Baker charged with 'unduly rough play'

Remove this Banner Ad

You need to know that the person was hit intentionally or whether it was the result of an accidental collision. Its a friggen football field, collisions happen....

therefore if there is no direct evidence it should be thrown out.

Alternatively, the evidence could be along the lines of:

- I saw Farmer standing looking down the field back to Baker and back to me;

- I saw Baker move towards Farmer from behind 50m away from the play;

- I saw Baker swing his arm from behind Farmer and Farmer fell to the ground;

- Did you see whether Baker hit him with a fist, open palm, made contact with a forearm or some other part of the arm or body?;

- I was behind both players, the injuries to Farmer show that impact was to his face, so I couldnt see the point of impact and am unsure whether he was punched, hit with an open hand or some other part of the arm but he was hit from behind, 50m off the play and for no apparent reason....

Of course Baker should get off in such circumstances, I mean no-one could conclude anything on such shaky evidence :rolleyes:

;)

I saw Farmer standing looking down the field back to Baker and back to me;

- Did you see whether Baker hit him with a fist, open palm, made contact with a forearm or some other part of the arm or body;

- I was behind both players, the injuries to Farmer show that impact was to his face, so I couldnt see the point of impact and am unsure whether he was punched, hit with an open hand or some other part of the arm but he was hit from behind, 50m off the play and for no apparent reason....

So who 'saw' that? Oh the freo trainer.....hmmm yeh sure!

Alternatively, the evidence could be along the lines of:

- I saw Farmer standing looking down the field back to Baker and back to me;

- Did you see whether Baker hit him with a fist, open palm, made contact with a forearm or some other part of the arm or body?;

Of course Baker should get off in such circumstances, I mean no-one could conclude anything on such shaky evidence :rolleyes:

;)

Except that his evidence was that he assumed Baker had made contact using somewhere between his hip and shoulder to Farmer because he didn't see the impact because his vision was obscured. There's no allegation of a strike.

So who 'saw' that? Oh the freo trainer.....hmmm yeh sure!

You might be cynical, Spike, but what does this Fremantle trainer or the Fremantle Football Club have to gain from lying about what happened? Exactly what is gained by this? Our club does not have a history of dobbing players in. Personally I don't care what happens to Baker, I'm a karma person.

Except that his evidence was that he assumed Baker had made contact using somewhere between his hip and shoulder to Farmer because he didn't see the impact because his vision was obscured. There's no allegation of a strike.

I was simply pointing out (by use of a hypothetical) that the absence of vision of the actual point of contact does not preclude a guilty finding if all the events leading up to that point of impact and all the subsequent events lead to only one plausible conclusion.

Not that hard to follow surely.

I have no idea what happened and couldnt care less if Baker gets off. I would think the presence of another slow running player in St Kildas side would make our task easier ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Transcripts of both Baker's and Farmer's chat with the investigators were given to Kirkwood before he presented his evidence.

Pretty sure that's not normal procedure.

A lot more than once. But don't let your cockiness get in the way of facts

Round 8 in 2005. Judd had 7 possessions and got reported.

Since then Judd has been amongst our best in each game v Saints (23 possessions & 28 possessions in the 2 games he has played). He was injured for the game this year.

In the 2004 game in which we were flogged by 100+ points, Judd was our second leading possession getter and our second best player (behind Cousins).

In 2003, Judd had 2 ordinary games v the Saints (that was Judds second year).

So since the end of 2003 (when Judd was 19) Baker has beaten him once. Thats ownership for you!

:rolleyes:

He's not Baker's manager. That's the salient point.
I think the point is why would his evidence be reguarded at the tribunal?

He manages 13 Saints players, one Docker and one Eagle, therefore it is safe to say he is about as unbiased as a Freo trainer.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker charged with 'unduly rough play'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back