Battrick

Remove this Banner Ad

Glenn Robbins - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,632, Wage=£851
A steady LH batter and a cautious LH finger spin bowler.
He has feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina:woefulWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:respectableConcentration:respectable
Bowling:worthlessConsistency:worthless
Fielding:feeble

Well Glenn makes me more interested in the game :D

$850 wage so a bit of prof but I'll take it.

Now what to do with my nets.

Great name, too!

What's your net setup currently?

Sorry barely had a chance to look at the game last couple weeks. I'm thinking 3 bat 1 field 1 stam for Robbins and 2 bat for Smart? Team stamina and fielding maybe?

But then I have no bowlers getting trained. (I just got Geary to prof bowling which I'm content with I think).

Got the team 'Chewbacca Defence' in my BT20 league. Wasn't he a legendary BT team back in the day?

Sorry barely had a chance to look at the game last couple weeks. I'm thinking 3 bat 1 field 1 stam for Robbins and 2 bat for Smart? Team stamina and fielding maybe?

But then I have no bowlers getting trained. (I just got Geary to prof bowling which I'm content with I think).

Got the team 'Chewbacca Defence' in my BT20 league. Wasn't he a legendary BT team back in the day?
Sounds good to me.

Chewbacca - I don't recall personally, but that's probably the case. Still a bunch of teams kicking around from ~2005/06.

So I can remember approximately when these guys popped...

Ed Smart - 18 yo, BT Rating=10,904, Wage=£1,522
A steady RH batter and a defensive RFM bowler.
He favours Green Pitches but has no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, woeful bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina:mediocreWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:superbConcentration:competent
Bowling:worthlessConsistency:feeble

Glenn Robbins - 17 yo, BT Rating=9,145, Wage=£851
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Batting:proficientConcentration:respectable
Fielding:mediocre

Smart hasn't had one secondary pop is that standard? Had a field net the whole time I think.

So I can remember approximately when these guys popped...

Ed Smart - 18 yo, BT Rating=10,904, Wage=£1,522
He currently has superb batting form, woeful bowling form and lively fitness.
Batting:superbConcentration:competent
Bowling:worthlessConsistency:feeble

Glenn Robbins - 17 yo, BT Rating=9,145, Wage=£851
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Batting:proficientConcentration:respectable

Smart hasn't had one secondary pop is that standard? Had a field net the whole time I think.
It wouldn't have been, until very recently. Changes over the last few months now mean that secondaries pop glacially slowly.

They're looking good!

What is this? An online cricket captain/coach?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, basically. It's free to play - give it a go!

It's one of those things where you could spend five minutes a fortnight on it, or an hour every day - it's up to you. You have a squad that you manage through training and games (FC, OD, T20). It's a slow burn but good fun.

I haven't logged in in a while, but here's an update:

Glenn Robbins - 18 yo, BT Rating=14,276, Wage=£2,128
He has feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has abysmal batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina:respectableWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:strongConcentration:proficient
Fielding:respectable

Ed Smart - 19 yo, BT Rating=17,563, Wage=£5,041
He currently has competent batting form, strong bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina:competentWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:qualityConcentration:competent
Bowling:worthlessConsistency:mediocre
Fielding:competent

Still no secondary pop for Smart! Ha.

I might ease the nets off Smart and try to train up a bowler this season. Thoughts?

I haven't logged in in a while, but here's an update:

Glenn Robbins - 18 yo, BT Rating=14,276, Wage=£2,128
He currently has abysmal batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina:respectableWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:strongConcentration:proficient
Fielding:respectable

Ed Smart - 19 yo, BT Rating=17,563, Wage=£5,041
He currently has competent batting form, strong bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina:competentWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:qualityConcentration:competent
Fielding:competent

Still no secondary pop for Smart! Ha.

I might ease the nets off Smart and try to train up a bowler this season. Thoughts?
I'm no expert but from what I'm hearing, there's limited impact from a third primary net these days, and basically no impact from a fourth.

I'd consider something like:

Robbins: 1 stam, 2 bat, 1 field
Smart: 1 bat
New bowler: 1 stam, 2 bowl, 1 field
And a team stamina net.

What do you think?

I'm no expert but from what I'm hearing, there's limited impact from a third primary net these days, and basically no impact from a fourth.

