Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weeks game melton south v melton should be a ripper. always a big croud with loads of support from both teams croud, anybody got any views on who will take the 4 points. mates at the melton game last week said there young boys are stepping up any thoughts !!
Agree with you Hank, that is the worst thing I have read on here. Total lack of respect for the english language. The teachers at Melton have a lot to answer for.

This weeks game melton south v melton should be a ripper. always a big croud with loads of support from both teams croud, anybody got any views on who will take the 4 points. mates at the melton game last week said there young boys are stepping up any thoughts !!

South should destroy Melton and hopefully the crowd is bigger than the Darley vs South game. Thought that a few more people would have got there.

Should be some interesting results after this weeks rivalry round. get a better indication of where sides are at.

Went to a bit of East and Ballarat then the Melton South Darley clash saturday, impressed with the footy I saw for first game of the year. East minus Jordan still looked pretty sharp with their midfield dominating. Ballarat still lacking key defender but Nunn should help their structure.
Barring the crowd language and behaviour (lucky didnt have the family it was disgraceful) enjoyed the Melton South Darley clash. Both sides showed alot of commitment toward the ball and whilst I didnt think South were going to give up their lead after qtr time, Darley made a real game of it. Also impressed with both or should I say three new coaches, they seem to have their players on the right track playing a good brand.

What would be the biggest rivallry for this week. Redan seem to always have ballarat measure, Darley v Marsh, Melton v South, even East v Sunbury should be a big game after last years shananigans.

anyone got a report from the melton v marsh game on the weekend. how where the marshes recruits?

The game was ok, definately some positives for both sides, alot of mistakes made, mainly by the Marsh, but an entertaining and close game none the less. The Marsh hit the front on 2 occasions in the last qtr, but failed to stay there and went down by 10 points.

Recruits mainly did a good job with Nick Becker & DK? the best on the day, not sure, but I think Becker kicked 4 goals, West at CHF presented well but dropped too many marks, but a bit under done, Holt was reasonably quiet by his normally good standards, Leishman from Port Fairy was solid all day, but not a bad start considering these guys have only played together on one proper occasion and coming off our form over the past few seasons. A big fella from c/burn (Toby?) had a few touches as well, but probably didn't do enough to be in the best few.

Allan Hill was by far the best player for Melton and on the ground. The bloke must stink, because he had no one near him all day, something the Marsh failed to pick up on.

Don't remeber who posted the comment about because it was wet it would mean ballarat would only go down by 6 goals, what rubbish, it was dry all day and Fisher would be thanking his lucky stars that they got away with the win. Ballarat hit lead in the last and wasted lots of chances to go two kicks clear but couldn't nail them. East point looked out of it and if wasn't for Hutchy would of lost. Sure DJ wasn't playing but either was Nunn and Ryan Harris who is the best Young player in the comp. The ruck will be an issue but lets not talk any more rubbish about Ballarat

Don't remeber who posted the comment about because it was wet it would mean ballarat would only go down by 6 goals, what rubbish, it was dry all day and Fisher would be thanking his lucky stars that they got away with the win. Ballarat hit lead in the last and wasted lots of chances to go two kicks clear but couldn't nail them. East point looked out of it and if wasn't for Hutchy would of lost. Sure DJ wasn't playing but either was Nunn and Ryan Harris who is the best Young player in the comp. The ruck will be an issue but lets not talk any more rubbish about Ballarat

class prevailed in the end, and Ballarat lacked it. Interesting moment by Ballarat's number 3 's bizarre mishap at the most crucial stage of the game, when he tried to take a one-handed mark on the goal line instead of letting it go through. I hope he cops John Northey's furore.

class prevailed in the end, and Ballarat lacked it. Interesting moment by Ballarat's number 3 's bizarre mishap at the most crucial stage of the game, when he tried to take a one-handed mark on the goal line instead of letting it go through. I hope he cops John Northey's furore.

Yes that was indeed a brain melt by Lukey Kennelly, he stuffed up moments earlier on the wing too which wasn't great cause I thought he was pretty good up untill then. Ballarat have got some good midfielders with him, Anderson, Finn, Baker etc. They matched in well enough with Hutchy, BJ, Faull, and co on the weekend, big test this weekend against Field, Edwards, Dwyer, Blomely....

Anderson, Finn, Baker, Harris, Battistello, Kennelly
Field, Edwards, Dwyer, Blomely, Clohesy
BJ, Faull, Hutchy, banwell, Phelps

Pretty even this year, Redan you would think be stronger but with no peace I feel there back in the pack this year.

East were probably 50% going in there midfield satdy so beware when they hit there straps. Still merging dogs though!

