Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

The trade was 13, 15, 20, F4 for Cameron F2 Cats, F2 Essendon.

It's essentially 13 & 15 for cameron then splitting a late first and a 4th round for 2 2nd rounders.

In that scenario the trade with current picks would be like 16, F1, 36, F4 for 44 & F3 from the dogs.

I actually don't mind that.
Butā€¦. Bailey isnā€™t Jezza.

Just showing the difference of a trade you claim is more than Jezzas.

16, F1, 54 for Smith 70 & F4 is not more than the Jezza trade.
So 16 and letā€™s say 18 plus 54 is like 2360 points with about 50 points coming back.
Total 2310 points for Bailey.
Cameron cost was 13-15-20 is 3230 points with 24 + 27 coming back 1490 points.
Total 1740 points for Jezza.
So you want more than what Jezza was worth by about 570 points.
Which equates A pick 32?
Yeah Nah. I think my claim is spot on.
Cheers šŸ»

So 16 and letā€™s say 18 plus 54 is like 2360 points with about 50 points coming back.
Which equates A pick 32?
Cheers šŸ»

Dude, please donā€™t play the points game.

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

Dude, please donā€™t play the points game.

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU
Dudeā€¦ Iā€™ll do as I please.
If some people canā€™t understand worth then simple numbers might actually turn the light switch on so they can come outta the dark.
If u canā€™t understand it I canā€™t help you.
Cheersā€¦ Dudeā€¦.

Dudeā€¦ Iā€™ll do as I please.
If some people canā€™t understand worth then simple numbers might actually turn the light switch on so they can come outta the dark.
If u canā€™t understand it I canā€™t help you.
Cheersā€¦ Dudeā€¦.

Haha Jesus, what a grim reply. Thank god most of your fans are more switched on.

If you had 4-5 picks in the 40s, that would also total the value of the Cameron deal.

Thatā€™s how idiotic using that logic is.

But hey, if you must proceed, itā€™s a good laugh I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha Jesus, what a grim reply. Thank god most of your fans are more switched on.

If you had 4-5 picks in the 40s, that would also total the value of the Cameron deal.

Thatā€™s how idiotic using that logic is.

But hey, if you must proceed, itā€™s a good laugh I suppose.
Not grim at all.
Iā€™m just glad the penny finally dropped 4u.
Now that u understand that youā€™re asking more than JC cost us I can rest easy.
Cheers šŸ»

I see on the Dogs board that they are suggesting PSD.

So to go full circle may I suggest Bailey refuses to do medicals with anyone other than Geelong.

Would you pick him up on $800k per year for 5 years or whatever without having done a medical on a guy that has done their ACL?
Guaranteed Richmond & North will

Which equates A pick 32?
Cheers šŸ»
First off Essendon finished 8th so their pick before bids was 29 and Cats finished 3rd being 34.

The points back was 1195 not 1490. Camerons total points was 3265. That's 2070 pts equivalent to pick 4

16 + 18 + 54 with 70 & F4 (currently 66) is 2272 with 119 points coming back. 2,153 still pick 4 closer to pick 3. Pick 3 if it was 16 + 16 which is what it'll currently stand as.

Correct it's more in points. However you try to argue 20 & 71 to 56 is worth more.

I would (be surprised). Youā€™re talking about the man who let a trade go down to the wire for Rattagolea to secure what was then pick 94

What's the issue with that? If it's just Pick 94, literally one of the last picks of the draft, why did Port hesitate in handing it over?

It'd be like turning your nose up on a new car because the dealer wants $39,996 and you only want to pay $39,995.

The usual threats of "Send him to the Pre-Season Draft!" are in full swing.

That's absolutely cultural poison for a club. It upsets players, player managers, the players association, players who would otherwise have thought about coming to your club etc etc.

It's not a "line in the sand" moment, it just tells the entire competition, plus future recruits, that you're going to be a hard place to work in or work with.

If he was contracted and requesting a trade, sure, play hardball. But he's uncontracted - you get the best deal you can and focus on the blokes who want to be there and on making your club a place players want to be.

Last edited:
normally I would agree, but the club already got dudded by Brisbane and I dont think they let it happen again. Just makes the whole club a target for clubs who are prepared to play hardball

For a speculative pick around 20 in the draft I'd be happy enough for the chaos option. It' up to Geelong to find a fair deal not just turn their pockets inside out and go, this is all we have sorry

I also dont remotely believe that Geelong are going to expect to trade him in for pick 18-20. They'll work out something better

Iā€™m probably in the minority on our board, but I believe Geelong should trade our future R1 for Smith. Would rather keep our picks for this yearā€™s draft (which is supposedly deeper/better), whilst Dogs very likely to end up with a better pick which is a better reflection of his value. Unfortunately clubs rarely get full value for OOC players (especially those coming off an ACL and a couple of subpar/injury interrupted seasons) and Dogs will be no different with Smith.

Butā€¦. Bailey isnā€™t Jezza.

The audacity to firstly compare him to prime Tim Kelly who was an unquestionable AA talent and ran close to winning a Brownlow....to then again compare Bailey to another All Australian talent in Jeremy freaking Cameron?!?
Jez is unquestionably top 10 in the entire League when he's fit and firing.

Has Bailey ever been that? Sure he might be down the line if he can get his head together and string together consistent footy. But footy is a "what have you done for me right now?" game. This is just silliness at this point.
Who's he going to be compared to next in here? Prime Gary freaking Ablett Jr?

Reading some of these comparisons makes me wonder if these people actually watched Bailey play footy LOL

Monday Night Raw Reaction GIF by WWE

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back