Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

You ok?

Post was reasonable and fair

But you had to have a whinge

Just be happy you will be getting smith

Post is fair but its a troll account hence the humour.

I’m curious to see what Sam Power has up his sleeve. I suspect he knew Baz was leaving and that’s why we went for Sanders.

I wonder how Geelong can satisfy the Bulldogs as their first is going to be 14+. I doubt they will want to pay what hes worth and put in their f1 as well.

Maybe we ask for a bunch of 2026 future picks for our father sons coming? Instead of a first this year.

Cooney, West, Lake and Darcy kids will all be at least top 20, so we’re going to need an arsenal of draft picks to get those done. The rules have changed this year so you can trade picks up to four years in advance right?

It will be our current first plus other picks (probably our future 2nd definitely not our future 1st).

How do you know that?

List manager's cousin?

Its just obvious the deal is unlikely to involve player swaps and theres nothing else that could be involved.

He may very well have chosen the Cats anyway but sounds like Hawthorn did cool on him a little which whatever way you look at it would have made the decision easier.

Pretty much what has been said in here for months, Geelong need him more.

Celebrity 101 has a new challenger.
resize

Good night sweet prince.

Nothing else...you know that for sure?

Has the club informed you that there's no F1 involved?

Were you living under a rock for the ollie henry trade or did you miss the memo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith was priority number one for Hawthorn in January of this year, but by late July, he had become priority number three and the Hawks had no draft capital to orchestrate a trade. His manager was informed of this July 26th.
He is a brilliant player and a fine young man, will be a huge asset to the Cats. But with the emergence of a stellar Hawthorn midfield, his access to a starting midfield position at Hawthorn was certainly denied, and the Hawks first pick in the 2024 draft is heading west.
can't fit them all in, so it's really a win-win-win for the Cats, Dogs and Hawks.
How is it a win for the Dogs? Geelong have little to offer.

Were you living under a rock for the ollie henry trade or did you miss the memo?
Hey, I'm not a list manager - you are!

Also - and I hope you're sitting down, beacause you might find this a little hard to believe - I'm not a Cats supporter, nor do I follow their trade activity.

Hey, I'm not a list manager - you are!

Also - and I hope you're sitting down, beacause you might find this a little hard to believe - I'm not a Cats supporter, nor do I follow their trade activity.

I dont either.
But the ollie henry trade is a pretty obvious pointer as to whats going to happen here.

No hard feelings mate, but Ratugolea is dogshit
None taken, but pick any trade start point and you'll see that's not where it lands.

We asked for pick 8 for Jordan Clark and got pick 21 and even then had to throw a pick back.

If the Dogs are asking for two firsts then they likely do not expect to get that

Could this be the player to eventually gets to the PSD ;)
If you're looking to build good culture, probably not a player you'd want around a young list.

He needs some old heads to guide him, Geelong is a good fit.

If you're looking to build good culture, probably not a player you'd want around a young list.

He needs some old heads to guide him, Geelong is a good fit.

I agree that the Cats culture would probably be better for him (in terms of off-field, etc).
However, I think he would much rather be part of the culture brewing over at Hawthorn.

It will be interesting to see who he nominates. As others have said, it seems we have really cooled on him as our focus has moved to a key defender given our midfield seems to have massively developed this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back