Baker charged with 'unduly rough play'

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets face it. Anyone who understands even the most basic details of people being knocked out realises that it is highly unlikely that this was caused by an accidental collision. The force required to actually knock someone out either involves large blunt trauma, eg Johnsons perfectly executed bump on Bell, or a short sharp strike by a smaller yet better aimed object ,eg fist or elbow. To even say that somehow Baker stopped and Farmer 'ran into' his shoulder is just a euphimisim for saying Baker hip and shouldered him behind play. AFL can you get anything right? 7 and 10 gave you 3/4 of a billion dollars and you can't even keep your players safe, here you are spending a bomb trotting off to beat up the Irish amatuers every year and yet you haven't even got your own house in order.

the issue here is that the AFL introduced trial by video to stop these situations.
Now we have a player's season potentially being ended early due to their (AFL) incompetence.
Will they investigate themselves?

This is just a bit of fluff and show by the AFL. Baker will get off like Selwood got off. He can't be suspended with no factual evidence.

He must get 4 or 5 weeks..he broke his nose and he was severly concussed, he couldnt play out the game and Jee is a tough little nut

Baker has a history of taking pot shots at people, this time hes been caught out, hopefully he learns his lesson

It was bad timing on his part, the week that Ben johnson gets suspened Baker has to front the tribunal, while they are totally different situations the tribunal would be in a pretty angry mood one would think and they will swing the hammer pretty hard.....expect 4 weeks atleast

If it's an accidental collision he will get off, and by the sounds of most people who saw the incident that is what hpapened.

Have a look at the video of Abraham trying to bump Hird a couple of years ago for an example of what actually happens in footy from time to time.

The day Baker starts punching people in the nuts I'll lead the charge to hang him but on this occasion how about you wait until the case is heard.

If it's an accidental collision he will get off, and by the sounds of most people who saw the incident that is what hpapened.

Have a look at the video of Abraham trying to bump Hird a couple of years ago for an example of what actually happens in footy from time to time.

The day Baker starts punching people in the nuts I'll lead the charge to hang him but on this occasion how about you wait until the case is heard.

By most reports, farmer is the one who was negligent!

Most of these posts are about hating jeff Farmer well first they came for Farmer and I WASN'T AN ARROGANT OCCASSIONALLY PISSED docker or a supporter of and I said nothing and then they came for Cousins who had a drug addiction and I said nothing then they came for Judd and there was no one to speak for him. Fact is Baker is a sniper the heir to Liber without the skill and should go because only the Kilda fans think he's anyhting other than a dog. His evidence is about as reliable as OJ's.

Most of these posts are about hating jeff Farmer well first they came for Farmer and I WASN'T AN ARROGANT OCCASSIONALLY PISSED docker or a supporter of and I said nothing and then they came for Cousins who had a drug addiction and I said nothing then they came for Judd and there was no one to speak for him. Fact is Baker is a sniper the heir to Liber without the skill and should go because only the Kilda fans think he's anyhting other than a dog. His evidence is about as reliable as OJ's.

Dont worry he will just plead that he was trying to hit Farmer in the nuts and missed:p. That response should be just as good as Kerr's was.

read post #29 :D:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will probably get 4 to 7 weeks for this.

What ever the tribunal come up with points wise they have to add on 155 points that he has got that is carried over from previous sanctions. So this will definately add 1 game maybe 2 to his suspension.

Just ask Greening what St kilda thugs do behind play. If he is found to have hit someone behind play its the worst thing that can happen on the footy field. I would suggest Baker's reputation will not help him either.

Hopefully the truth comes out, and no matter how much i hate Farmer, no one deserves the outcome he got on Saturday.

He will probably get 4 to 7 weeks for this.

What ever the tribunal come up with points wise they have to add on 155 points that he has got that is carried over from previous sanctions. So this will definately add 1 game maybe 2 to his suspension.

Says the man who has seen 35 games live this year. Pfft If he gets done for it i wouldnt want to be a player anyone would be able to claim anything. No video evidence and only one witness who whether you like it or not is biassed, the case should be thrown out. You claim you know all i reckon you know nothing at all.

Just ask Greening what St kilda thugs do behind play. If he is found to have hit someone behind play its the worst thing that can happen on the footy field. I would suggest Baker's reputation will not help him either.

Hopefully the truth comes out, and no matter how much i hate Farmer, no one deserves the outcome he got on Saturday.

Thats the thing though isn't it. How in the world will anyone know what happened when they only have one witness against Baker his word against the official and Farmer doesn't remember a thing. Look if he king hit Farmer then he deserves to be suspended for a long time but the problem is we don't know what happened there is no footage to base our cases so until there is it shouldn't mean a suspension.

Surely not?

Michael Voss cant use his evidence surely after a guy says "I didn't see it" , then "I did see it." :rolleyes:

Inconclusive evidence, Baker gets off.

As Voss is still on Brisbane's list, why don't the AFL fine him for his "I saw it/ i didn't see it" flip flopping?

i dislike baker as much as the next guy

but how can so many people be saying he will get 4 - 8 weeks for something they have not seen?

Saints hitman caught in the act

That's the heading on the back page of The West Australian this morning.

Article says a lomg-serving Fremantle trainer will appear before the AFL tribunal today. He has told investigators he saw Baker hit poor Jeffrey. Interesting!

The trainer has been 'ordered' to attend todays' tribunal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker charged with 'unduly rough play'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back