Baker charged with 'unduly rough play'

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Saints hitman caught in the act

I was there and saw it and will say it once and once only - both players were running in the same direction, Farmer was behind Bakes, there was a collision that did not involve swinging arms, elbows or fists, Farmer goes down.

That's all I can tell you but there was nothing untoward that I saw.

I was there and saw it and will say it once and once only - both players were running in the same direction, Farmer was behind Bakes, there was a collision that did not involve swinging arms, elbows or fists, Farmer goes down.

that seems to be the general consensus from unbiased viewers, but it won't stop the witchhunt so Im having fun :D

Anyway, Vossy says he saw it.

He also said he didn't see it. Both before and after he said he did. Footy Confidential, I think it was Caro, said he was still backing off the "I saw it" comments on Sunday and Monday; so it's unlikely he's said anything of interest to the AFL investigator.

Please ring the AFL and volunteer your evidence, surely it is as Valid as some one paid by Freemantle, infact more so.

I saw it !!

He used nunchuckers an flogged his wallet too.

Surely they cant take the word of a Freo trainer from that game...wont be a crime if he gets off anyway.

There's only about 300 AFl listed players secretly laughing and muttering something about "just desserts"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The few reports that are circulating now are pretty consistent.

Freo had flooded St Kilda's forward line. Freo then rebounded the ball and went long to CHF while Baker and Farmer were both sprinting towards Fremantle's forward line. Baker was in front of Farmer and he unexpectedly stopped. Farmer ran into Baker's back and they clashed heads (causing the split lip and broken nose to Farmer and the lump on Baker's head). Farmer wasn't ready for that impact and still shocked, he fell over. The concussion might have been caused by either the head clash or the impact on the TD surface. Baker kept on running and contested the ball at CHB.

If those reports are accurate then Baker has no case to answer. And surely the AFL couldn't take the account of a Fremantle trainer (probably a passionate supporter) and a Brisbane (who St Kilda are competing with for a finals spot) listed-player seriously.

The few reports that are circulating now are pretty consistent.

Freo had flooded St Kilda's forward line. Freo then rebounded the ball and went long to CHF while Baker and Farmer were both sprinting towards Fremantle's forward line. Baker was in front of Farmer and he unexpectedly stopped. Farmer ran into Baker's back and they clashed heads (causing the split lip and broken nose to Farmer and the lump on Baker's head). Farmer wasn't ready for that impact and still shocked, he fell over. The concussion might have been caused by either the head clash or the impact on the TD surface. Baker kept on running and contested the ball at CHB.

If those reports are accurate then Baker has no case to answer. And surely the AFL couldn't take the account of a Fremantle trainer (probably a passionate supporter) and a Brisbane (who St Kilda are competing with for a finals spot) listed-player seriously.

I think your partly right, sounds more like when Libba hit Knights. Both running towrds the ball, Libba noticed in the corner of his eye, last minute, Knights coming at him and lifted his elbow to protect himself and smacked Knights in the forehead. Result, plenty of blood, got 5 weeks.

Baker has probably done the same thing ie lifted an elbow or arm and got Farmer in the nose, not totally deliberate, but still did it.

Conclusion, Baker gets 10 weeks.

Unduly rough play indicates to me they don’t have much to go on. If Baker it him it is a strike. If the AFL call witnesses like the runner and Voss they can make a case. If they make a case and Baker is found guilty he has to get plenty. He could get at least as much as anyone has got this year since it was behind play and seemed pretty severe. If he was provoked then that would lessen the sentence. I think it is nothing or 5+ depending on whether he is guilty and there is evidence. A behind the play hit that causes that damage is serious. Much more serious than some bumps and some face to face hits which go. I suspect the AFL will go light though for fear of challenge and due to the lack of a video they can show on TV.

eye witness account. there goes ur theory memberforever

The expert witness had just admitted he had an obscured view and was guessing as to what exactly happened.

Farmer said there was contact but didn't see anyone and didn't know who did it.

This is a farce.

sounds like farmers going to be whistling a different tune to the one on saturday afternoon

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker charged with 'unduly rough play'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back