Ballarat FL 2010 - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, thanks for the positive feedback. A ripper game indeed with the two point margin. Two teams very hard at the contest all day. We don't need to blow our whistle at every contest. The players are the spectacle.....on the day we just let 'em play footy.

A few things I have to ask BFL people out there (more specifically Sunbury, BM, Darley and the two Melton teams)..how have the Riddell Umpires gone this year? Do we umpire differently to our collegues in Ballarat?

Ballarat area supporters- how have you found the Riddell umpires when you have travelled east?

Lakers people...how has the player who went down with the knee in the last quarter pulled up? Gone for the year? Reco?
How does the sharing of games work, do you have games allocated to the Riddell umpres each week?

Has your association had any imput from the VCFL umpiring department and the General Manager of the BUA in regards to coaching?

How does the sharing of games work, do you have games allocated to the Riddell umpres each week?

Has your association had any imput from the VCFL umpiring department and the General Manager of the BUA in regards to coaching?

I believe that our allocation of games is determined by the BFL themselves. We are allocated one "east" (BM, Darley, Melton, South or Sunbury) game so BUA umpires don't have to travel. We supply a full panel (field/boundary/goal) across all grades (seniors/reserves/ U18) for that designated game. I'm unable to answer the second part of your question sorry.

Guys, thanks for the positive feedback. A ripper game indeed with the two point margin. Two teams very hard at the contest all day. We don't need to blow our whistle at every contest. The players are the spectacle.....on the day we just let 'em play footy.

A few things I have to ask BFL people out there (more specifically Sunbury, BM, Darley and the two Melton teams)..how have the Riddell Umpires gone this year? Do we umpire differently to our collegues in Ballarat?

Ballarat area supporters- how have you found the Riddell umpires when you have travelled east?

Lakers people...how has the player who went down with the knee in the last quarter pulled up? Gone for the year? Reco?

How do we know if the umps are from the RDFL?

Also is it because the RDFL have a surpluss of umpires and the BalFL have a shortage that RDFL umpires umpire BalFL games?

Do the umpires that get selected to umpire in the BalFL see it as a good opportunity to umpire at a higher level?

Riddell umpires shit all over BUA umpires, they let the game go a lot more and dont let their ego's get in the way. Riddell umpires converse with players in a much more constructive way, and hence the players respect them a lot more. BUA umpires seem to think they are above the players (Roger aside, of course), and talk to them in that way. Massive thumbs up for Riddell umpires, keep it up!

How do we know if the umps are from the RDFL?

Also is it because the RDFL have a surpluss of umpires and the BalFL have a shortage that RDFL umpires umpire BalFL games?

Do the umpires that get selected to umpire in the BalFL see it as a good opportunity to umpire at a higher level?

I guess the tell tale sign would be our kit is different to the Ballarat umpires. In saying that, I wouldn't expect the spectator to notice that, however we go and meet with the teams prior to the game, so they would know we aren't Ballarat umps.

All RDFL matches are filled each week so it does give an umpire an opportunity a taste of a higher level. The fact we travel no further than the Marsh is good. Most RDFL umps live in Sunbury or Melton so we are still close to home.

When we were umpiring in the Ammos, we could end up at places like Bulleen, Glen Waverley, Sth Yarra, St Kilda, Fitzroy Werribee or Brunswick. A lot of km's for a game of footy

RDFL Umpires are far Superior, they never show any bias which in my opinion the BUA umpires do. The BUA umpires are whistle happy, and seem to be please if getting abused.

RDFL Umpires uniforms are a much brighter Orange than BUA

RDFL Umpires are far Superior, they never show any bias which in my opinion the BUA umpires do. The BUA umpires are whistle happy, and seem to be please if getting abused.

RDFL Umpires uniforms are a much brighter Orange than BUA

Not yesterday at Darley v Sunbury it was the worst umpiring display i have ever seen even the Darley supporters said that they were very well looked after by them,love to know how you can have umpires swear at players but when players do it they get reported

Not yesterday at Darley v Sunbury it was the worst umpiring display i have ever seen even the Darley supporters said that they were very well looked after by them,love to know how you can have umpires swear at players but when players do it they get reported
I have never heard of so much dribble in all of my footy watching days !!!!

