Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair it will be the first year since 2007 we have had no selwood or hawkins. And most of our older 30s (except cameron and stewart who are going strong) are very close to the end.
We will go well long term as we have a good crop of talent under 24 and we have good coaches. But our 24-28yo age bracket isnt great (which is where bailey would help) so its easy to see why we would dip next year and why we wouldnt trade a future 1st.
You've got one of the best home ground advantages in the league (although not as good this year). It means as long as you don't have an absolutely gutted list you wont drop below about 10th. Factoring in FA compo, Father Sons and NGA draftees it means it won't be a top 10 pick.

You've got one of the best home ground advantages in the league (although not as good this year). It means as long as you don't have an absolutely gutted list you wont drop below about 10th. Factoring in FA compo, Father Sons and NGA draftees it means it won't be a top 10 pick.

Our record at home really hasnt been that good this year. I wouldnt be relying on that at all. Now that we are being drawn better opponents at home than in previous years it changes things.

You have to love the people over in Geelong pages who are adamant Baz is going to them.

“He bought a property, was seen buying a property.” Our insiders on our page reported this, we believe them. The same people who told you Hopper is a lock to join Geelong, and then he didn’t, that told you Devon Smith was a lock to Geelong, hmmm.

-

You want to keep listening to these frauds or listen to someone who knows the game. Who parties with many footballers present and past. Who they get life advice off.

Geelong fans also think they are getting some mystery mid GWS player. The only GWS player a chance to go there is Kidney Stones (there’s your hint, p.s his not even a midfielder). The second player you maybe get is when smash your windscreen who do you call (on a 2 year deal this guy), and that’s the only hint I’m giving you.

My account and left hand are on the line for you all here who think I’m doing this for a troll cast act. Your club don’t want Clarry either, so quit talking about him. Enjoy the finals 💋

Geelong pulled out when Richmond offered Hopper way overs (Cats don’t give anyone more than 5 years)
Everyone with a brain knows they don’t overpay and don’t offer big contracts to guys who aren’t genuine superstars.
Guys have been playing for way unders since the Bartel, Ablett, Chapman, Stevie J days
but sure, revisionist history works too lol

“Mystery mid” is a running joke in the Cats sub and has been for years, it’s a joke bro.
This is why people need to stop talking out their ass.

It would be poor form to announce while both the clubs are playing finals.

I was ropeable when Jez told GWS and they immediately held a press conference and started making trade demands publicly when Geelong was in a grand final later that week. Players don't need that distraction
Why? Everyone knows it's going to happen. It doesn't affect NRL, NFL or EPL players. I've never heard a more limp excuse that a player leaving would affect the team. We need to be more professional than that.
In Baz's case he isn't playing again this year anyway so it hardly matters. I can possibly understand if the player was still playing in a finals team but in Baz's case it doesn't matter.

Why did the league change our home ground advantage this year?

I can see what Geelong are thinking targeting Smith.

Bruhn, Bowes and Smith as a combo would be right up there with the days of Voss, Black, Aker.

Community note added for Geelong posters:
Mad Max Reaction GIF

I wouldn't rule it out. We are worse at Kardinia park than the mcg and likely retiring more games experience than North 2016

“We lost a few games at home for the first time this century so what home ground advantage?” lolllll
Our game style has genuinely not suited the ground in the last 3 years. Once we moved away from prioritising defence and minimising turnover we stopped leveraging the grounds dimensions and started getting held back by them.

Ive said this before but dunkley was traded for picks 21 and 23 (and theres no way geelongs future 1st will be 21 its every chance of being top 10) with small later pick swaps. In this context pick 17ish and an early 30s for a player coming off an acl (with maybe some minor later picks added in) is absolutely reasonable. Im sure the dogs wont like it (and fair enough) but its a fair price.

Not a chance in hell dogs accept 17 & 30 for Bailey Smith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong pulled out when Richmond offered Hopper way overs (Cats don’t give anyone more than 5 years)
Everyone with a brain knows they don’t overpay and don’t offer big contracts to guys who aren’t genuine superstars.
Guys have been playing for way unders since the Bartel, Ablett, Chapman, Stevie J days
but sure, revisionist history works too lol

“Mystery mid” is a running joke in the Cats sub and has been for years, it’s a joke bro.
This is why people need to stop talking out their ass.
I love how Old Mate went to all the trouble of scrolling the Geelong board for Gotchas…. and the only thing he ended up with was a joke that they didn’t get…

I'd say if Bailey elects Cats it's gonna go back and forth and end up on 2024 1st (as Doggies don't have a 1st in this draft) and two future 2nd rounders (with high likelihood Cats start push towards rebuild/retool)

Cats won't want to trade future firsts (as they continue to influx of youth) and Dogs will ask for it (totally within rights to)

Back and forth with lots of bluster until they meet in the middle by the last day as it "beats the trade deadline"
AFL need a "story" this off season as last one was boring (they tried to pump up Sav trade as a big move LOL) and had basically no big moves to go on.

They'll be banging on about Barrass and Smith to try and squeeze anything they can out of it.
AFL is a business, they want maximum news and generating talk about the game when nothing is happening.

I'd say if Bailey elects Cats it's gonna go back and forth and end up on 2024 1st (as Doggies don't have a 1st in this draft) and two future 2nd rounders (with high likelihood Cats start push towards rebuild/retool)

Cats won't want to trade future firsts (as they continue to influx of youth) and Dogs will ask for it (totally within rights to)

Back and forth with lots of bluster until they meet in the middle by the last day as it "beats the trade deadline"
AFL need a "story" this off season as last one was boring (they tried to pump up Sav trade as a big move LOL) and had basically no big moves to go on.

They'll be banging on about Barrass and Smith to try and squeeze anything they can out of it.
AFL is a business, they want maximum news and generating talk about the game when nothing is happening.
Who are you trading out to get a future second?

I can see us accepting two seconds and a first after a trade period of negotiations.

I actually forgot Bailey Smith existed until I saw this thread

Who are you trading out to get a future second?

Well since i'm not a list manager i would say nobody since i wouldn't pretend to be an "ITK" like some on this thread?....But i'll leave that up to the professional list managers since they actually know the ins and outs but i'm assuming they'll have to get creative.

Dogs are well within their rights to aim/ask high, don't blame them at all.

I'm kind of curious- given Geelongs current list and the depth across the ground I would have thought giving up three picks for one player would be seen as a massive gamble?

I can see the Hawks getting away with it given their youth in all stocks and their success with their youth- is geelong in the same position list wise?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back