”.

5 mins ago it was first hand. Then from being with him in Europe. Now it’s from a source.

Yep. Na.

Making a come back are you Tom Browne ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve heard from different places you went to Xavs with him.

And that you went to Europe with him.

That you know all his thoughts and feelings of his career and his mental space…

So you should be easily able to send me a picture (even in just my DM’s if you don’t want to doxx yourself) of you with your good mate Bailey in Europe correct?
I mean, someone who knows these intimate details and is a friend since High School age that still is great mates with him surely wouldn’t lie to everyone on BigFooty right?

Both Barass and Bailey Smith will cost at least one first. There’s no chance he ends up there if they get Barass.

If he leaves, which is looking more likely than not, it’d be 100% Geelong unless Dogs land Barass (which I really hope we don’t)

Both Barass and Bailey Smith will cost at least one first. There’s no chance he ends up there if they get Barass.

If he leaves, which is looking more likely than not, it’d be 100% Geelong unless Dogs land Barass (which I really hope we don’t)
We don’t have a trade ban.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back