Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Football League 2009 mk II

Who will be coaching in 2010 from the current list of coaches? Some coaches will be under pressure

Darley - Learmonth doubtful without a premiership
Ballarat - Premiership coaches Northey & O'Loughlin to go on
Melton South - Change on the way with new board member KA & Sutts to coach
Melton - Raak stay on
Redan - Peace stay on
Sebas - Russell don't know?
East Point - Hynes doubtful without a premiership
Lakers - Battistello doubtful without a premiership
Sunbury - Power no chance without a premiership
North City - Payne go on
Bacchus - Holt to go on
I think you have 2 correct, well done.
I doubt Northey will stay with the amount of funds being syphoned out.

gisborne have deferred their decision about joining the league they want to look into things further and see how much more the bfl board can suck up thier arses

Gisbourne won't be in as the VCFl won't allow bendigo to become a minor league. Kyneton, castlemaine and maryborough are all struggling with debt and player numbers. They also let in a new side strathey someting which has also weakened numbers around bendigo.

Gisbourne are in debt $50k. Ask Melton & Melton South as they tell everyone.

Hope you can back that up clown?????

Who will be coaching in 2010 from the current list of coaches? Some coaches will be under pressure

Melton - Raak stay on
Redan - Peace stay on
North City - Payne go on
Bacchus - Holt to go on
O'Loughlin not popular with players at all and Northey getting tired.
your right that you don't know!! Would have thought Lakers & East are very happy with their coaches.

Melton - Raak stay on
Redan - Peace stay on
North City - Payne go on
Bacchus - Holt to go on

Holt wont continue at Bacchus Marsh.

Melton - Raak stay on
Redan - Peace stay on
North City - Payne go on
Bacchus - Holt to go on

power will be coaching sunba next year

O'Loughlin not popular with players at all and Northey getting tired.
your right that you don't know!! Would have thought Lakers & East are very happy with their coaches.

My information is that Battistello, Hynes, Peace, Russell will be or have already been appointed for 2010, Payne @ Nth City? dont know what the go is there, you would imagine that nth city would be looking around for a ballarat based person, the Ballarat Swans situation i have not heard anything, who is actually the Coach at Ballarat? can someone explain the setup! is Swooper just cruising and in the background ready to take the reins if the swans make it to the granny, or is o'loughlin part of the sucession plan that i see colloingwood have just adopted?

I haven't posted for a while, have been away overseas and with the run home to the finals its going to be interesting to see who can battle it out for the top six make up.

My tips for this week:
Lakers just over Sunbury, will be a cracker of a game.
Melton Sth to win over Bloods, disappointing year for panthers.
Redan easily over Marsh, % will increase by plenty.
Devils by plenty over Burra, % will be very important for Devils.
Ballarat over Nth City, % doesnt matter for Swans, 2 games behind devils.

My information is that Battistello, Hynes, Peace, Russell will be or have already been appointed for 2010, Payne @ Nth City? dont know what the go is there, you would imagine that nth city would be looking around for a ballarat based person, the Ballarat Swans situation i have not heard anything, who is actually the Coach at Ballarat? can someone explain the setup! is Swooper just cruising and in the background ready to take the reins if the swans make it to the granny, or is o'loughlin part of the sucession plan that i see colloingwood have just adopted?

I haven't posted for a while, have been away overseas and with the run home to the finals its going to be interesting to see who can battle it out for the top six make up.

My tips for this week:
Lakers just over Sunbury, will be a cracker of a game.
Melton Sth to win over Bloods, disappointing year for panthers.
Redan easily over Marsh, % will increase by plenty.
Devils by plenty over Burra, % will be very important for Devils.
Ballarat over Nth City, % doesnt matter for Swans, 2 games behind devils.
Learmonth has already signed at Darley.So oracle looks like you are more of a moron than i first thought.

Learmonth has already signed at Darley.So oracle looks like you are more of a moron than i first thought.

Learmonth...(?)
No rotations, no set plays, no talk, " you're hot", "your mark", no shepherding, no zoning, no regard for where the strengths and weaknesses of individual players are, no inspiration in his 1/4 time addresses, no recognition of the goods and bads....Coaching prowess???? you are kidding. This guy has no idea. His ability to incite enthusiasm and promote team play? NON EXISTENT!!! If this bloke has been re-signed then I'm f'xxxxd if I will continue to follow this team!!!

And Power is 100% to be coaching Sunba. 2010 was always the aim to win the flag for Sunba. Oracle is a shredding dog that just posted the list to get a reaction. He is hated at the Ballarat football club and by every league official.

