Battrick

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a hell of a throwback aha. Is battrick still around?
Big time! I lost my team eventually, but signed up again a couple of years ago, and have enjoyed the process.

Get into it, friend!

Big time! I lost my team eventually, but signed up again a couple of years ago, and have enjoyed the process.

Get into it, friend!

Alright took me a couple months but I found a night that I was bored enough and made a team.

I can't believe how similar the website looks. Barely changed in a decade!

Any major changes I should know? Or cheat sheets on training etc, I can't remember the finer details on how many nets to assign to each player and how long they take to move up a level (did we have a word for that?).

Alright took me a couple months but I found a night that I was bored enough and made a team.

I can't believe how similar the website looks. Barely changed in a decade!

Any major changes I should know? Or cheat sheets on training etc, I can't remember the finer details on how many nets to assign to each player and how long they take to move up a level (did we have a word for that?).
Mate, this is exactly where I was when I joined again. The site actually looked exactly the same until a month or two after I joined. Now it just looks pretty much the same.

You've joined at an interesting time, because for the first time in absolutely forever, there's actually some development happening. There's a new match engine, and training has just changed (slightly) as of this season. It means that training times have changed (I think it's harder to train secondaries (concentration/consistency) when young), and team fielding/team stamina nets are available. Everybody is trying to work it out still, but the differences shouldn't be too big.

The word you're looking for is "pop".

Chuck your squad up and we can look at nets etc. (I'm no expert, but had to re-learn everything like you are at the moment!).

Mate, this is exactly where I was when I joined again. The site actually looked exactly the same until a month or two after I joined. Now it just looks pretty much the same.

You've joined at an interesting time, because for the first time in absolutely forever, there's actually some development happening. There's a new match engine, and training has just changed (slightly) as of this season. It means that training times have changed (I think it's harder to train secondaries (concentration/consistency) when young), and team fielding/team stamina nets are available. Everybody is trying to work it out still, but the differences shouldn't be too big.

Chuck your squad up and we can look at nets etc. (I'm no expert, but had to re-learn everything like you are at the moment!).
I didn't know training had changed but it explains why my secondaries are moving much slower than that should be. I'm seeing around 1.5 times what my spreadsheet has been predicting.
This kinda messes up my rebuild a bit.

I'll have to check out the forums to find out more.

I didn't know training had changed but it explains why my secondaries are moving much slower than that should be. I'm seeing around 1.5 times what my spreadsheet has been predicting.
This kinda messes up my rebuild a bit.

I'll have to check out the forums to find out more.
That's pretty bang on, I think. I only know because I train almost exclusively for the U19 team, and there's been a bit of chat about it.

Hahaha pop thats the one! Ah the memories. Can't believe how into it we were back in the Stick Cricket days. Jeez it's gone quickly.

My entire team is basically comp/comp. I fired everyone that was less than mediocre in a skill. Bid on a couple players that were resp and going for <10k but wasn't paying enough attention to when it ended and missed them.

Got pretty lucky with my first youth pull I think.

Ed Smart - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,731, Wage=£1,040
A steady RH batter and a defensive RFM bowler.
He has feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.
He favours Green Pitches but has no trait.
He currently has mediocre batting form, proficient bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina:woefulWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:respectableConcentration:competent
Bowling:worthlessConsistency:feeble
Fielding:woeful

Also got this guy as a starter:

Timothy Nethercott - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,294, Wage=£754
A cautious RH batter and a defensive RF bowler.
He has respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.
He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, proficient bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina:competentWicket Keeping:abysmal
Batting:competentConcentration:competent
Bowling:mediocreConsistency:competent

It's pretty late in the season though isn't it. Should I hold onto my ITS until next season or pump out another YP. I only got 21 ITS currently and not sure whether putting 20k a week into it is the finanically responsible thing at this point.

Hahaha pop thats the one! Ah the memories. Can't believe how into it we were back in the Stick Cricket days. Jeez it's gone quickly.

My entire team is basically comp/comp. I fired everyone that was less than mediocre in a skill. Bid on a couple players that were resp and going for <10k but wasn't paying enough attention to when it ended and missed them.

Got pretty lucky with my first youth pull I think.

Ed Smart - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,731, Wage=£1,040
A steady RH batter and a defensive RFM bowler.
He has feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.
He favours Green Pitches but has no trait.
He currently has mediocre batting form, proficient bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina:woefulWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:respectableConcentration:competent
Bowling:worthlessConsistency:feeble

Also got this guy as a starter:

Timothy Nethercott - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,294, Wage=£754
A cautious RH batter and a defensive RF bowler.
He has respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.
He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, proficient bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina:competentWicket Keeping:abysmal
Batting:competentConcentration:competent
Bowling:mediocreConsistency:competent

It's pretty late in the season though isn't it. Should I hold onto my ITS until next season or pump out another YP. I only got 21 ITS currently and not sure whether putting 20k a week into it is the finanically responsible thing at this point.
Yeah, Smart is great. You loading up on nets?

The YP system is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game IMO, but it's hit and miss financially. You could probably get reasonably good trainees early next season for not that much, though not investing also means you miss the chance of pulling a monster (and either training or making a fortune).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Smart is great. You loading up on nets?

The YP system is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game IMO, but it's hit and miss financially. You could probably get reasonably good trainees early next season for not that much, though not investing also means you miss the chance of pulling a monster (and either training or making a fortune).

He's on 2 bat at the moment. What do you recommend?

Depends how many nets you have free, but personally I'd go something like 3 bat/1 stam/1 field.
Yeah, I'd throw a fair bit into him.

After that you can do one of two things.
1. Throw a lot into another 17yo to build him up, but don't go too overboard unless you think he'll be a long term player over others you'll buy or pull over the next few seasons.
2. Put one primary net into existing players until they pop, just to give your current squad a bit of a boost in quality to make your team more competitive against your opposition.

Check that. This guy is the one you want to put nets into as a priority. Unless you want to sell him for profit, but being late in the season he won't hold as much sale value as he would have earlier in the season.

1680922566606.png

That felt quick! I haven't really been tracking though.

A shame I legit can barely find any support, all my YP's have been dirt and everyone I've bid on has finished at some useless time so I'm struggling to even rotate players from my best 11 lol.

All 3 leagues are full of bots this season. Might be a bit boring sadly.

My current starting XI below. Would like an all-rounder at some point.

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: wonderful
Batting: miraculous Concentration: elite
Bowling: woeful Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: competent

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exquisite Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: quality
Batting: phenomenal Concentration: elite
Bowling: woeful Consistency: quality
Fielding: feeble

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exceptional Concentration: superb
Bowling: feeble Consistency: worthless

Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exceptional Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: superb

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: remarkable

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: sensational Consistency: quality

Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: superb
Fielding: respectable

Bowling: wonderful Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: worthless

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: exquisite

Bloody hell how many seasons is that? I wish I screenshotted my 11 before losing my first team. I saved a few of my fave players but can't remember what the overall quality looked like. Don't think I ever got a player to elite in anything either.

Bloody hell how many seasons is that? I wish I screenshotted my 11 before losing my first team. I saved a few of my fave players but can't remember what the overall quality looked like. Don't think I ever got a player to elite in anything either.
My memory says your team (and my old team) would have been something like what I posted above. I re-joined a touch over three years ago, so something like 11 seasons, I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Battrick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back