Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got off the phone to the engraver- had to ring him and make sure he spelt Darley right for the Premiership cup and also to make sure that he writes B.Miller on two henderson medals because he deserves more than one medal for his season. 7 goals and 35 touches with 10 minutes to play in the last quarter. If East couldn't win today with Darley having so many out then MAY THE LORD HAVE MERCY ON THEIR SOUL!!!

Hope all the boys enjoy tonights mid year ball while we sit in the hot tub overlooking the valley. We will sipping cognac, smoking cubans, banging glamours and patting each other on the a$$ for being lucky enough to witness Brad Millers life.
They say that Jesus done a whole lot of cool sh!t back in the day- well he dont deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Miller. Miller has more disciples than Jesus, he has parted the seas like moses, He has hand built an ark like Noah, he has fed the multitudes with bread and fish, he has walked the cobbled streets of jerusalem, he has won more gold medals than Mark Spitz, he has created a bigger empire than Bill Gates, he has a bigger bat than John Holmes, He has dispelled Einsteins theories on relativity, he has a cure for aids, he has beaten Chuck Norris in an arm wrestle, he was the first man to walk on the moon, he was the one who knocked down the Berlin wall, he has cloned a sheep, he founded Islam and he painted the Mona Lisa. Lets just name a day in September Miller day and get it over with- He is my universe...
Good day for the Dev's. East played good however. East decided to tag Cheevers, he had 32 and 13 clearances. They tagged Miller, he had 35 and 6 goals, while Tuddy just dominated everywhere else.

Got the Marsh next week. God help them, heard they were a disgrace again today.

Just got off the phone to the engraver- had to ring him and make sure he spelt Darley right for the Premiership cup and also to make sure that he writes B.Miller on two henderson medals because he deserves more than one medal for his season. 7 goals and 35 touches with 10 minutes to play in the last quarter. If East couldn't win today with Darley having so many out then MAY THE LORD HAVE MERCY ON THEIR SOUL!!!

Hope all the boys enjoy tonights mid year ball while we sit in the hot tub overlooking the valley. We will sipping cognac, smoking cubans, banging glamours and patting each other on the a$$ for being lucky enough to witness Brad Millers life.
They say that Jesus done a whole lot of cool sh!t back in the day- well he dont deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Miller. Miller has more disciples than Jesus, he has parted the seas like moses, He has hand built an ark like Noah, he has fed the multitudes with bread and fish, he has walked the cobbled streets of jerusalem, he has won more gold medals than Mark Spitz, he has created a bigger empire than Bill Gates, he has a bigger bat than John Holmes, He has dispelled Einsteins theories on relativity, he has a cure for aids, he has beaten Chuck Norris in an arm wrestle, he was the first man to walk on the moon, he was the one who knocked down the Berlin wall, he has cloned a sheep, he founded Islam and he painted the Mona Lisa. Lets just name a day in September Miller day and get it over with- He is my universe...

You should start a Crusade Chief for the boy to be Canonised perhaps ?....... instead of them wasting there time with Mary Mac' !

He plays for Lakers- thats Karma enough. Atleast Tyson Shea can tell people that he plays for the second best side in his town, McGuigan can tell people that he plays for a side with no charisma, with the worst jumpers in the world and the worst steak sandwiches in the universe.

I wanna play with Brad Miller in an erotic way!!!

Brad Miller hates you chieftont so suck a fat one

Can i Just say how good it is too see North City Making a fool of themselves for coming into the Ballarat football League. When they have players like nathan "hobbo" Hobson who goes out on a saturday night and sips wine running around in there backline, all you can do is sit there and laugh and watch your club thrash and humilate them. Lifes great!!!

Brad Miller hates you chieftont so suck a fat one

Hunter you really seem to hate our savior (The great, knowledgeable, always humerous Chieftont)

Seems you are chewing on a bitter pill, Can you see us from down where you are? Darley are so far above the pack its not funny.

I have spoken to my Boss at the Accounting firm where I work and I have already booked a 3 weeks off to enjoy in the celebrations which will be going on for weeks day and night...

Darley Vs Marsh this week...

The wisper is Darley to play a few under 12 boys to give them some experience this week

Darley to rest Minns, Miller, Cape, Gundry, Guerra, Edwards, Cheevers, Stephenson and a few others...

My tip: Darley by 163 points.

