Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was hoping somebody from Redan could give me a run down on brendan Hyndman. What sort of player is he? Did he play is the seniors last year and did he play in the grand final?

The Devils had a good hit out last night at Darley park against Bell Park.
Looked really impresive with the run and look to be a well drilled unit this year under the new coach. Darley ended up winning by about 3 goals, A couple of new guys had a run and looked really handy. Marcus Hastings and Brad Glass i think his name was.
When is that guy they call Rissotto gona play again?

Had the pleasure of seeing the Marsh train last night. One week out from round one and they are still doing cardio work like it is preseason. Didn't even pick up a football.

Pathetic.

Well I can say that your completely wrong and the guys have touched the footy every training session.
Why make up these kind of lies?? Really school holidays finished last week didn't they??? :rolleyes:
From my humble opinion Dion has been great and leaves no stone unturned as far as fitness preparation and game day info is concerned.
I think we will surprise a few people this year. Hopefully our easy beats of the passed few years will give some sides some real headaches.

The Devils had a good hit out last night at Darley park against Bell Park.
Looked really impresive with the run and look to be a well drilled unit this year under the new coach. Darley ended up winning by about 3 goals, A couple of new guys had a run and looked really handy. Marcus Hastings and Brad Glass i think his name was.

saw some of that game looked pretty steady the devils
interesting to see Deckett as full foward structure the last hit out with him as a key focus up forward yet he has not lodged a clearence ???
whats the go there noddy

saw some of that game looked pretty steady the devils
interesting to see Deckett as full foward structure the last hit out with him as a key focus up forward yet he has not lodged a clearence ???
whats the go there noddy
Clearance done Saturday, the big lad faces two of his many ex clubs in the first 2 rounds.

I think they've actually given up on clearing Deckert. Rumour has it that an extra staff member had to be employed just to cope with the seven or eight clearances that they receive from Deckert every season.

Who is Deckert, what type of player, does he go good, is this another for Darley, sounds like they have made some really good signings in the end, what club or league was he playing at?

Preparations for all sides completed, finally boys the season is starting for many of you, bet you are all excited, good luck to all of you this year.

For me, with no games played since the grand final, nothing has made me change my mind from East and Redan dictating terms again this season.

Good luck to everyone chasing them though, hopefully it is a very even and competitive year for all 10 teams.:thumbsu:

Who is Deckert, what type of player, does he go good, is this another for Darley, sounds like they have made some really good signings in the end, what club or league was he playing at?

Preparations for all sides completed, finally boys the season is starting for many of you, bet you are all excited, good luck to all of you this year.

For me, with no games played since the grand final, nothing has made me change my mind from East and Redan dictating terms again this season.

Good luck to everyone chasing them though, hopefully it is a very even and competitive year for all 10 teams.:thumbsu:

Big Shaun has had a chequered past and was recently a premiership player in Torquay's flag last year. Can play either end and adds some size & aggression to the young devils. Played juniors at the club and is back committed to playing good footy.

Round 1 is now upon us.

all those posts over the preseason about who is good/bad will now be found out.

who play's who this week?

I just hope that East dont win it.

Darley vs Melton south first up must be a rod ward special to add spice to the competition.

Big Shaun has had a chequered past and was recently a premiership player in Torquay's flag last year. Can play either end and adds some size & aggression to the young devils. Played juniors at the club and is back committed to playing good footy.

Round 1 is now upon us.

all those posts over the preseason about who is good/bad will now be found out.

who play's who this week?

I just hope that East dont win it.

Darley vs Melton south first up must be a rod ward special to add spice to the competition.
I'm with you Vinnie, we dont like to see weak clubs that merge do any good. Hopefully the Grand Final is closer this year and they get done by a point.

Were Sunbury worried last year when they lost 3 times to Darley? Or were Darley just better?

Darley made the Prelim - Sunbury didn't. End of the day Darley were better. But if you think you will get the same result this year you may be in for a bit of shock. Any thruth that 8 of your top 10 goal kickers from last year have left?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darley made the Prelim - Sunbury didn't. End of the day Darley were better. But if you think you will get the same result this year you may be in for a bit of shock. Any thruth that 8 of your top 10 goal kickers from last year have left?
8 out of 10 would probably be close, but 6 I can think of say Scoble, McMahon, McCabe, Parker, Cox, Cannard. Don't think any of the others that left would have been in top 10 goal kickers.
No one is thinking it will be the same result this year against the lions, we know we are up against it. But we thought the same thing this time last year.