Originally Posted by cockroach
was at the game good hard footy by both sides played in good spirit
the only thing the ceo pumped up was the crowds
shocking some of the abuse to players on the night
did notice in the pocket
some Darley faithful bagging sutton and macmarn and the great ceo in on the action maybe he to got sucked into the emotions:thumbsdown:
poor form

Not right Coackroach. I spent a large part of the night with the CEO and he did not open his gob at any stage, or get involved in any abuse (rare for him). I spoke to him this morning and he could not believe that such a blatant and inaccurate post was made. He actually walked away from from the group where the comments were coming from because he realised that people would think he was part of it, when he obviously wasn't. :cool:
is the league acting on the behaviour of the crowd if it was such a disgrace?:rolleyes:

Stanleyy, just curious.. you wouldnt happen to have been a former attendee of Ballarat and Clarendon College would you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is the league acting on the behaviour of the crowd if it was such a disgrace?:rolleyes:
I didn't think it was that bad, and I stood at times with both Darley & South supporters. I reckon I've been to 50 BFL games where the off field behaviour was worse than that. True some comments were harsh, but the language was not as disgraceful as previousely posted on here. Don't think any team was worse than the other.
What can the league do? Apart from employ more toy cop security guards. Can they fine a club? And who has the say in how bad it was, and compared to what? Don't think it will happen.

I didn't think it was that bad, and I stood at times with both Darley & South supporters. I reckon I've been to 50 BFL games where the off field behaviour was worse than that. True some comments were harsh, but the language was not as disgraceful as previousely posted on here. Don't think any team was worse than the other.
What can the league do? Apart from employ more toy cop security guards. Can they fine a club? And who has the say in how bad it was, and compared to what? Don't think it will happen.

Agree with you there LFC. Sure there are games where emotion and alcohol can produce some fairly colourful language and comments but that is what country footy is about! The league cant fine clubs for supporters comments surely? Agree that some comments push the boundaries and prob not great for kids to hear but...toughen up, crowd interaction makes footy a better spectacle IMO

I posted. This was a pretty ordinary scrappy game. Agree Hutchy was this difference along with the men with the whistle. Funnily enough I actually think you might even beat Redan this week if field and edwards dont play. with Caldow back with roosters you have know ruckman. good luck.
Other games - Melton to win who have would over M/ sth, East over sunbury in a tight one, Lakers just over sebas and Darley to beat the Cobras & redan by 4 goals.
Think I got them all correct last week.

I posted. This was a pretty ordinary scrappy game. Agree Hutchy was this difference along with the men with the whistle. Funnily enough I actually think you might even beat Redan this week if field and edwards dont play. with Caldow back with roosters you have know ruckman. good luck.
Other games - Melton to win who have would over M/ sth, East over sunbury in a tight one, Lakers just over sebas and Darley to beat the Cobras & redan by 4 goals.
Think I got them all correct last week.
Sth v Melton - Don't rate Sth that highly, but they are better than Melton
Sunbury v East - Because Fisher is hopeless & no DJ
Sebas v Lakers - They are a little less ordinary than Lakers
Darley v Marsh - Marsh are improved, Darley should still get over the line
Redan v Ballarat - Ballarat are overated

I agree with most of your Selections
Sth V Melton - Much of a Muchness
Sunbury V East - East didn't Impress me much against Ballarat. Fisher is woeful. But at least when playing, he can't stuff them up from the coaches box. With Jordan missing i can't see them getting up
Sebas V Lakers - Both quite ordinary sides. Should be a nil-all draw
Darley V Marsh - Hopefully Marsh have improved, but they'll still struggle big time this year
Ballarat V Redan - The Swans need to prove themselves as contenders. At the moment they still haven't done much to warrant themselves as a force. A good match against the reigning premiers will help their cause. Home Ground helps

I actually agree with what you guys are saying for tipping this week however it is very difficult to rate anyone as yet.
There has been 1 round of football. however going from last weeks games, East didnt have a 150 goal FF, Redan had 4 or 5 out, Ballarat had their key fwd out, Sunbury and Melton South apparently had half a dozen to more out each including their best onballers at both clubs, Melton did not have Button their key fwd, Darley didnt have their best player in cape and a couple of others to.
Very difficult to judge any team at the minute.

South easy over Melton
Sunbury will beat East at home - will be good to see if both sides the real deal.
Lakers will beat sebas - not as bad as people think
Darley to beat the marsh
Ballarat if field & edwards dont play as rumoured.

South easy over Melton
Sunbury will beat East at home - will be good to see if both sides the real deal.
Lakers will beat sebas - not as bad as people think
Darley to beat the marsh
Ballarat if field & edwards dont play as rumoured.
South -Too strong
East - Hope sunbury though
Lakers/Sebas - Draw
Darley - Easy
Ballarat - Just, report was Edwards won't play at alfredton last night.

Don't think so mate, he hasn't trained all week, i don't think he is due until next week. Will be very handy when he does come back though!!
'

Rumours had it that dj will be flying back in on friday night there would be no chance he would be pulling on the boots to play the next day, would there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back