G'Day guys,

Long time reader, first time poster... this is fun. So yeah, I've given it a fair amount of thought and I suppose that I have given into temptation but it all comes will the full support of the Devil hierarchy.

I've gotta say, I have had a few laughs at the dribble written about me so far this season, most of it from my close mates (shout outs to the Chief) and those who I have played against and know personally. Yeah, my form has been quite good, I know that I have my knockers out there but I like to think that I am a respected opponent as is the team this year. We are going along nicely with a local derby around the corner there is a certain 'buzz' in air at Darley Park.

I look forward to joining in on the discussions in future, confidant that my thoughts and opinions will be respected. I hope that my presence does nothing to dampen the mood, it would be great to discuss some other clubs a bit more often but most importantly, lets keep the banter up and GO DEVILS '08!

Brad

Lakers triumph over dismal Cobras

20/07/2008 11:46:00 PM
TWO teams faced tests on Saturday at Maddingley Park to decide which had learned enough to play Ballarat Football League finals.
While Lake Wendouree passed its exam brilliantly with a spectacular display of precision football and commitment, Bacchus Marsh failed dismally.
And the Cobras may have blown any chance of a re-sit as the Lakers butchered their percentage with the 105-point demolition, Lake Wendouree triumphant 26.8 (164) to 8.11 (59).
The Lakers stunned the Cobras with an eight goal first term against the breeze, and followed it up with nine goals in the second. The "Green Machine" registered 14 straight goals before scoring its first behind midway through the second term.
As important as the victory was in terms of nailing down a top six position, Lakers coach Matt Battistello said the way the team played over four quarters was more important.
"It is a good build up for our next match against Sunbury," Battistello said.
"We mentioned to the playing group about how important the game was in terms of finals but the primary focus was on improving. I think we have been disappointing over the past five weeks.
"Our commitment was the best it has been this season, as well as our contested possession. Bacchus Marsh had a lot of motivation to do well, so for us to win in that area was very pleasing."
The signs were not good for the home team from the first bounce when Nathan Pring accepted a tap on from a team mate, ran through the middle of the ground and goaled with the first kick of the match. That set the tone for
Pring and the rest of the team.
The other hero for the Lakers was Tim Malone, who has been shifted into the forward line for the Lakers even though he is a self confessed backman. Malone was best on ground and kicked four goals.
Such was the evenness of Lake Wendouree's effort, the Lakers had 12 individual goal kickers. Bacchus Marsh, meanwhile, had only one genuine avenue to goal, Jonathon Antonello kicking five.
Bacchus Marsh coach Dion Miles was brutally honest in his appraisal of the Cobras' efforts.
"We are not the real deal," he said.
"I knew pace would be Lake Wendouree's strength. But I couldn't believe they would smash us the way the did in contested possession. The Lakers' pressure was immense but our effort was just terrible. "We are still a chance to make (finals) but our senior list does not stretch. We are a good team only when we have all our best players in because we lack depth."

G'Day guys,

Long time reader, first time poster... this is fun. So yeah, I've given it a fair amount of thought and I suppose that I have given into temptation but it all comes will the full support of the Devil hierarchy.

I've gotta say, I have had a few laughs at the dribble written about me so far this season, most of it from my close mates (shout outs to the Chief) and those who I have played against and know personally. Yeah, my form has been quite good, I know that I have my knockers out there but I like to think that I am a respected opponent as is the team this year. We are going along nicely with a local derby around the corner there is a certain 'buzz' in air at Darley Park.

I look forward to joining in on the discussions in future, confidant that my thoughts and opinions will be respected. I hope that my presence does nothing to dampen the mood, it would be great to discuss some other clubs a bit more often but most importantly, lets keep the banter up and GO DEVILS '08!

Brad

Brad. What is your view on who is the main threat to Darley and who is the best player you have played on this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noddy I base my views on teams we have played and you guys were just against us. You mention ladder positions and east point have been undefeated the last few years and choked at the business end. What happens if sunbury finish 3rd in the first final? You fruitpickers went quiet before that game and sunbury had a few out. What is wrong with newman?

Noddy I base my views on teams we have played and you guys were just against us. You mention ladder positions and east point have been undefeated the last few years and choked at the business end. What happens if sunbury finish 3rd in the first final? You fruitpickers went quiet before that game and sunbury had a few out. What is wrong with newman?
Just against Ballarat? You have no clue Oracle. Darley never looked like getting beat that day at the sand pit. Make sure you come down to Darley park in a few weeks time and see the Devils give it to you weak dogs again. If you have any balls come in for a beer ater the floging. We wont bash you dork, Who knows you might even meet the cheif?

