Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, but he did do one did he not? Can't give a run down of his qualities and not mention a significant injury.

It would be very different if the ACL had happened in the last six weeks. Clubs will get to scan him, test him, poke prod and challenge his knee before committing to anything.

They'll know the player they are buying, it's not going to be an issue.

I wouldn’t rule them out if they’re willing to pay what he’s worth and Geelong aren’t.

Melbourne have swooped on a player moving after the initial club didn't want to cough up the higher trade price before, but they also threw huge money at Mitch Clark to achieve that.

I wouldn’t rule them out if they’re willing to pay what he’s worth and Geelong aren’t.
Melbourne are in a funny position because they're either all in for a flag or needing to reset. I don't see them trading pick 5 but there is a world where it could happen.

"Pre-season draft"
"Trade him to the highest bidder"

Yep, this thread is gonna be an absolute ripper. :thumbsu:
Stop pretending you're above it all.

It's not unfair for the dogs to want 2 late first rounders which are basically second rounders in the 20s when Geelong inevitably make top 4 again next year, for a pick 7 entering his prime. It's disingenuous to say its unfair they are two first rounders.

to court Smith for 18 months then have the hide to call the dogs and say they weren't and then offer trash in the 20s is horseshit.

Geelong supporters can act like you don't need him and he's not good enough, but the second that trade goes through he'll be the best thing since sliced bread and you can't believe you got such a bargain.

What have Geelong offered? Quotes from Mackie/Wells?

You’re not wrong. There’s been nothing from Geelong. He hasn’t even nominated them yet.

It’s very likely they’re happy to pay the two firsts, and the negotiations involve whether it’s a f3 or current third sent back with Baz.

Stop pretending you're above it all.

It's not unfair for the dogs to want 2 late first rounders which are basically second rounders in the 20s when Geelong inevitably make top 4 again next year, for a pick 7 entering his prime. It's disingenuous to say its unfair they are two first rounders.

to court Smith for 18 months then have the hide to call the dogs and say they weren't and then offer trash in the 20s is horseshit.

Geelong supporters can act like you don't need him and he's not good enough, but the second that trade goes through he'll be the best thing since sliced bread and you can't believe you got such a bargain.
Pretty sure the majority is your board saying we don’t need him and he’s not that good, can’t kick etc. I think Geelong fans in the main could take it or leave it, similar to OHenry, Smith is a want not a need and we will walk away if the price is too high, we’ve got nothing to lose here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that would be taking the pi55, given a season pass could be got for the price of two day passes, but I think it’s a good starting point.

Once again Mackie negotiating in bad faith. Tut tut.

It doesn't matter what Melbourne or the Bulldogs wants. Its what Bailey wants and he wants to go to the Cats.
It kinda matters what the Bulldogs want. He's currently their player.

Last edited:
Examples?

Mind manipulating Port in taking Esava.

You will pay a 2nd rounder for Esava.

One of the top 5 draft prospects had done an ACL. Do people really believe that it significantly impacts trade value these days?
I am not sure on draft status, but I believe some draftees have dropped due to the fact they had knee injuries. Kemp and Lever are two that I can think of, a few years ago now.

I am also unsure if other people believe whether an ACL injury impacts trade value. I imagine there would be some that do and some that don't. Probably depends on which side of the trade they are sitting.

Mind manipulating Port in taking Esava.

You will pay a 2nd rounder for Esava.
Esava trade was reasonable, the shits and giggles were the haggling over p63 and everyone losing their minds as to why Mackie was standing his ground over a late pick. Geelong fans laughing at how good Lawson Humphries has been as a result. Given it’s the BS thread I’d go as far as to say I’d take a 21yo LH over 23yo BS if I had to choose.

"Pre-season draft"
"Trade him to the highest bidder"

Yep, this thread is gonna be an absolute ripper. :thumbsu:
Lachlan Veale to Richmond confirmed...

Is it weird to say the ACL shouldn't really matter when discussing his value?

If your club chases him and offers a reported 5-6 year deal on big money (as in will likely be the highest paid mid at your club once he signs), then obviously you don't believe the knee is an issue and his health has been ticked off. If you offer him big contract for a lot of years, it's sort of hard to turn around and then say ahh yeah the trade value isn't good though because his knee is stuffed. Why are you investing heavily in him then?

Pretty trash trading with Henry and demanding a first rounder for a fringe player like Ratagulea and taking it down to the wire for picks right at the end of the draft.

Maybe you have different opinions on good trading g that will make clubs want to deal with Geelong. Old administration was fine, this one not so much

Trash trading in that Collingwood got a Brownlow medallist for a guy they sat in the VFL for half a year and replaced with their mid season pickup? The same one where Geelong gave up their own first round pick player in Stephens?
That trade? Haha are you sure that's the example you want to go with?

Port wanted Rats, offered him huge 5 year, 700k+ deal but didn't want to give more than a third rounder?
I agree he's not worth a first round pick...but not even a 2nd rounder? They wanted to give hm a huge deal but didn't want to give up anything of value at all. Like late 3rd round pick for a guy you want to pay huge money to bring in.

I just think it's way overblown by Reddit, BigFooty people who aren't ITK because they have Tall Poppy Syndrome
List Managers run it like a business, that's why they don't get salty.

Trash trading in that Collingwood got a Brownlow medallist for a guy they sat in the VFL for half a year and replaced with their mid season pickup? The same one where Geelong gave up their own first round pick player in Stephens?
That trade? Haha are you sure that's the example you want to go with?

Port wanted Rats, offered him huge 5 year, 700k+ deal but didn't want to give more than a third rounder?
I agree he's not worth a first round pick...but not even a 2nd rounder? They wanted to give hm a huge deal but didn't want to give up anything of value at all. Like late 3rd round pick for a guy you want to pay huge money to bring in.

I just think it's way overblown by Reddit, BigFooty people who aren't ITK because they have Tall Poppy Syndrome
List Managers run it like a business, that's why they don't get salty.
Sounds like your mob right now. Except Smith is a far superior player

If the shoe fits

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back