Learmonth...(?)
No rotations, no set plays, no talk, " you're hot", "your mark", no shepherding, no zoning, no regard for where the strengths and weaknesses of individual players are, no inspiration in his 1/4 time addresses, no recognition of the goods and bads....Coaching prowess???? you are kidding. This guy has no idea. His ability to incite enthusiasm and promote team play? NON EXISTENT!!! If this bloke has been re-signed then I'm f'xxxxd if I will continue to follow this team!!!

Darley were the best team by miles last year and equal flag fav this year. Posts can be book marked and this one could come back to haunt you shortly.

Learmonth...(?)
Interesting!!!
Does that mean you will be taking your son elsewhere next year.

Interesting!!!
Does that mean you will be taking your son elsewhere next year.

I thought he may have been a two's player or a father that thought his kid was better than what he is and cannot get a game in the ones. The Marsh pay big bucks for BFL two's players - maybe this is an option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How credible is the rumour about big skrobba returning to the marsh next season??? I would think there'd be a fair chance of it happening if he can lead East to the flag this year.

There is about 5 coaching vacancie's across the Geelong region including 2 in the GFL, personally i'd like to see him try his hand at the GFL before moving back to the marsh.

How credible is the rumour about big skrobba returning to the marsh next season??? I would think there'd be a fair chance of it happening if he can lead East to the flag this year.

There is about 5 coaching vacancie's across the Geelong region including 2 in the GFL, personally i'd like to see him try his hand at the GFL before moving back to the marsh.

What are the vacancies in the GFL and what are the clubs like?

people complain about the eastern sides but what about the king hit the dog of a coach from Lake Wendouree did to Mitch Brewer on Saturday.Disgraceful conditions too dont know how the bfl allow teams to play on the bog heap,the better team won on the day though

people complain about the eastern sides but what about the king hit the dog of a coach from Lake Wendouree did to Mitch Brewer on Saturday.Disgraceful conditions too dont know how the bfl allow teams to play on the bog heap,the better team won on the day though

Yeah but after the king hit which broke Brewer's nose Batty apologised half a dozen times during the game. Being the Lakers coach it would reduce a 6 week incident to being cleared of anything as soon as the tribunal heard this. Actully Mitch may be in trouble for making contact with his nose to Batty's fist - even though he did not see it coming.

Yeah but after the king hit which broke Brewer's nose Batty apologised half a dozen times during the game. Being the Lakers coach it would reduce a 6 week incident to being cleared of anything as soon as the tribunal heard this. Actully Mitch may be in trouble for making contact with his nose to Batty's fist - even though he did not see it coming.

Quite pathetic the whole thing, especially for a coach.

Quite pathetic the whole thing, especially for a coach.

But he did say sorry. I got this off the Lakers web site:

Nickname:: Battis
Years at Lakers:: 1
Description of Lakers:: Charismatic
Most memorable experience:: Beating Sunbury in 1st final, 2008 and king hitting a 19 year old kid from Sunbury.
Why Lakers:: Mick Taylor
Awards/Honours from career:: None
Admired Sportsperson:: Lance Armstrong
Relax away from footy:: Beach
I cook the best:: Rissoto
Annoying teammate/why:: Reusy - Serial Pest

What are the vacancies in the GFL and what are the clubs like?

At the moment St Albans and Geelong West-St Peters are the 2 clubs currently looking for a coach. West have been cellar dwellers for ages except last year when they bought a shit load of players but lost the elimination final.

St Albans have been bottom 2 for the past 5 years but before then had generally been a pretty solid club.

In what can only be described as atrocious, sub-standard conditions at Wendouree on Saturday (and I’m not talking about the weather) the Lakers showed why they are sitting on top of the ladder. On their putrid swampy muddy gravel pit crater of a ground they outplayed Sunba in almost every department to record a very comfortable gutsy win.
Once again Jolly Roger turned in another outstanding performance & his partner, whoever he was, wasn’t to bad either.

And for the first time in living memory Sunba won a freekick count !

Sunba 28 – Lakers 24.
And the Lions would have won by a whole lot more had it not been for the most undisciplined player in the entire BFL… Mr lets give away as many frees in a game of footy as I possibly can -. Daryl Griffin !
Memo Dassa, toughness & courage is what Brent Faulkner or Brent Sutherland did on Saturday………….. Take note, or do the team a favour & play in the Two’s !

Learmonth...(?)
He must be doing something right after winning only 4 games in his first year he took Darley to a grand final last year and only added 3 new players to there list.
This year they have had terrible luck with injury and have not been able to field anywhere near a full strength side, and are still looking at a top 3 finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back