Banning Lollies?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think its was a master stroke by the English.

Sneaky and smart if you ask me, they have learnt from past experiences where they realised dirt in the pocket doesnt work so they became creative, they should have been given the Ashes just on this effort alone.

Lolly manufacturers around the world will be rubbing their hands together at the cash bonanza they are about to reap. As junior cricketing clubs around the world will be trying their luck with the suck, spit and polish method. I wouldnt even be suprised to see large sponsorships being issued to professional players.

It's all good for the game :thumbsu:

Now Bracken must apologise for speaking the truth....

Link

Reverse swing certainly assisted the english bowlers, but it shows that australians didn't prepare themselves enough for the series.

Some of the worst batting performances i've seen for the last 5 years, throw in an out of form opener, only 2 form bowlers and a few injuries were the big factors why we lost.

But, lets move on. Some people sounding as bad as west coast supporters... :D

WA commentators going on about it now "I've got a breath mint- my mouth will reverse swing this afternoon." We didn't lose the Ashes because of lollies- we lost because our batsmen didn't put together partnerships, and because we had 1 and 1/2 bowlers....

LIONS then DAYLIGHT said:
What about Flintoff clawing at the ball, you guys on TMS said that CH 4 kept a camera on Flintoff the whole day to see how you got the ball to swing

They caught him red-handed clawing at one side of the ball

That idiot simon hughes asked freddie about it and they both laughed it off

ITS ALL COMING OUT NOW :mad: :mad:

You're jumping up and down crapping on about some 'evidence' that no one else seems to have seen....if Freddy clawed at the ball, the umpires would know, the camera's would be on it and Australia would be jumping up and down squealing like the little girls they are. Nothing's ever been said in the public. You also carry on like being able to reverse swing a cricket ball is the most ridiculous cheating the game has ever seen........please enlighten us on how there was cheating?
You need to get over the loss buddy...

The Legendary RB said:
Funny how Warne was spotted at Old Trafford with mints down his socks wasn't it? And doesn't he do some ball shining for Australia????

It is pretty inconclusive, no evidence, but if it is happening, Everyones at it!

The brand from what I saw in pokeing out of Warnes sock looked like, Trebor Extra Strong.

Trebor1.jpg

so are these the brand he was talking about? could come in handy ;)

Anyone who attempts to use this as a way of excusing or explaining the ashes loss is a very very sad individual.

It got me thinking though, if sugar and water does the trick, and the rules prohibit the use of any 'non natural secretion', isn't there a bit of a loophole there regarding a certain naturally secreted substance predominately consisting of water + sugary proteins?

What I'm suggesting is this, a practice that could revolutionise the art of swing bowling and ball tampering as we know it- It should be possible to to reverse swing a ball with a careful application of a coat of semen!

If that is the case, for the love of god can we not ban cough lollies? I for one don't want to see Simon Jones jam the ball down his pants and 'shine' it vigorously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uhumagoo said:
We might have lost the ashes, but this thread is evidenece that we did at least come home with the "Whingers" title firmly in our grasp.

We've been the undisputed World Heavyweight titleholders in that department for quite a few years now.

In fact, it's become so ingrained into our culture nowadays that the first thought that rushes through the head of the prototypical Aussie sports fan after any non-success is "who can I blame?"

GhostofJimJess said:
We've been the undisputed World Heavyweight titleholders in that department for quite a few years now.

In fact, it's become so ingrained into our culture nowadays that the first thought that rushes through the head of the prototypical Aussie sports fan after any non-success is "who can I blame?"
Spot on, the one sport austrlia were better than everyone else at and England stroll in and take it away from them and they're bleeding. Typical whinging Aussies. They have no other sport that they can call themselves the world beaters at, so when a team takes up to them and beat them there's no other sport to fall back on....and the result is all the whinging from the Aussies you see on here.

Renegade said:
Spot on, the one sport austrlia were better than everyone else at and England stroll in and take it away from them and they're bleeding. Typical whinging Aussies. They have no other sport that they can call themselves the world beaters at, so when a team takes up to them and beat them there's no other sport to fall back on....and the result is all the whinging from the Aussies you see on here.

Mate, I disaggre, we are in general better at sport than England.

Our cricketing history is prestigous and really England wouldn't hold a candle to our history and future :D

Renegade said:

Unlike the poms who finally win something of meaning and you cant bloody shut them up about it for years to come even when its all done and dusted and they are no longer any bloody good !!!

Renegade said:
Hahaha, oh thats gold. We are still the world champions, we lost in India in 2001 and they didnt become world champs, so why should you guys become world champs after beating us in 2005?

Sports to fall back on? Hahahaha oh the irony. So hows the England rugby team going? You guys jump bandwagons so often its not funny.

YOTC said:
Hahaha, oh thats gold. We are still the world champions, we lost in India in 2001 and they didnt become world champs, so why should you guys become world champs after beating us in 2005?

Sports to fall back on? Hahahaha oh the irony. So hows the England rugby team going? You guys jump bandwagons so often its not funny.
Don't recall saying we were world champions....but hey, dont let that stop you making it up. English rugby team...hmm correct me if i'm wrong but we're still World Cup champions. Slapped you across your face on you're own soil....glad you brought it back up...
wilkinson.jpg

Renegade said:
Don't recall saying we were world champions....but hey, dont let that stop you making it up. English rugby team...hmm correct me if i'm wrong but we're still World Cup champions. Slapped you across your face on you're own soil....glad you brought it back up...
wilkinson.jpg
But how are they going recently? 7 losses in 10 matches or something?

You are still world champs, but not for long. Sth Africa all the way ;)

Renegade said:
wilkinson.jpg

and thats exactly what I'm talking about

1 significant win in the history of the sport, (you could actually throw that over any sport they participate in) no good ever since but they still manage to make it sound like they are the best country ever to have played the game.

but dont tell them any different because then they will tell you your a bunch of whingers, bad sports or sore losers but hey in their favour they can spot a whinge a mile away as they are the best in the world at something.

typical pommy crap. wouldnt know what the word consistent means if it bit them on their backside, they would rather celebrate the win for the next 25 years

If Australia had won the Ashes this year you would still be rubbing it in.

Australia are a great sporting nation, very passionate about their sport. That cannot be taken away from you but unfortunatly there is a big problem in your sporting culture when it comes to losing.

No one is making out England are the best country to ever play the game, if you think that you are badly misinterpreting it. We are just very happy that we have beaten a great, and still great, side like Australia. We are well within our rights to rub it in your faces like you have been doing to us for years.

You dish it out, can't take it in return. :rolleyes:

The Legendary RB said:
If Australia had won the Ashes this year you would still be rubbing it in.

Australia are a great sporting nation, very passionate about their sport. That cannot be taken away from you but unfortunatly there is a big problem in your sporting culture when it comes to losing.

No one is making out England are the best country to ever play the game, if you think that you are badly misinterpreting it. We are just very happy that we have beaten a great, and still great, side like Australia. We are well within our rights to rub it in your faces like you have been doing to us for years.

Dish it out, can't take it. :rolleyes:

pot kettle black

another typical english comeback, palm it off because your $hit doesnt stink, your country in sport over history is plain average yet your mob have the gall to take the ******** out of a country who seem to excel in most sports, yet when we happen to fail your lot are the first to critise.

Jealousy at its best right there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banning Lollies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back