Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much improved effort by Redan on the weekend, I imagine that there will be a lot of teams hoping the slow start will keep them out of the finals.

Q. What do Darley and Geelong have in common?

A. They are both top of the ladder and winning games

Q. What do Darley and St.Kilda have in common?

A. They both won at home this weekend.

Q. Why are Darley the best?

A. Because they win games and are the best

Q. What does Brad Miller and Gary Ablett have in common?

A. They are both the best players in the comp.

Q. Where is Darley Park?

A. Darley

Q. What is the difference between Darley and Geelong last year?

A. Nothing, Geelong won the flag last year and Darley will win the flag this year.

Q. What do Bert Newtons face and Sunbury have in common?

A. There both fake

Q. What is Darley spelt backwards?

A. YELRAD (Darley yell, and they are RAD)

Youknowhim?

I do.

Darley's Young gets six weeks for striking

24/06/2008 12:48:00 AM
THE Ballarat Football League tribunal's crackdown on misconduct continued last night with Darley midfielder David Young rubbed out for six weeks for striking North City's Julian Sambell.
Young's plea that he merely ran into the Balben North City player by accident was rejected by the tribunal which declared there was enough evidence to sustain the charge.
The charge was the result of a RegionalOne BFL investigation called for by North City, not an umpire report.
In issuing the penalty the tribunal said even though there was no report on the day the incident combined all the negative aspects of reportable incidents.
"It was off the ball, to the head and was heavy contact," the tribunal said.
Sambell said during the hearing of evidence that he did not see what happened but that he "felt a sharp pain in the left jaw and dizziness" as a result of the incident.
Two witness, North City player Christian Philpot and reserves coach Mark Petrie, testified that Young had struck Sambell, a view denied by Young's advocate Randall Cape. Two players Darley had hoped to call upon as witnesses were unavailable.
"We are sorry Julian ended up in hospital. It is not what we want to see," Cape said.
North City was also involved with one of the more bizarre reports to appear before the tribunal when Adam Richardson was cleared of misconduct in that he threw Sebastopol player Brett Dean's jumper into the crowd. Richardson had pulled Dean's jumper
off during a third quarter melee.
"(The charge) does not fit in with what usually constitutes misconduct so it was not sufficient to sustain a charge of misconduct," the tribunal said.
"But the player was very fortunate the umpire didn't file a striking charge or the player would have been here on a more serious charge." In the final case an Illabarook under-17 player was rubbed out for six weeks for striking following a report made by Illabarook's own club umpire.

Chief at least you are original with your posts. Your pathetic little followers like James Kerr, chumpy, you know him, noddy 9 all repeat what has already been said. I hope you don't have a team bus to come to the ground as they would all turn up after its gone. After the game I'd get in a shout with them chief as you would just have to say its my shout and there would be 10 blokes racing to the bar saying its my shout to buy you a drink. Although chumpy would still want to save his money he was overpaid at bacchus.

The Oracle's tips are correct and I am happy to stand by them. I stated Redan are gone as they have left there run to late and Sebas would be a chance against North City. I also said Ballarat would bounce back as we are only half way through the marathon.

Miller is going ok but even though the chief is quick to comb his hair and brush the mud off his dirty jumper the weight of carrying the chief on his back through the finals will determine his stature. I must say Miller, Minns deckert etc all played last year and you won 4 games!!

You know him, what do Darley and St Kilda have in common? They both play at s**t grounds, they have supposed stars who have done nothing at finals time and have feral supporters!!!!

Go swanees:thumbsu:

Chief at least you are original with your posts. Your pathetic little followers like James Kerr, chumpy, you know him, noddy 9 all repeat what has already been said. I hope you don't have a team bus to come to the ground as they would all turn up after its gone. After the game I'd get in a shout with them chief as you would just have to say its my shout and there would be 10 blokes racing to the bar saying its my shout to buy you a drink. Although chumpy would still want to save his money he was overpaid at bacchus.

The Oracle's tips are correct and I am happy to stand by them. I stated Redan are gone as they have left there run to late and Sebas would be a chance against North City. I also said Ballarat would bounce back as we are only half way through the marathon.

Miller is going ok but even though the chief is quick to comb his hair and brush the mud off his dirty jumper the weight of carrying the chief on his back through the finals will determine his stature. I must say Miller, Minns deckert etc all played last year and you won 4 games!!

You know him, what do Darley and St Kilda have in common? They both play at s**t grounds, they have supposed stars who have done nothing at finals time and have feral supporters!!!!

Telstra Dome is s**t is it? I've heard it all now.

This comming from a Ballarat supporter that predicted at about round 2 Ballarat will win the flag and they have won 2 games since. one thing is for sure win loose or draw we can guarantee after a game all our supporters will get in the room for a drink, not like the ballarat back slappers. After loosing to the devils there was more Darley people in ballarats room than ballarat so called supporters and i bet you were one with your tail between your legs strongman.

