Baker charged with 'unduly rough play'

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Saints hitman caught in the act

That's the heading on the back page of The West Australian this morning.

Article says a lomg-serving Fremantle trainer will appear before the AFL tribunal today. He has told investigators he saw Baker hit poor Jeffrey. Interesting!

The trainer has been 'ordered' to attend todays' tribunal.

Pretty credible using a Freo trainer to give evidence :thumbsdown:

News just in- 3 pissed Freo supporters sitting in the outer called to give evidence against Baker...

Why doesn't Baker just say he thought he heard Farmer say something nasty about his wife, gf, son, father, mother, cat, dog, etc...he'll then get off scot free ;)

sound like hearsay to me,

tragedy if he cops anything without video evidence

If that is what you call a tragedy i would hate to see how you describe Hurricane Katrina.

I find it incredible we don't listen to players evidence - but we accept the word of a trainer?

Fair dinkum. :rolleyes:

If he's got something to say, then why not. He'll report what he saw, and then it's up to the tribunal to work it out from there. Doesn't mean that his word is gospel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are basically going to take the word of Michael Voss and the Fremantle doctor and that is it.

Would seem totally wishy-washy and he will get off because of the vagueness surrounding it.

So tough shit Weagles fans..Baker will be free to tear Kerr a new one.

WOW! YOU KNOW ALREADY!

Your smrt

If he's got something to say, then why not. He'll report what he saw, and then it's up to the tribunal to work it out from there. Doesn't mean that his word is gospel.

Mate, by the look of it we've all got something to say on it.

Calling a bloke from the oppostiion who may/may not have seen the evidence is hardly the basis for a fair hearing.

The fact the Dockers are the biggest bleating little biatches in the league kind of leads you to the conclusion that they will absolutely stitch him up.

I think we chould repay them by calling up one of our trainers to complain about Carr punching crew in the kidneys all day.

Mate, by the look of it we've all got something to say on it.

Calling a bloke from the oppostiion who may/may not have seen the evidence is hardly the basis for a fair hearing.

The fact the Dockers are the biggest bleating little biatches in the league kind of leads you to the conclusion that they will absolutely stitch him up.
Actually it was a Dockers trainer (?) that gave evidence when Sandilands broke his jaw by running into Seaby last year that got Seaby off. There was no video for that case either. (Have no idea why I am defending anything Freo.:eek:)
I think we chould repay them by calling up one of our trainers to complain about Carr punching crew in the kidneys all day.
Geez you're a bit behind the times aren't you? The Carrs are exempt from any punishment when it comes to hitting people off the ball. I know that because they do it every game and nothing is ever done about it.:thumbsdown:

Geez you're a bit behind the times aren't you? The Carrs are exempt from any punishment when it comes to hitting people off the ball. I know that because they do it every game and nothing is ever done about it.:thumbsdown:

Correct.

My point being that if Baker has done something wrong, then he deserves to cop it sweet. The way the "investigation" is proceeding, it hardly looks like he'll get a balanced hearing.

Why doesn't Baker just say he thought he heard Farmer say something nasty about his wife, gf, son, father, mother, cat, dog, etc...he'll then get off scot free ;)

haha, honestly if he goes for it he should, afl must follow precident

however he really cant go based on some dodgy freo trainer..surely the afl isnt that stupid?

sound like hearsay to me,

tragedy if he cops anything without video evidence

It's not hearsay, if he saw it then he's a witness and will be asked to tell the tribunal what he saw. If he didn't see it then it's pointless him being there.

It's ridiculous that things have got to a point where players get off charges due to there being no video evidence, it wasn't that long ago that not all games were even televised.

It's not hearsay, if he saw it then he's a witness and will be asked to tell the tribunal what he saw. If he didn't see it then it's pointless him being there.

It's ridiculous that things have got to a point where players get off charges due to there being no video evidence, it wasn't that long ago that not all games were even televised.

yea and im sure that people got away with much more off the ball activity then. when the games arnt televised then an umpire can report a player...idiot

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker charged with 'unduly rough play'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back