End of the day LFC and KA, those results are in the bag, for anyone to beat Sunbury at Sunbury in a final is a terrific result and must prove that in 2006 Darley were a better side than the 2006 Sunbury.

There have been plenty of sides at the start of each year that noone rates because they lack so called name players that end up being very good teams because the lesser known ones step up. Look at East and Ballarat last year, Darley may have the core talent with miller and cape to re establish themselves as one of those teams this year.

i cant believe some of you blokes still refuse to rate east point. i think they did well lastr year considering it wall the first finals appearence for more then half the player let alone grand final.

east have got country guns mark phelps and grant wilson to free up guys like xavier bourke and adam symes to set play up from half back

last yrs grand final footy record rated easts mid field 9.5 of 10 forward line 9.5 and with this backline expect east to go 1 more this yr.

i cant believe some of you blokes still refuse to rate east point. i think they did well lastr year considering it wall the first finals appearence for more then half the player let alone grand final.

east have got country guns mark phelps and grant wilson to free up guys like xavier bourke and adam symes to set play up from half back

last yrs grand final footy record rated easts mid field 9.5 of 10 forward line 9.5 and with this backline expect east to go 1 more this yr.
hope not, merging dogs

hope not, merging dogs

I recall a few years back LFC that the Marsh and Darley were mighty close to merging, and the ones who knocked it back were the Marsh?

Darley were willing to sell out to get access to Maddingley Park and attempt to launch an assault on the BFL. Possibly a missed opportunity???

Good luck to East for taking the plunge and finally reaping the rewards.:thumbsu:

Prediction for tomorrow: Lakers to show a bit early, Redan to win tomorrow by 65 points, Fieldy best on accumulating 40.

Prediction for tomorrow: Lakers to show a bit early, Redan to win tomorrow by 65 points, Fieldy best on accumulating 40.

I dunno bout that mate Redan have lost a few good players. Have Redan Picked up anyone worthy??

And dont not rate the lakers this year the side wont be anything special like your redans, east points and sunburys but they will give a few sides a touch up and a run for there money!

I recall a few years back LFC that the Marsh and Darley were mighty close to merging, and the ones who knocked it back were the Marsh?

Darley were willing to sell out to get access to Maddingley Park and attempt to launch an assault on the BFL. Possibly a missed opportunity???

Good luck to East for taking the plunge and finally reaping the rewards.:thumbsu:
They have not reaped anything yet, the reward is a flag. Can't seem to remember them winning one!
Darley-Marsh merge was hogwash, some voted to, others didnt, in the end the others won.
Would have been one mighty side though, with plenty of green to flash around.

Thats something the Marsh could have only hoped for..Maybe at leatse the joke of a club could win more then two games a year... Not a chance Darley will ever merge.

Mate wake up to yourself what have darley done that the marsh havent i can guarantee you that the marsh will be improvers this year and win more than the two games that you have predicted and yes mate we will defeat darley!:thumbsu:

Mate wake up to yourself what have darley done that the marsh havent i can guarantee you that the marsh will be improvers this year and win more than the two games that you have predicted and yes mate we will defeat darley!:thumbsu:

no you wont.

Interesting selection as Captain at the Marsh also. Does he speak??? Great for Rohan Connors to be named as VC and is a young player to watch this season.

Let's turn it around and talk about some things that the Marsh have done that Darley haven't ...

I guess the big one that sticks out for me happened during the late 90's when Bacchus Marsh purchased themselves an untried coach and purchased themselves an entire team. While moderately successful in reaching a grand final, all their hired guns and mercenaries left the club financially broken and strapped for talent when they all realised what a toilet of a club it is and left.

The Marsh can only blame themselves and their past committee for the trouble they have found themselves in lately.

I mean getting smashed by your cross-town rival year after year must be awfully embarrassing.

*squeezes hands together*

Was at the game last night and thought that it was one really enjoyable game.
The best part was getting that weirdo who loves to play the drums whenever Redan get close to goal, evicted. :D

Great to see Redan have a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back