Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't done much all year except kick a few against sebastopol. He would wanna do something this week, thats if his hamstring holds up. Cant see them beating Lakers this week.
The only time you post on this thread is to pot Urch. What has the guy done to you mate, has he shat on your birthday cake or banged your missus or something.
Season isnt over yet. How many does he have to kick this week for you to be happy. We'll see if we can make it happen.

Agree, the week before finals Eastern Oval was in mint condition. Its a shame now as it is stuffed for the rest of the finals.

But City Oval has been crap all year, by the time the seniors started on Saturday is was the worst I have ever seen any ground. Would hate to see the state of Lakers ground as it was deemed not good enough to hold a game. Where else can they play the Ballarat games? No where, looks like we are stuck with what we have.

Lakers and Darley should make the most of this week on a decent ground.

Alfredton was in great condition last week, I would have thought it could have been an option for the Lakers to play the match against Sunbury. The City Oval was in great condition a fortnight ago, and would have been perfect if the match was played on the Friday (or the rain had held off for one more day).

Apparently Eastern Oval is better than City Oval, so you can imagine the state of City Oval.

This week we should see a quality game of football at Darley, a nice firm track with no mud. Probably wont even suit Darley against Lakers as they are a quick ball moving side. But who cares, at least we will get to watch some football, not rubbish.

Eastern Oval was absolutely terrible on Sunday. I dont know how it can possibly come up for the Granny in a couple of weeks.

I know both teams have to play on it.... & congrats to Lakers, simply to good at the "Slop Footy" than Sunba, but it is shocking as a spectacle for those of us brave enough to make the trip up the Hi-Way to watch.

Made the effort to get up to the "Rat" last season and watch the big one, & wasn't disappointed. But, sorry, unless it stops raining up there I wont be making the return trip to see the type of Shit Footy that those type of conditions bring.

The only time you post on this thread is to pot Urch. What has the guy done to you mate, has he shat on your birthday cake or banged your missus or something.
Season isnt over yet. How many does he have to kick this week for you to be happy. We'll see if we can make it happen.

Ive made 2 posts about him. WOW.

Darley, Unlike last year, thay seem to be making 3 or 4 changes every week. I know they have been destroyed by injuryies, But when they lost there first game of the year to ballarat up in the wet, they made 5 or 6 changes after that game. I think a couple of reserves players are a bit stiff not to be playing ones. What other moves do they have this week?

Ive made 2 posts about him. WOW.

Darley, Unlike last year, thay seem to be making 3 or 4 changes every week. I know they have been destroyed by injuryies, But when they lost there first game of the year to ballarat up in the wet, they made 5 or 6 changes after that game. I think a couple of reserves players are a bit stiff not to be playing ones. What other moves do they have this week?
As you say the amount of changes have been forced due to injury, especially after the Ballarat game. However, there will be some guys play this week that played in last weeks reserves team.

How many weeks (if any) did McGuigan get??
Hey Val, yet again it was another tribunal farce. He got off becuase the umpire did not check who the victim was, and he wrote down unknown player. You would think that a professional umpire would check that out after the game if he wasnt sure, or even when the guy was lying on the turf for 5 minutes with a broken neck. But they are not professional, they are scum.

Hey Val, yet again it was another tribunal farce. He got off becuase the umpire did not check who the victim was, and he wrote down unknown player. You would think that a professional umpire would check that out after the game if he wasnt sure, or even when the guy was lying on the turf for 5 minutes with a broken neck. But they are not professional, they are scum.

I was at the game and saw the incident. There were no 'victims'. Chris McGuigan got sent off for retaliating to the punch in the face that he received. Hence both players being sent off for the incident (19 for Sunbury I think). Wasn't much in it. The umpire saw both hits, and sent both players off. You dont send off a player for receiving a punch, both of them dished it out and both got sent off. Lets move on....

I was at the game and saw the incident. There were no 'victims'. Chris McGuigan got sent off for retaliating to the punch in the face that he received. Hence both players being sent off for the incident (19 for Sunbury I think). Wasn't much in it. The umpire saw both hits, and sent both players off. You dont send off a player for receiving a punch, both of them dished it out and both got sent off. Lets move on....
So did the player who bumped the Sunbury guy head high while he had his head over the ball get reported? That is what started the little scuffle. I thought McGuigan got reported for that hit.

So did the player who bumped the Sunbury guy head high while he had his head over the ball get reported? That is what started the little scuffle. I thought McGuigan got reported for that hit.