Sore hair. Same injury that kept Dougie Shaw out for 3 years.

G'Day guys,

Brad

your not brad 'bummer' miller mate get a life and stop trying to inpersinate people, you wish u were as good as him!

BFL snubbed with only two players in state side

21/07/2008 11:31:00 PM
THE BALLARAT Football League has been snubbed by VCFL selectors, with just two BFL players called up for the Australian Country Football Championships to be played in Shepparton from Thursday.
Redan prime mover Jarrod Edwards and Sunbury big man Tim Little have been named in the 24-player squad to represent Victoria in division one against teams from Western Australia, South Australia, the ACT and New South
Wales.
The pair were selected after being among the RegionalOne BFL's best at the VCFL country championships in Shepparton nearly two months ago.
BFL chief executive Rod Ward was pleased Edwards and Little had made the squad but said there were a number of other BFL players who should also have been considered.
"Tim Little is clearly regarded as number one ruckman in country football.
"He was in the team last time when he was playing for Tatura in the Goulburn Valley Football League and he has been just as good since joining the BFL," Ward said.
"And Edwards very much deserved to be in to make up for the disappointment of missing last time, when he missed because of a hamstring injury.
"We're disappointed for a few guys who would have deserved to be in the team and would have given good account of themselves.
"Players like Shane Hutchinson, Brad Miller and Nathan Blomeley should have walked into that side.
"There is a surprising amount of focus on Ovens & Murray and Goulburn Valley players because, I think, of the reputation of those leagues in the past. I think the selectors do concentrate on the north eastern leagues, perhaps
at our expense."
Seven players from the Ovens & Murray league, and four from the Goulburn Valley league, have been named in the squad.
The Ballarat region will also be represented in Division Two, with two Lexton Plains and one Central Highlands players selected for the VCFL District team.
Tom Blackford (Rokewood/Corindhap) and Steve Ross (Natte-Bealiba) will represent the LPFL, while Dunnstown's Rhys Cahir has had the call up from the CHFL, to take on Queensland and an Aboriginal All Stars team.
"We're thrilled from a Lexton Plains point of view to have two players running around in that competition," Ward said. The Australian Country Football Championships conclude with finals on Sunday.

BFL snubbed with only two players in state side

21/07/2008 11:31:00 PM
THE BALLARAT Football League has been snubbed by VCFL selectors, with just two BFL players called up for the Australian Country Football Championships to be played in Shepparton from Thursday.
Redan prime mover Jarrod Edwards and Sunbury big man Tim Little have been named in the 24-player squad to represent Victoria in division one against teams from Western Australia, South Australia, the ACT and New South
Wales.
The pair were selected after being among the RegionalOne BFL's best at the VCFL country championships in Shepparton nearly two months ago.
BFL chief executive Rod Ward was pleased Edwards and Little had made the squad but said there were a number of other BFL players who should also have been considered.
"Tim Little is clearly regarded as number one ruckman in country football.
"He was in the team last time when he was playing for Tatura in the Goulburn Valley Football League and he has been just as good since joining the BFL," Ward said.
"And Edwards very much deserved to be in to make up for the disappointment of missing last time, when he missed because of a hamstring injury.
"We're disappointed for a few guys who would have deserved to be in the team and would have given good account of themselves.
"Players like Shane Hutchinson, Brad Miller and Nathan Blomeley should have walked into that side.
"There is a surprising amount of focus on Ovens & Murray and Goulburn Valley players because, I think, of the reputation of those leagues in the past. I think the selectors do concentrate on the north eastern leagues, perhaps
at our expense."
Seven players from the Ovens & Murray league, and four from the Goulburn Valley league, have been named in the squad.
The Ballarat region will also be represented in Division Two, with two Lexton Plains and one Central Highlands players selected for the VCFL District team.
Tom Blackford (Rokewood/Corindhap) and Steve Ross (Natte-Bealiba) will represent the LPFL, while Dunnstown's Rhys Cahir has had the call up from the CHFL, to take on Queensland and an Aboriginal All Stars team.
"We're thrilled from a Lexton Plains point of view to have two players running around in that competition," Ward said. The Australian Country Football Championships conclude with finals on Sunday.

Well done to Jezz and Timmy.

Did Miller train for this as he is very stiff not to get a spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back