Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

My post had nothing to do with him not being selected, more so dogs needs KPD and Cats needing mids..

Dogs have KPD? Busslinger is sitting in the reserves right now lol

If anything they need a genuine small forward who plays like a small forward (Weightman plays more like a third tall even at his stature)
Or another genuine mid as Bont, Treloar, Libba aren’t getting younger and about to lose Smith and Macrae

And on top of all of it….
Smith is Out of Contract, SDK isn’t available.
Not even remotely considered.

Dogs KPD are Lobb 32 & Liam Jones 34.. Would a straight swap with Sam DK be about fair for both.. We never see straight player for player trades, but this would fix the needs for both clubs.

Our young KPD depth is actually very strong with Buss, JOD and Croft. Can’t ask for much better than that. SDK is the last type of player we need, and there’s no way he’d leave anyway.

The reason DK isn’t playing is because he is coming off of knee surgery, hasn’t played AFL level footy since Round 21.
It’s nothing to do with form or being out of favour or anything like that. Cats are very risk averse when it comes to players and Finals. Holmes missed 2022 GF even when he passed all fitness tests.

I thought Edmund put it to bed the other day? There were overzealous Carlton supporters frothing at getting him thinking he wasn’t in the side due to form not realising he has been out injured and Edmund said on Whateley’s show that it’s complete rubbish and that both Sam and Geelong are happy. He lives in Torquay with his siblings and loves to surf. He’s not moving away from that.

siblings you say? maybe tommy dont want to travel all the way into melbourne for training also.

Rory Lobb wasn't even a defender till the second half of the year, and Jones is decent but hardly Harris Andrews.

Agree, Harris Andrew’s is better than Jones. Lobb was the highest rated key defender since mid year when he moved to defence, and one of our only players that played well against Hawks, he’s very good. I’m sure Cats fans can attest to that when he put Jezza in his pocket.

Agree, Harris Andrew’s is better than Jones. Lobb was the highest rated key defender since mid year when he moved to defence, and one of our only players that played well against Hawks, he’s very good. I’m sure Cats fans can attest to that when he put Jezza in his pocket.
Agree that Lobb's a good player. Almost the perfect second ruckman.

As a Dogs supporter I'd want what Smith is worth which is pretty much exactly what we paid for him in the draft which was a top 10 pick... but I've been around enough to know that you never get what a player is worth in a trade when they want to move so I'd say we will be lucky to get a top 20 pick. What's so frustrating for Dogs supporters is Smith is exactly the type of player we will be targeting moving forward ie. the player we are screaming out for is actually still on our list. He has done a real number on us...

As a Dogs supporter I'd want what Smith is worth which is pretty much exactly what we paid for him in the draft which was a top 10 pick... but I've been around enough to know that you never get what a player is worth in a trade when they want to move so I'd say we will be lucky to get a top 20 pick. What's so frustrating for Dogs supporters is Smith is exactly the type of player we will be targeting moving forward ie. the player we are screaming out for is actually still on our list. He has done a real number on us...
It's tough to accept, but the variance between the potential best and worst of Smith's future career here is huge. It's not like he's, say, Caleb Serong, when you know that at the very least you are going to get 10 years of a very, very good player, at absolute worst.

It's tough to accept, but the variance between the potential best and worst of Smith's future career here is huge. It's not like he's, say, Caleb Serong, when you know that at the very least you are going to get 10 years of a very, very good player, at absolute worst.
Yea true.
Here's a question to ponder: Who would you rather take if you had the option right now - Ryley Sanders or Bailey Smith?
Both were taken at pretty much the same pick in the draft (6 and 7 respectively).

Yea true.
Here's a question to ponder: Who would you rather take if you had the option right now - Ryley Sanders or Bailey Smith?
Both were taken at pretty much the same pick in the draft (6 and 7 respectively).
personally I'm taking Smith, Sanders may well end up an even better player but right now Smith has the runs on the board (especially in finals) and the Cats are probably in a premiership window still. I'd take Sanders if I was a team like Hawthorn or Freo, ie on the cusp of a window

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea true.

Off field? Sanders without a doubt, he’s a professional and Smith is a petty teenager (see his “you don’t know the whole story” post on Insta).

On field for next year only? Smith.

On field for the rest of their careers? Who the fk knows honestly sanders is in his AFL infancy.

Off field? Sanders without a doubt, he’s a professional and Smith is a petty teenager (see his “you don’t know the whole story” post on Insta).

On field for next year only? Smith.

On field for the rest of their careers? Who the fk knows honestly sanders is in his AFL infancy.
I am a massive fan of sanders since his draft year. I would take Sanders but it's a moot point as Sanders isn't the one available

Our young KPD depth is actually very strong with Buss, JOD and Croft. Can’t ask for much better than that. SDK is the last type of player we need, and there’s no way he’d leave anyway.
So deep that Bevo had to throw a Hail Mary putting Lobb back because he didn’t trust those in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back