No nothing happened to him, it was Weymouth that hit the Sunbury kid, and he hit him more full on than Lloyd or Franklin did in the AFL recently and yet Weymouth doesnt get a report, a yellow card or anything... If Lloyd gets 4, Weymouth should of got 5, he actually turned and collected him with his hip and was still upright didnt even consider going down at the ball, Lloyd was front on and down low when he got Sewell.

McGuigan was meant to get reported, he hit number 19 from behind and the umpire saw it they just find a way to let the Ballarat guys off, the same Sunbury player that Battistello king hit when they played a couple of weeks ago. Battistello was too scared to play after last time i heard..

Anyway so who is going to win the flag? The Henderson? The top players from each club in 09?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No nothing happened to him, it was Weymouth that hit the Sunbury kid, and he hit him more full on than Lloyd or Franklin did in the AFL recently and yet Weymouth doesnt get a report, a yellow card or anything... If Lloyd gets 4, Weymouth should of got 5, he actually turned and collected him with his hip and was still upright didnt even consider going down at the ball, Lloyd was front on and down low when he got Sewell.
Absolute disgrace that the umpires did nothing to weymouth,the young fella has neck & back injuries ,interesting to see what the league would've done if a serious injury was sustain. they would shit themselves i suspect:eek::eek::eek:

i far from condone violence against umpires but i sure as hell understand it after this years performance by Ballarat umpires (barring Roger)i would applaud it. It used to be frowned upon to hit sporting officials but i think there is grounds for it in this day and age.

Didnt know who it was at the time, he should have got 5 weeks, it was a terrible cowardess act. The kid had his head over the pill and deserved to be protected. Knowing Sunbury they will not lodge an investigation, but can the league lodge one? This was a low act that could have left the poor kid paralysed, more action is required.

Didnt know who it was at the time, he should have got 5 weeks, it was a terrible cowardess act. The kid had his head over the pill and deserved to be protected. Knowing Sunbury they will not lodge an investigation, but can the league lodge one? This was a low act that could have left the poor kid paralysed, more action is required.

Yeah i think everyone should just add Rod Ward on facebook and all get stuck into him until something is done about it.

I must say i agree it was bloody dangerous and he should get weeks for it, but what i know of Weymouth he wouldnt delibrately try to do serious damage, just a bad decision by a decent bloke, but still needs punishment.

Tips:

Darley v Lake Wendouree: Because they can't afford not to. Can you imagine the fallout at Darley Park if they lose?

Redan v East Point: On a muddy Eastern Oval, Jarrod Edwards will a field day.

Tips:

Darley v Lake Wendouree: Because they can't afford not to. Can you imagine the fallout at Darley Park if they lose?

Redan v East Point: On a muddy Eastern Oval, Jarrod Edwards will a field day.

i heard on win News they have moved Redan's game to Alfredton cheers

Heard Redan has reappointed Peace as coach for next year.
No reason why they wouldn't.
Well done this year _ so far.
All three footy teams still in the running into the second week of finals is a great result.

Sure the grounds are muddy. So what. It's a winter sport.
Admittedly, the 10 year drought has meant that many players have never really played in those conditions.
City Oval on Thursday looked great. Even after the weekend there is still only the patch of really badly chopped up surface at CHF at the bowling club end. Didnt see Eastern before the weekend but it looks pretty bad driving past now.
Alfredton the week before was fantastic as was Lakers oval the week before that.
No ground can take that amount of traffic and weather and stay like the MCG. Alfredton should be good this week (except for the wind) if that is where the East - Redan game is to be played.
Is there any possibility of getting the Northern oval put into play for the finals? It should still be pretty good.

Sure the grounds are muddy. So what. It's a winter sport.
Admittedly, the 10 year drought has meant that many players have never really played in those conditions.
City Oval on Thursday looked great. Even after the weekend there is still only the patch of really badly chopped up surface at CHF at the bowling club end. Didnt see Eastern before the weekend but it looks pretty bad driving past now.
Alfredton the week before was fantastic as was Lakers oval the week before that.
No ground can take that amount of traffic and weather and stay like the MCG. Alfredton should be good this week (except for the wind) if that is where the East - Redan game is to be played.
Is there any possibility of getting the Northern oval put into play for the finals? It should still be pretty good.

Would only be available for the grand final as North have a VFL final on it this saturday and the central highlands grand final is booked the following week. It is in great condition though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back