Darley's Young gets six weeks for striking

24/06/2008 12:48:00 AM
THE Ballarat Football League tribunal's crackdown on misconduct continued last night with Darley midfielder David Young rubbed out for six weeks for striking North City's Julian Sambell.
Young's plea that he merely ran into the Balben North City player by accident was rejected by the tribunal which declared there was enough evidence to sustain the charge.
The charge was the result of a RegionalOne BFL investigation called for by North City, not an umpire report.
In issuing the penalty the tribunal said even though there was no report on the day the incident combined all the negative aspects of reportable incidents.
"It was off the ball, to the head and was heavy contact," the tribunal said.
Sambell said during the hearing of evidence that he did not see what happened but that he "felt a sharp pain in the left jaw and dizziness" as a result of the incident.
Two witness, North City player Christian Philpot and reserves coach Mark Petrie, testified that Young had struck Sambell, a view denied by Young's advocate Randall Cape. Two players Darley had hoped to call upon as witnesses were unavailable.
"We are sorry Julian ended up in hospital. It is not what we want to see," Cape said.
North City was also involved with one of the more bizarre reports to appear before the tribunal when Adam Richardson was cleared of misconduct in that he threw Sebastopol player Brett Dean's jumper into the crowd. Richardson had pulled Dean's jumper
off during a third quarter melee.
"(The charge) does not fit in with what usually constitutes misconduct so it was not sufficient to sustain a charge of misconduct," the tribunal said.
"But the player was very fortunate the umpire didn't file a striking charge or the player would have been here on a more serious charge." In the final case an Illabarook under-17 player was rubbed out for six weeks for striking following a report made by Illabarook's own club umpire.
Snitch

So if Darley had 2 guys giving evidence saying it wasnt a strike, then what do the tribunal do? Just one clubs word against another. But we all know he still would have got weeks, because he is from an Eastern team.

At least he will be out when South play Darley

Darley going from strength to strength this year with still a few to come back into the side and Hassent to debut sometime in the next few rounds.

Keep an eye on this kid Hassent. A 6ft4 ruckman who gets more airtime than Kevin Garnett and has dukes that grip the ball like he has been eating hot jam doughnuts with his bare hands for five hours in 40 degree heat.

Seaben to debut as well soon, but Cheiftont will fill you in more about him.

Not sure they are going from strength to strength. 2 good inclusions into the team and the league standard dropping by 20% has helped make them look better than what they are. Any past year they would be a solid 4th best side.

Not sure they are going from strength to strength. 2 good inclusions into the team and the league standard dropping by 20% has helped make them look better than what they are. Any past year they would be a solid 4th best side.
All you can really do is beat what comes up against you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go swanees

ORAL, your posts are about as interesting as the movie Beethovens 5th...which isnt very interesting as everthing was covered in Beethoven - Beethovens 4th...

If you dont like us then stop posting here because we dont like you... and your humor is ordinary (I mean the ol' 69 at the end of your name...please...that was so 2002)

Regards, and best wishes

YNH69 Dude! :cool::cool::cool::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: rock on partyman

from your observations of sunburys games this year jking,do you think they're any chance?and what do you base the standard of football dropping by 20% on?is it because the devils are winning?

Fair spray Chieftont, and reckon the tribunal have made some real strange one's this year so agree with you there. Miller should never have got suspended. Young getting 6 was excessive, but the bloke that followed him in also got 6 from some other club also got 6 for an off the ball incident so obviously they were in an angry mood.

But need to clarify a couple of points. The BFL dont run the Tribunal, as it was changed about 3 years ago and was set up by the VCFL Region as a Central Tribunal to handle cases from the BFL & Lexton Plains and is Independant of the BFL.

The VCFL handle all Appeals and they set the $5k fee and apply it all around the state - not just for the BFL.

I do agree with you chief about the inconsistencies with the tribunal. However your favourite lovechild wardy generally collates all the written submissions from the clubs and then informs the investigating officer of his thoughts. The officer then decides the charges which are presented to the tribunal. The BFL Board has no influence, but wardy uses his power to get the decision he wants. look at North city.

What's your opinion esskay warne, you know him, chumpy, noddy, james kerr, morning herald?
"Oh, we agree with chief."

You are like seagulls from Finding Nemo. Mine mine mine mine mine

I do agree with you chief about the inconsistencies with the tribunal. However your favourite lovechild wardy generally collates all the written submissions from the clubs and then informs the investigating officer of his thoughts. The officer then decides the charges which are presented to the tribunal. The BFL Board has no influence, but wardy uses his power to get the decision he wants. look at North city.

What's your opinion esskay warne, you know him, chumpy, noddy, james kerr, morning herald?
"Oh, we agree with chief."
You are like seagulls from Finding Nemo. Mine mine mine mine mine

Nice to see that you can get over the differences Oral and continue on with some friendly banter...

Life isnt that bad Oral so cheer up, and dont get so emotional...

We dont hate you here, we just passionatley dislike you...

Im sure your parents love you...

Cheer up kiddo!

YNH

Andrew Button has put in a clearance to central Highlands club Daylesford. Anyone know how long its been since he pulled the boots on? How would he go in the CHFL?

Hi guys, Scobes here!!

Young from Darley was initially given 3 weeks for his latest brain freeze. The other 3 weeks were given for the "rib breaking" gesture he forwarded me last time. But I swear, I never dobbed!!!!!!

Hi guys, Scobes here!!

Young from Darley was initially given 3 weeks for his latest brain freeze. The other 3 weeks were given for the "rib breaking" gesture he forwarded me last time. But I swear, I never dobbed!!!!!!
Troy Scoble i am impressed you can still speak as you are usually that far up the devils backsides no one can actually see your face... The best thing you, Baby dick McCleod and the that other pretender McMahon done was leave the devil dome because now there is not one contest shirking coward left at the club just a bunch of hard nuts on their way to a premiership... And as for dobbing you are the biggest snitch in the B.F.L....
Do you still sleep with the light on Troy?

Get back to what you do best....Blowing wind up darleys arse and dont ever comment on here again...
Bye for now Hooch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back