Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, I reckon it will be the Cats that he picks.

I then think the Cats will package some picks, and perhaps players to move up to a team needing draft points, in order to get a pick that will satisfy the Dogs range.

Cats will then forward that pick to the Dogs, with a pick swap or two somewhere as change.

I doubt it will be complicated and prolonged as some may think.

Nobody else is chasing him

there's a whole crapload of mids of varying age profiles and accomplishments over the last few seasons. Cerra, kelly, Bruhn., Hopper, taranto, Dunkley and god knows who else I've forgotten.
Put SMith wherever you liek in that list and if you'e being realistic he's clearly not being traded for only pick 20. He's also not going to bring us in some mega bounty either. Neither fanbase are going to be realistic in these conversations
Cerra - 6 + F3
Kelly - 14 + 24 + 33 + F1
Bruhn - 18
Hopper - F1 + 31 for 53 + 66
Taranto - 12 + 19
Dunkley - 21 + F1 + F1

There is zero universe where Bailey Smith is worth less than Tanner Bruhn. Somewhere between the Taranto & Hopper deals makes the most sense.

F1 + Cats 2024 2nd seems the most logical and fair for me.

I see on the Dogs board that they are suggesting PSD.

So to go full circle may I suggest Bailey refuses to do medicals with anyone other than Geelong.

Would you pick him up on $800k per year for 5 years or whatever without having done a medical on a guy that has done their ACL?
If Geelong are, anyone else would be.

Just pay what he's worth.

Also, there's 8 other teams he can go to in Vic if Geelong won't pay up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra - 6 + F3
Bruhn - 18
Taranto - 12 + 19
Dunkley - 21 + F1 + F1

There is zero universe where Bailey Smith is worth less than Tanner Bruhn. Somewhere between the Taranto & Hopper deals makes the most sense.

holy jeezus - did dunkley really go for those picks!!?? that is wild

smith is definitely on Taranto's level, in fact, the way the game is being played today, i know who i would prefer....bulldogs were desperate for some outside run and carry vs the hawks...anything less than two first rounders is an absolute steal

smith is definitely on Taranto's level, in fact, the way the game is being played today, i know who i would prefer....bulldogs were desperate for some outside run and carry vs the hawks...anything less than two first rounders is an absolute steal
Yep, the Dogs have been shafted in trades.

The second F1 was meant to be a F2.

The Dunkley deal was horrible for the Dogs. It essentially ended up being pick 21 & 23 for our best and fairest winner with 8 years of elite football left.

This, every single year it's trotted out as like some kind of "GOTCHA" but List managers are not BigFooty campaigners.

They actually have a career on the line and it involves as you said appeasing players, player managers, the players association, players who would otherwise have thought about coming to your club etc etc.

You just have to deal with it, every club has and will continue to do so unless the rules or contracts change. Bailey is OOC, so he's just the latest bloke for it to happen to.
Cats picked up Henry and Bruhn like this, they lost Tim Kelly and Jordan Clark like this. Ebbs and flows, swings and roundabouts. Just have to get what you can and move on.

My only issue/concern with how the Ratugolea deal played out was that I hope we were promising and continually reassuring him that no matter how late it happened, no matter what the media was reporting, he was 100% going to be at Port in 2024. From the human side of things, amidst the dick measuring competitions that break out between supporters at this time of thecyear, it would be a pretty ordinary process if the player isn't any better informed than we are.

Cerra - 6 + F3
Bruhn - 18
Taranto - 12 + 19
Dunkley - 21 + F1 + F1

I agree that he has to worth more than Bruhn and by your logic I think a top 10 pick would probably be fair for both clubs

If they can't manufacture that, then yeah - F1 + this years 2nd is more than fair.

Yeah we definitely should’ve played him inside the centre over at the time All Australian calibre players in Bont, Libba, Macrae and Treloar. You’re right.
Good to see a reasonable supporter on here!

I agree that he has to worth more than Bruhn and by your logic I think a top 10 pick would probably be fair for both clubs

If they can't manufacture that, then yeah - F1 + this years 2nd is more than fair.

Good to see a reasonable supporter on here!
There first this year will be in the 20s hence why this years "1st" + next years is what it should be still unders as they'll be highly unlikely to drop significantly

There first this year will be in the 20s hence why this years "1st" + next years is what it should be still unders as they'll be highly unlikely to drop significantly
Yeah exactly right - I agree with you

He is a blue chip player, yes he is coming off of an ACL but it's not as if he is recovering from it now - from what I understand he is fit to play at present or close to. You could see a players value hurt by an ACL substantially if the incoming club had to rehab him and he were older, but not for a player who is going to be ready to complete a full pre-season and is still in his early 20's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back