Ballarat FL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EDFL Premiers in Greenvale played Subury in the preseason and only won by 6 goals, which would place the Lions on the edge of the finals.

They would start in Div 2 - would be hard to beat if they keep their current team. They would find more money if they made Div 1. I think they should go - better standard of football.

$150k to be competitive and maybe win a flag in the BFL or $300k to do the same in the EDFL.
Makes common sense to stay.
Dont think too many major league sides would be spending as little as 150k to be competitive or successful,if sunbury can good luck to them (Grant Weeks at Golden Square would command half that figure if you could lure him away,throw in a coach at 25 to30 and your three or four guns at 10 to 20 you have 150k for the necleus of a good side).

Dont think too many major league sides would be spending as little as 150k to be competitive or successful,if sunbury can good luck to them (Grant Weeks at Golden Square would command half that figure if you could lure him away,throw in a coach at 25 to30 and your three or four guns at 10 to 20 you have 150k for the necleus of a good side).
I can guarantee you Gisborne are spending a fair bit under that 150k and are about to play in a major league Grand Final, but you are right, there certainly wouldnt be to many clubs playing major league footy spending under that regardless of whether they are competitive or not. If you listen to the Golden Square faithful, Weeks still plays for a hot dog and can of coke, Pfft

I can guarantee you Gisborne are spending a fair bit under that 150k and are about to play in a major league Grand Final, but you are right, there certainly wouldnt be to many clubs playing major league footy spending under that regardless of whether they are competitive or not. If you listen to the Golden Square faithful, Weeks still plays for a hot dog and can of coke, Pfft

But Gisborne is the exception - how many of the 20 odd players running out this weekend are from Gissy or played their junior football with Gissy? Cheaper to have home growen than recruit good players from other clubs as you generally have to pay overs to get them to leave.

Sunbury v redan: whole year of nothing to have same teams meet again on gf day. Credit to both these clubs, whilst everyone else keeps plugging away over summer hoping to push the best sides, really they are so far off these two it ain't funny, some would argue the gap is in fact bigger than 12 months ago with a promising east being 3 rd team losing last two finals by ten goals. Most clubs are 5 quality players $30k plus off these two when it comes to the crunch. I hope sunbury get there man this year and can overcome redan, surely one more loss will do severe damage to the clubs ability to beat redan in the big ones. If game played on redans terms they can just get up I reckon, but if played on sunburys this could be a huge win. Cheap, Clarke, McCabe, sleight, lobb x2, linton, chambers conner Caris v bye edwards, peace, horburyx2, weight, bell Chester ryall hyden barker, you can go on, when you list the talent clearly shows why these two best clubs by fair way. if umpires stay out of this will be a great game again, even with natural player turnover can see these two featuring in the last two weeks each season for the next few years yet!

sunbury by 3 goals! sleight bog

interesting selection week for sunbury this week! you would think that cuinik and linton will come into the side! 2 unlucky players will miss! glad i am not picking the side

16 games = 10k a game. Take off 10k for injuries.
Coach 1500 a game. Four guns 1k a game. 2 at 500 and four at 250. 12 at base 600.
incentives 1k and youve got change. And thats if you can get four guns. Cant name a side
that has four guns in the BFL. Can you?. As for paying anyone 75k a game, wouldnt happen in BFL.
Honestly dont think anyone is paying more than 150k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sebastapol apparently are lodging a protest. :rolleyes:

c'mon mate! move on! if you are a sunbury under 18 player like you say you are, take time out to enjoy the seniors wonderful victory today! its about the whole club not just the under 18's what happened has happened and if that is the worst thing to ever happen to you in your life well then you haven't got to much to sook about

If you have been following the thread you will realize I am not a player.

In any case will be celebrating the win - but I also operate on the never forgive never forget principle, so just wanted to make sure Sebastapol take the time to celebrate their "win" as well.

Great result yesterday with Sunbury far to good and handed out an old fashion hiding.

Just a shame the umpires were told after the game that they will never be allowed to umpire in the BFL ever again for calling the game fairly and not handing any soft red cards out.

It was an awesome performance by Sunbury, far too good this year. Well done to Rick Horwood especially, he has done a great job with the culture of the club.

Yea well done to Rick Horwood, disciplined coach.

And well done to the redan drummer, retiring after 15 years, credit to him, he didnt care what people thought about him. respect.

whats happened to all the pressure/intensity expected in finals, pretty all been onesided, especially the gf after Redan had another easy win in the prelim. Sunbury probably had game over by quarter time but there was nothing from Redan

Big point with Sunbury's win was they are homegrown unit. 17 or 18 are locals, great effort to have stayed together for so long and get their reward with such a big win in a grand final.

Well done to Patty Cariss on winning the Sunbury B&F in a premiership year. Has been a warrior and a fantastic player for Sunbury.:thumbsu:

Well done to Patty Cariss on winning the Sunbury B&F in a premiership year. Has been a warrior and a fantastic player for Sunbury.:thumbsu:

Clearly the best ruckman in the Ballarat league and has been for some time. Good to see him win a B&F after being maligned unfairly in the past.

Thats Carriss done at Sunbury along with a few others if you believe the rumours. Will have to wait and see.

Im led to beleive ex sunbury coach sergie power will be coaching Riddle in the rdfl and was already poaching players from sunbury. word on the street is carriss and 4 or 5 others will be heading to riddell. if i was sunburys president i would be well and truly sick and tired of the powers taking all their players annually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back