Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hard to tell. The way your club is going atm it's quite likely they're finals contenders next season. I don't see a bottom 4 berth though. That hasn't been a thing at your club for nearly a decade. Bailey Smith should be commanding a top 10 pick with the contract geelong is offering and obviously he would have been a value of geelong 2023 last year if he requested a trade back then contract or out of contract.

A 3 way trade with Suns maybe.
Dogs give 32*& Bailey Smith and get 15* and 20*
Geelong give 15* & 35* & F3 and get Bailey & 70*.
Suns give 20* and 70* get 32* & 35* and F3*.
Does anyone actually know what the contract is? And if you do are you calibrating the taking point for the massive amount of cap space all clubs currently have?

Dollars aren't worth what they were

Ok but that's not a great yardstick and doesn't quite match the original comment.

Regardless, this thread was all pretty civil and everyone was pretty aligned to a value until it became real and fear of loss set in. Now everyone is panicking despite nothing really changing
Honestly, the main thing is anything we get for Bailey Smith is a bonus. I weirdly already don't associate him with the club anymore.

He's invisible at the club, hasn't shown up to things like school clinics and has sparingly shown at club organised events for months, he is rarely at training, doesn't attend games and honestly outside of the loss to the Crows last week, we're doing just fine. I don't mean that as a shot at Bailey at all, I'm sure he's a lovely guy and perhaps he's doing what's right for him but I think it's become a bit clear it's Bailey first and team second. It works for some, I wish him well.

Two late firsts are fair ground for pick 7 who’s played like pick 1.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

One of them is not going to be a late first so there goes the argument.

I was told by a reliable ITK source who is on the Hawks board like 2/3 days ago that Smith was heading to Hawks and not Geelong as that was a ruse by Smith’s manager to throw the media off and make them think it was Geelong.

I was also told about a week ago by two Cats ITK people on the Cats board that he’s absolutely heading to Geelong

I was told by different Bulldogs ITK people here that he’s 50/50.

I was told by a Pies fan at the beginning of the year that Lachie Schultz was very much worth a first round pick.

There’s only one certainty in what I wrote and it’s the last one….except that it’s Lachie Schulz has not now or ever been worth a first rounder. Burst out laughing at the time I saw the trade go down and laughed even harder after he shit the bed and sunk Collingwood’s Premiership defence tonight.

I'd like to refer to my previous post back a few pages.
Until i'm hearing it from Bailey himself or his manager...lets wait and see

Smith Hawks. Remember I told you first.

Few more people starting to hear snippets and the same thing.

You’ll never know my actual connection to him, I’ll just throw out the I’m his physio now 🤣🤣 they’ll never find out.

I should start doing ItK and bomba announcements I do it better then tom morris. I wonder where he gets his info for them from sometimes, hmmm

I think people should relax, still a couple of months away with this season to play out, BIGFOOTY fans cannot get you the deal you want.
But the supposed ITK who's closest to what I want to happen is the most believable. All the others are making it up

Smith Hawks. Remember I told you first.

Few more people starting to hear snippets and the same thing.

You’ll never know my actual connection to him, I’ll just throw out the I’m his physio now 🤣🤣 they’ll never find out.

I should start doing ItK and bomba announcements I do it better then tom morris. I wonder where he gets his info for them from sometimes, hmmm

They won’t have the two firsts to get it done if they’re going after Barass

Baz bought a house in Geelong - lies
Baz locked in already to Geelong - lies

People listen to these fake ITKs rather then people who actually know what the go is.

Blind freddy could tell you that Baz likes Melbourne, the lifestyle, his friends, his circle are all in Melbourne. His a hawks supporter, hated the cats growing up. Yet Baz is a lock to go to Geelong because tiktok tells you that. His not uprooting his lifestyle to move to Geelong.

You don't even have to be scientifically proven like me, these are things that are well known and out there. But his a lock to Geelong, hmmm

Brown and gold next year, come to uncle celeb 101 if you want more truth bombs and news about afl and the go

Baz bought a house in Geelong - lies
Baz locked in already to Geelong - lies

People listen to these fake ITKs rather then people who actually know what the go is.

Blind freddy could tell you that Baz likes Melbourne, the lifestyle, his friends, his circle are all in Melbourne. His a hawks supporter, hated the cats growing up. Yet Baz is a lock to go to Geelong because tiktok tells you that. His not uprooting his lifestyle to move to Geelong.

You don't even have to be scientifically proven like me, these are things that are well known and out there. But his a lock to Geelong, hmmm

Brown and gold next year, come to uncle celeb 101 if you want more truth bombs and news about afl and the go
Was that you on SEN just now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They won’t have the two firsts to get it done if they’re going after Barass
I dunno. If I'm the Eagles I'm holding firm.

You might be inclined to say that Barrass isn't a part of the next premiership team and to just trade him out but I think he'd be a steadying force there which would be important to reduce the degrees of freedom in which your game plan can fall apart. I think losing him for a pick actually stalls the rebuild, doesn't speed it up at all. If I'm the Eagles and I had a choice I just wouldn't trade him out.

but he probably will ask for a trade, given he's contracted. The trade value should be notionally in the scale of what they've lost and the Eagles lose a lot there. I wouldn't sign anything without 2x firsts on it.

Compare to Baz - what are the dogs losing? A surplus mid they probably end up playing as a small forward next year.

Do we believe anything a so called ITK account started July 30 is legit?
He has already been giggled about on the Hawks board.

Claims he was actually with B.Smith while he was overseas, even though he could not supply a single photo to prove it.

I dunno. If I'm the Eagles I'm holding firm.

You might be inclined to say that Barrass isn't a part of the next premiership team and to just trade him out but I think he'd be a steadying force there which would be important to reduce the degrees of freedom in which your game plan can fall apart. I think losing him for a pick actually stalls the rebuild, doesn't speed it up at all. If I'm the Eagles and I had a choice I just wouldn't trade him out.

but he probably will ask for a trade, given he's contracted. The trade value should be notionally in the scale of what they've lost and the Eagles lose a lot there. I wouldn't sign anything without 2x firsts on it.

Compare to Baz - what are the dogs losing? A surplus mid they probably end up playing as a small forward next year.

Losing Baz is pretty big tbh. Leaves a giant hole to fill once Libba and Treloar hang up the boots.

Especially after Dunkley took off.

Losing Baz is pretty big tbh. Leaves a giant hole to fill once Libba and Treloar hang up the boots.

I thought that at the start of this year too, but Bont, Richards and Sanders is a pretty good start for the next 4-5 years. We’ll find another 1 or 2 to replace Smith at half forward.

Disagree tbh. It depends how well we draft.

Richards has already replaced Smith in the midfield for the time being, and is arguably a better player. Sanders has all the tools to replace Libba as the extractor. We just need a Treloar replacement which yes Baz could fill in, but those type of players aren’t too difficult to draft.

I thought that at the start of this year too, but Bont, Richards and Sanders is a pretty good start for the next 4-5 years. We’ll find another 1 or 2 to replace Smith at half forward.

Yeah Doggies will be fine for a long time coming.
As long as Bont is playing at the level he is and Richards/Sanders/whoever else Dogs bring in all gel with JUH/Darcy and many of the other young talents they’ll always be there abouts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back