Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the dogs will attempt to get 2 first round picks but will settle for pick 15 and 35 on the last day.
Cats need Bailey more than Dogs needs picks, dogs should demand 2 first and if not let him walk, time to make a stand. Why gift him to Geelong so they can rebuild faster?

They chased him hard for 18 months, the onus is on them to make sure they have the capital to get it done, not promise the world without being able to pay...

I've never said I represent the position of the club, if you thought that you've misinterpreted it.

But you are suggesting that saying the proposition i've put forward is unreasonable. I dont think it is (and i dont think most reasonable people would think it is) because you have to consider the context of the alternative.
Now yes geelong could offer the future 1st in the same way that north melbourne could win the flag next year, but both of those things are about as likely as each other (ie very unlikely). So it's a fairly obvious and reasonable permission.
No, I'm saying that you're presenting your opinion as fact - "we won't be doing that".

How about, " we probably won't do that"? Clear opinion statement.

Is that not more "reasonable"?

No, I'm saying that you're presenting your opinion as fact - "we won't be doing that".

How about, " we probably won't do that"? Clear opinion statement.

Is that not more "reasonable"?

Id swap probably for likely but sure if that makes you happy go for it.

Cats need Bailey more than Dogs needs picks, dogs should demand 2 first and if not let him walk, time to make a stand. Why gift him to Geelong so they can rebuild faster?

They chased him hard for 18 months, the onus is on them to make sure they have the capital to get it done, not promise the world without being able to pay...

Ok

How do you feel about two firsts for a contracted Tom Barrass?

Bailey is out of contract, Barrass isn’t.

Bet your tune changes.
What’s that? It’s somehow different?

“They chased him hard for 18 months, the onus is on them to make sure they have the capital to get it done, not promise the world without being able to pay...”

Ok

Bet your tune changes.

“They chased him hard for 18 months, the onus is on them to make sure they have the capital to get it done, not promise the world without being able to pay...”
What's that? Cats entitlement?

Ok

Bet your tune changes.

What TB got to do with this? It's about Bailey not TB.

Plus Hawks don't need TB as much as Cats need Bailey. We got battle and Frost, if we had Frost against Port we probably win.

Our defence doesn't rely on a key 1v1 defender, whilst it's great to have, we have Frost did the job fine in 2024... and he was behind Blanck on the pecking order

Last edited:
Ok

Bet your tune changes.

One is a 24 year old, who given Bailey's fitness and work ethic, could easily play another nine to ten years. Barrass is a 29 year old, who if he gets to Hawthorn will be lucky to play four years with that degenerative back.

One is a 24 year old, who given Bailey's fitness and work ethic, could easily play another nine to ten years. Barrass is a 29 year old, who if he gets to Hawthorn will be lucky to play four years with that degenerative back.
Are you a doctor, or privy to Barrass' medical records?

Are you a doctor, or privy to Barrass' medical records?
How many 29 year old's with a broken back are playing beyond the age of 33 at the highest level. In his own words:

"It was a compression fracture to my T8 (vertebrae) and I’ve wedged about five of my other vertebrae a bit shorter. It’s just something I’m going to have to manage forever".

How many 29 year old's with a broken back are playing beyond the age of 33 at the highest level. In his own words:

"It was a compression fracture to my T8 (vertebrae) and I’ve wedged about five of my other vertebrae a bit shorter. It’s just something I’m going to have to manage forever".
Could've just said no.

Ok

Bet your tune changes.

Bailey being out of contract means absolutely nothing in this scenario. Neither does the ACL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey being out of contract means absolutely nothing in this scenario. Neither does the ACL.
I'm warming to the idea of a straight swap of Holmes for Baz.

Dogs need to boost their ageing midfield and with Smith going Max is the perfect replacement.

The Cats would have won last night if it wasn't for Holmes doing a hammy. He was easily their best player and when he went off was when the Lions got back on top. I don't think they will drop down much next year they always find very good players with low draft picks. Seeing how good Humphries is makes me sick that he got through to pick 63 last year.;)

Lions would have won by 4 more goals if their ruckman hadnt dislocated his shoulder twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back