Barassi Line GF

Remove this Banner Ad

No Victorian team - nor a traditional Aussie Rules heartland state like Tasmania, Western Australia nor South Australia - in this year's Grand Final.

The proverbial Barassi Line has been breached in 2024, and 2 non-traditional Aussie Rules will contest the Grand Final.
Last I checked south Melbourne and Fitzroy were foundation vfl clubs????

Last I checked south Melbourne and Fitzroy were foundation vfl clubs????

You're quite special aren't you Dirty Bird ?

Yes, South Melbourne and Fitzroy both played in the a Grand Final - what is the fricken thread about though?? - The Barassi Line - i.e. it will be a Grand Final between two team who are based in the NRL heartland.

Well done on completely missing the point though Big Shooter!

No Victorian team - nor a traditional Aussie Rules heartland state like Tasmania, Western Australia nor South Australia - in this year's Grand Final.

The proverbial Barassi Line has been breached in 2024, and 2 non-traditional Aussie Rules will contest the Grand Final.

What do you mean non-Vic team? It's South Melbourne up against Fitzroy! ;)

Trivia question:

Next week's GF is the first time in the AFL era that the losing grand finalists from the past two seasons will play off in the Grand Final. When was the previous occasion?
Hawthorn Carlton 87?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume Sydney will wear their home kit. Do Brisbane have to wear that terrible mostly-gold clash jumper, or would their home jumper with white shorts be enough of a contrast with Sydney's red and white?
It interesting, the Swans wear a mostly white jumper (red V) when playing away to Brisbane, but both wear their standard home kit when the Swans host.

I'm guessing both will be in their home guernsey next week. Not really any clash to speak of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Barassi Line GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back