Live Event Bathwater VS Gill's Love Child

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pleasure, maybe your campaigners choked after you had a 14 point lead in the last quarter...:rolleyes:
All is forgiven after that post TB.

Enjoy your weekend

Glad you asked.

Let me tell you a story...

The reason why I support Footscray goes back four generations of my family. Hard pricks that worked the docks, went to the pub afterwards, then went to their next shift. My surname is engraved on the life members board - something I have held close to my heart throughout my life

This continued when my father moved from Williamstown to god's country in Reservoir (lol) in pursuit of a new life, which ended him up in a much more enhanced lifestyle on Greensborough

When I was 10, I witnessed "'97". By that time, I was old enough to respect the gravity of our situation only 8 years prior, understand the history of what this club meant - cede nullius - and own pretty much every VHS tape of EJ doing EJ stuff

'97 hurt like hell, at the end of '98, i vowed never to watch another prelim subaru

That did well for me in the late '00's, where I would have literally have killed someone

This year... I dunno... I was contemplating how I would avoid the match through whatever distraction I conjoined up

But I couldn't avoid this - I don't know why. Was it the fact that a stupid amount of my brethren went up? Was it the fact that this team is the hardest, toughest, most "could not give a shit" side I've ever seen?

But I glad I did

The last time I cried was last week, before that, I reckon it would have been around '97, but tonight I bawled my eyes out - no shame

I get to experience what every single one of my friends has felt in their lifetime (yes, even Richmond fans), and although I know that surely we have nothing left in the tank, at least for 6 days I get to dream

GWS - you are magnificent. We shall meet again, and it will be as beautiful to watch as tonight was

Adios, bay

We were out on our feet too.

Insane game

Very happy for you guys. Enjoy.

One of my housemates thought I was having a heart attack, cause I was hollering and swearing so loudly in that last quarter. Oh man, that was my favourite Prelim Final since 1999 :)
And mine since 2000.

Well that allows us to get rid of a few fatheads and give Patfull back to Brizzy.
Then we must fit in another couple of No1 draft picks.

We are not geelong/hawthorn/adelaide/pooort sooks.
Beaten by a better team and no complaints.

The most biased commentating ive ever heard in my life and then the lopsided free kick count in a 6 point game. Id like to say well done Dogs but i just dont mean it, we played like shit had no 50/50 calls and lost by a kick. Go swans.

I feel better now. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad you asked.

Let me tell you a story...

The reason why I support Footscray goes back four generations of my family. Hard pricks that worked the docks, went to the pub afterwards, then went to their next shift. My surname is engraved on the life members board - something I have held close to my heart throughout my life

This continued when my father moved from Williamstown to god's country in Reservoir (lol) in pursuit of a new life, which ended him up in a much more enhanced lifestyle on Greensborough

When I was 10, I witnessed "'97". By that time, I was old enough to respect the gravity of our situation only 8 years prior, understand the history of what this club meant - cede nullius - and own pretty much every VHS tape of EJ doing EJ stuff

'97 hurt like hell, at the end of '98, i vowed never to watch another prelim subaru

That did well for me in the late '00's, where I would have literally have killed someone

This year... I dunno... I was contemplating how I would avoid the match through whatever distraction I conjoined up

But I couldn't avoid this - I don't know why. Was it the fact that a stupid amount of my brethren went up? Was it the fact that this team is the hardest, toughest, most "could not give a shit" side I've ever seen?

But I glad I did

The last time I cried was last week, before that, I reckon it would have been around '97, but tonight I bawled my eyes out - no shame

I get to experience what every single one of my friends has felt in their lifetime (yes, even Richmond fans), and although I know that surely we have nothing left in the tank, at least for 6 days I get to dream

GWS - you are magnificent. We shall meet again, and it will be as beautiful to watch as tonight was

Adios, bay
Just looked back and saw this post, I cried on the way home from the airport and you just made me cry again. How could you not love football when things like this come along.
Unfortunately I couldnt watch it but the call on SEN was superb..so so emotional.
Heartbreaking for Murph, gut wrenching stuff.
No matter what happens from here you're in for a really fun week and then incredible joy or incredible pain..I actually don't envy you.

Last edited:
Please. Courage to post on an Internet forum?
You've been tagged a billion times but haven't had the guts to face the music here until now.

S'OK mate, I know the Tom Boyd thread must be scary for someone who tries so hard to defend him on the mainbored. :$

The king has returned

pop-up-sprinkler-t-100-6a3ec1b6.jpg

Christ now we will have another week of Darcy, old hipster Bob Murphy and Dougie Hawkins talking up the Brave Bulldogs,
I get it - it'll suck being the only Vic team left on one premiership. You'll just have to be #sobrave and suck it up.

Or, perhaps you'll be going for Plugger's old club, the Bloods, in which case I hope you lose also.

You've been tagged a billion times but haven't had the guts to face the music here until now.

S'OK mate, I know the Tom Boyd thread must be scary for someone who tries so hard to defend him on the mainbored. :$

He called me an idiot for saying that Rhys Stanley was better than Liam Jones, then went very quiet when Stanley went for pick 21 and Jones for 47.

Liam Jones can't even get a game for a rabble like Carlton while Stanley was getting regular games for a top 4 team.

I get it - it'll suck being the only Vic team left on one premiership.
And the second longest current Premiership drought.

I feel sorry for whoever has the longest current Premiership drought if the Dogs get up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back