When u pay $8 to enter a ground doesn't that entitled a supporter to vent his spleen @ who ever he desires ie: his team, the opposition , the umpires !!!! But when a little tiprat like semmo tells you " if i hear abuse from your supporters i'll pay a free kick & a fifty" that is when football has lost it's marbles . No wonder the BFL is a laughing stock amongst football followers!!!!!:eek:

I want my $8 bucks back , the BFL can stick it up their @#$%

Nice to see the Marsh get a win on the board with a pretty strong win over Melton, at the same time helping their cross town rivals by putting a dent in the Bloods finals chances. Good reward for a solid 5 weeks in which they have ran the second and third sides to 4 goals, been smashed by the 5th and 6th teams and now beaten a finals contender. The message may be getting through to what is still a very young list that this year has included 19 players who have had their first taste of 1st grade senior footy.:thumbsu:

Off topic guy's, but can anyone shed some light on Melton South footy club? They seem to have really dropped away the last couple of years. Is it management or coaching staff or players?

Not trolling just curious is all. Would love if a bounce back is just around the corner!

Cheers!

Off topic guy's, but can anyone shed some light on Melton South footy club? They seem to have really dropped away the last couple of years. Is it management or coaching staff or players?

Not trolling just curious is all. Would love if a bounce back is just around the corner!

Cheers!

Melton South and Melton have the same problem in generating enough revenue to complete with the bigger clubs in the league. The gap in now significant. There are 8 clubs in a 20km radius and getting sponsors etc is very hard. Melton South have less to spend on players than some of the RDFL teams. It is a real worry for them going forward and a bounce back may not be possible.

Melton has a massive population compared to other districts and is one of the fastest growing regions in Western Melbourne. There are only 3 clubs in actual Melton. Centrals, Melton & South are all struggling which is a surprise. usually one is strong and if they can hang on for a while surely it will change. Ballarat clubs have many more teams/clubs/sports within their shire and they continue on with only a few really struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melton has a massive population compared to other districts and is one of the fastest growing regions in Western Melbourne. There are only 3 clubs in actual Melton. Centrals, Melton & South are all struggling which is a surprise. usually one is strong and if they can hang on for a while surely it will change. Ballarat clubs have many more teams/clubs/sports within their shire and they continue on with only a few really struggling.

Agreed except for the fact that rockbank and diggers are in the shire of melton and so is hillside. They also draw players from melton township. Melton People play for Marsh Darley and deer park. 3 guy's from kangaroos live in melton. Whilst the shire is growing Players and finances are getting spread pretty thin

I don't think you can use having so many teams in one shire as an excuse for mediocre performances. With melbourne being so close all estern block teams have a huge advantage in terms of recruitment. The ballarat clubs face a much larger problem in terms of recruitment with not only the sides based in Ballarat, but then you also have to compete with the Central Highlands sides as well as the Lexton Plains sides. So all in all the Ballarat area has 25 sides all trying to pull players out of the one area. Then add on top of that having North Ballarat(VFL) pluck out any of the good kids coming through as well as the Rebels(TAC). Mind you in saying that I spose all areas are prone to losing kids to Werribee and Western Jets dwon that way anyways.

I don't think you can use having so many teams in one shire as an excuse for mediocre performances. With melbourne being so close all estern block teams have a huge advantage in terms of recruitment. The ballarat clubs face a much larger problem in terms of recruitment with not only the sides based in Ballarat, but then you also have to compete with the Central Highlands sides as well as the Lexton Plains sides. So all in all the Ballarat area has 25 sides all trying to pull players out of the one area. Then add on top of that having North Ballarat(VFL) pluck out any of the good kids coming through as well as the Rebels(TAC). Mind you in saying that I spose all areas are prone to losing kids to Werribee and Western Jets dwon that way anyways.
Being close to Melb is not an advantage at all. The Metro clubs pay out $250K - $500K each, especially EDFL, very hard to entice guys away from that.

Melton South and Melton have the same problem in generating enough revenue to complete with the bigger clubs in the league. The gap in now significant. There are 8 clubs in a 20km radius and getting sponsors etc is very hard. Melton South have less to spend on players than some of the RDFL teams. It is a real worry for them going forward and a bounce back may not be possible.

Absolute rubbish, Melton is one of the biggest growth corridors in the whole country, massive population, plenty of big business in the area. 8 clubs within 20km, the whole of the EDFL wouldnt be spread out further than 20km and prob with a similar population to the shire of Melton.

