Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's lucky they aren't playing a curtain raiser as they would of been embarrassed, they won't get near the GFL. I saw Barham play at Gisborne when McGuane coached and he couldn't outmark a 6fter

How did he get drafted to AFL? Not sure it was his kicking that got him on the list. 2nd in Werribee's B&F a couple years ago - must not be any 6fter's playing in the VFL which allowed him to be a good player. Lets hope the BalFL don't have a lot of 6fter's or Sunba could be in huge trouble.

sebas always shoot themselves in the foot, source told me it was the players who voted him out. ive played at sebas and they have always had big issues in coaching staff. Also heard a rumour eddie denuden is back from overseas, anyone heard anything about that?

True, but there's didly squat in a Darley/Melton South/Lake Wendouree sense (i.e. tend to be there and about without winning a flag) and then there's Sebastopol. I'll let there record from 2001-2009 speak for itself.

That is also true, but i have always had the opinion if you dont win the big one you have achieved nothing and are on the same level as everyone else, but then that is just my own opinion

sebas always shoot themselves in the foot, source told me it was the players who voted him out. ive played at sebas and they have always had big issues in coaching staff. Also heard a rumour eddie denuden is back from overseas, anyone heard anything about that?
I can guarantee you it wasnt the players voting the coach out. The players actually wanted the coaches to remain and that is why the coaches didnt leave 3 weeks ago when stuff 1st went down with the new board, ie board wanting to remove the fitness advisor, dictate training times, telling coaches who to recruit, game plan 'advice', no medical staff around the club, pay cuts etc. I was privy to the meetings and can honestly say that anybody who says it was a player thing is lying. Was strictly an issue between coaches and new board

Sebas are a struggling side thats all it is too it, they have had bad runs with players in the past and now the committee seems to doubt its own decisions, but there are some quality players there,clint cooper who has been quiet with injury for the last few seasons has alot of potential, also the porter boys were quality in their day, havent watched them play a game for a few years, and alot more. With the right leadership (could have just thrown it away) they could be a contender in the near future. supposedly denouden is in talks with old clubs east and north, havent heard much about him last year or so ???

I can guarantee you it wasnt the players voting the coach out. The players actually wanted the coaches to remain and that is why the coaches didnt leave 3 weeks ago when stuff 1st went down with the new board, ie board wanting to remove the fitness advisor, dictate training times, telling coaches who to recruit, game plan 'advice', no medical staff around the club, pay cuts etc. I was privy to the meetings and can honestly say that anybody who says it was a player thing is lying. Was strictly an issue between coaches and new board

Fair enough, cant say it was a good source but a source none the less.
all the best to them but i think it may have been the wrong decision, whoever the maker.

Sebas are a struggling side thats all it is too it, they have had bad runs with players in the past and now the committee seems to doubt its own decisions, but there are some quality players there,clint cooper who has been quiet with injury for the last few seasons has alot of potential, also the porter boys were quality in their day, havent watched them play a game for a few years, and alot more. With the right leadership (could have just thrown it away) they could be a contender in the near future. supposedly denouden is in talks with old clubs east and north, havent heard much about him last year or so ???
Cooper only went back to sebas last year. could be a 80 goal kicker in a decent team and if fit. Struggling with injury though and cant train yet. Marty Porter still goes well, won the bnf last year easily. Julian Porter has just left

Cooper only went back to sebas last year. could be a 80 goal kicker in a decent team and if fit. Struggling with injury though and cant train yet. Marty Porter still goes well, won the bnf last year easily. Julian Porter has just left

ok i thought he'd recovered now but ok yeah get him fit and he'll be unstoppable. he's got the build of two dan jordans and the hands of at least one. julian leaving to where?

Please can we not get any more updates on sebas- they are a terrible footy club and we dont need to hear about their rabble. They got rid of the one thing going for them, let them die a lonely death please..​

Shannon Millward has signed with Sunba. He is a great footballer who won a Michelson Medal in 2008 playing with Eaglehawk. Good pick up by Sunba!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shannon Millward has signed with Sunba. He is a great footballer who won a Michelson Medal in 2008 playing with Eaglehawk. Good pick up by Sunba!
i hear there may be a couple of more maybe another ruckman too any truth to that K.A

And I can tell you that you werent privy to the meetings you mentioned at all as most of what you said is a crock of shit. You're wrong by an awful long way - in fact I'll go as far as to say you're telling really big 'porky pies'.

What you've said above are lies sunshine, plain and simple.

Can any one advise when and if South are training yet and if the cancer (Tyquin ) has showed his face at the club yet. Also has Tim Jenkins signed yet. He is a gun and would be a very handy signing.

Can any one advise when and if South are training yet and if the cancer (Tyquin ) has showed his face at the club yet. Also has Tim Jenkins signed yet. He is a gun and would be a very handy signing.

melton south have been back in training for about 6 weeks now and not sure if Tyquin been training and by all reports heard that Jenkins has signed with St.albans again maybe you mite know more about it

New Coaching Appointments @ The Borough
The Port Melbourne Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of a new coaching panel to assist Head Coach Gary Ayres.

It is with great pleasure that we welcome the following personnel:

Nick Smith who will be the senior match day assistant to Gary Ayres comes to the Club with an impressive playing and coaching career. Nick’s twenty year coaching history, takes in stints in various Metropolitan Leagues and NSW Country.

Dion Miles who will take charge of the Reserves team also has an impressive playing and coaching career in the VFL/TAC Cup with coaching stints at Werribee (Reserves) and Western Jets. Dion has also coached in two major country leagues, the Ballarat and West Gippsland/Latrobe competitions.

Support coaches will be Andrew Mirams and Adrian McBean who come to the Club having coached at various levels in Metropolitian & Country Leagues.

Gary is very impressed with the new staff and expects them to have a huge impact at the Borough.

Is Singh and Arnold following KA? Why did Barham choose sunbury over gisborne or abers? I thought power was not going to follow the same path as libba not recruiting high profile players like barham, smith & Milward and rely on the local players

Is Singh and Arnold following KA? Why did Barham choose sunbury over gisborne or abers? I thought power was not going to follow the same path as libba not recruiting high profile players like barham, smith & Milward and rely on the local players

No singh and arnold will not be following. Barham went to Sunba to play with Sharpe and he does not like the small grounds in the EDFL. He recieved bigger offers from other clubs.

Every club needs to recruit - power let Lekkas, Houlahan, Climas and Lee James go. He picked up Smith (local kid) Barham to repalce Hose, Millward to replace Lekkas, a FF from Rochey to replace James. As per last year 2009 was a development year and the aim was always 2010. No kids will miss out as serge loves backing the young ones in.

Lots of teams are recruiting - South have a few from the VFL and word is Redan have picked up 5 and lost their ruckman to the Lakers. Comp will continue to get stronger. Sebas have picked up 6 guns from the under 14's from Wycheproof in the hope to play finals in 2017.

Disappointing Gissy have pulled the pin on the annual practice match. It is always a good contest and gets a great crowd in. It was scheduled for a sat night under lights at Sunba. Anyway the Strathmore V Sunba will be a good match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back