There is absolutely no reason why the 2 premier football clubs in the area shouldnt be generating enough revenue to dominate the league let alone be competitive, and that is without taking into account all the kids that come through the juniors in those 2 clubs. If money is the issue then they have the wrong people in charge who are not capable of generating it.

Just wondering what posters on here know about Mick Russell from Melton South. I'm involved with a pretty successful metro club presently and we are in negotiations with him to play a role for us next year. Have watched him play recently and am impressed with his physical condition. Am aware that he is getting on in age but is in the shape of his life. Is it possible that he is just not appreciated for what he brings to the Panthers? Blokes like him are very hard to replace once they move on...

Absolute rubbish, Melton is one of the biggest growth corridors in the whole country, massive population, plenty of big business in the area. 8 clubs within 20km, the whole of the EDFL wouldnt be spread out further than 20km and prob with a similar population to the shire of Melton.

There is absolutely no reason why the 2 premier football clubs in the area shouldnt be generating enough revenue to dominate the league let alone be competitive, and that is without taking into account all the kids that come through the juniors in those 2 clubs. If money is the issue then they have the wrong people in charge who are not capable of generating it.

You want to comapre Melton South that have a total player payments of 70k against Marby Park that spend 250k? Scott Lucus at Greenvale would nearly get 60k just by himself. If you think a club from Melton can generate as much reveune as a team from Essendon then you are kidding yourself. Melton is third world compared to Essendon.

Just wondering what posters on here know about Mick Russell from Melton South. I'm involved with a pretty successful metro club presently and we are in negotiations with him to play a role for us next year. Have watched him play recently and am impressed with his physical condition. Am aware that he is getting on in age but is in the shape of his life. Is it possible that he is just not appreciated for what he brings to the Panthers? Blokes like him are very hard to replace once they move on...
Your kidding right?
Mick was a good player in his day but that was 10 years ago.
Good fella but bad shoulders.

You want to comapre Melton South that have a total player payments of 70k against Marby Park that spend 250k? Scott Lucus at Greenvale would nearly get 60k just by himself. If you think a club from Melton can generate as much reveune as a team from Essendon then you are kidding yourself. Melton is third world compared to Essendon.

Dont be surprise to see Melton South back in the Riddell League VERY SOON!!!!

Received a private message that I thought I would open up as I have not seen in WRFL games. I was asked to rank the leagues - EDFL A, EDFL B, BalFL, BenFL and the WRFL div 1. I think EDFL A grade a clearly in front followed by the BalFL, BenFL and then the EDFL B grade. Feel free to add leagues. I added the RDFL league which is catching up to the EDFL B grade but not there yet.

Would Sunba or Golden Square play finals in the EDFL A grade? With Strathmore missing the finals it would be interesting to see if one of these teams could push Oak Park or Keilor out. BalFL and BenFL play on bigger grounds and move the ball well where as the EDFL play are more contested brand of football on smaller grounds.

This would be my ladder:

Greenvale
Marby Park
Keilor
Sunba Lions
Oak Park
Golden Square
Strathmore
Redan
South Bendigo
Ballarat
Lake Wendoree
Crazy Burn
Eaglehawk
Avondale Heights
Sandhurst
East Point
Abers
Darley
Doutta Stars
West Coburg
Taylors Lakes
Pacco Vale
Marybourough
Kanagroo Flat
Strathfeildsaye
Melton
Gisborne
Melton South
Kyneton
West Meadows
Riddell
Tulla
Nth City
Lancefield
Haddy
Airport West
Glenroy
Sebas
Castlemaine
The Marsh

Would not have a clue where a Spotswood would fit in.

From WRFL, Spotswood would prob challenge Subury and Oak Park for 4th spot the rest of div 1 wouldnt beat west coburg, and div 2 would be behind riddell league.

Your second paragraph is spot on. Both melton clubs have always been very clichey. And have always alienated sponsors and supporters. The old days with Nabby from melton and Bernie Tethowan from south coming into your business on a weekly basis to give you invites and updates are long gone. Now it's just fancy proposals with empty promises and here is your invoice when can we our cheque?
Alot of people get on committee's to big note themselves and not really understand what is really involved. As Usual too much is left to to few.
Lets hope both clubs (esp) south can find thier way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back