I'd consider something like:

Robbins: 1 stam, 2 bat, 1 field
Smart: 1 bat
New bowler: 1 stam, 2 bowl, 1 field
And a team stamina net.

What do you think?

Yeah I like it. Now to find a future gun worth training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reasonable I think!

1709358712337.png

1709358747390.png

That's my best 11 (+ a strong/strong bat). Bought most of them. Trained Robbins, Smart and Kirkland.

Have a strong 18yo bat and a resp 17yo with nets also.

Vele was a cheap buy and I was curious to see how quick his skills declined. Answer was quickly ha.

How's your team look? I'm surprisingly invested in this again lol. Re-living the glory days of 2006-10

Reasonable I think!

View attachment 1917762

View attachment 1917763

That's my best 11 (+ a strong/strong bat). Bought most of them. Trained Robbins, Smart and Kirkland.

Have a strong 18yo bat and a resp 17yo with nets also.

Vele was a cheap buy and I was curious to see how quick his skills declined. Answer was quickly ha.

How's your team look? I'm surprisingly invested in this again lol. Re-living the glory days of 2006-10
Is Vele still in your team? It's been about a season since your last post.

I had a player I bought in his 30s just to bat at 3 while I rebuild. I didn't really pay much attention to him over the seasons I had him as I was focused on my development players, then one day I realised he suddenly had worthless stamina, batting and concentration. I reckon he went from proficient/strong to worthless in around a season, two at most.

Is Vele still in your team? It's been about a season since your last post.

I had a player I bought in his 30s just to bat at 3 while I rebuild. I didn't really pay much attention to him over the seasons I had him as I was focused on my development players, then one day I realised he suddenly had worthless stamina, batting and concentration. I reckon he went from proficient/strong to worthless in around a season, two at most.

Hey sorry missed the notification. No I would have fired him not long after that post I reckon. Dropped to quality then woeful secondaries didn't think he was worth the wage anymore.

How long have you been playing? I'm bot bashing in OD and gonna fish 3/4th in FC with 2 teams throwing every game and 2 teams way out of my league, but I have had 3 competitive draws with the other team!

Added these guys since my last post:

Leigh Ballard - 24 yo, BT Rating=26,438, Wage=£6,802
A cautious RH batter and a defensive RH finger spin bowler.
He has woeful leadership skills and wonderful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina:competentWicket Keeping:abysmal
Batting:qualityConcentration:superb
Bowling:woefulConsistency:mediocre

Franny Kilroe - 21 yo, BT Rating=50,334, Wage=£14,816
An attacking RH batter and an attacking RM bowler.
He has superb leadership skills and competent experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina:superb*Wicket Keeping:strong
Batting:wonderfulConcentration:superb

And Kirkland is close to sensational now. Definitely need to train up some bowlers next season.

Aha I think we have played a few friendlies already.

Last edited:
Hey sorry missed the notification. No I would have fired him not long after that post I reckon. Dropped to quality then woeful secondaries didn't think he was worth the wage anymore.

How long have you been playing? I'm bot bashing in OD and gonna fish 3/4th in FC with 2 teams throwing every game and 2 teams way out of my league, but I have had 3 competitive draws with the other team!

Added these guys since my last post:

Leigh Ballard - 24 yo, BT Rating=26,438, Wage=£6,802
A cautious RH batter and a defensive RH finger spin bowler.
He has woeful leadership skills and wonderful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina:competentWicket Keeping:abysmal
Batting:qualityConcentration:superb
Bowling:woefulConsistency:mediocre

Franny Kilroe - 21 yo, BT Rating=50,334, Wage=£14,816
An attacking RH batter and an attacking RM bowler.
He has superb leadership skills and competent experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina:superb*Wicket Keeping:strong
Batting:wonderfulConcentration:superb

And Kirkland is close to sensational now. Definitely need to train up some bowlers next season.

Aha I think we have played a few friendlies already.
I've had my current team since December 2010. Worked my way to the top division in FC and the cup semi-finals but couldn't afford the salaries to stay at the top. Also, my opening batsman/keeper was opening the batting for the national team so I was without him most of the time and asked to rest him to keep him fresh for the national team whan he was available for my team.

So I had to sell all my players and do a complete rebuild. I dropped from the Championship league to Division 7 in over the next six seasons and am currently starting my slow progression bach up the leagues as my team develops. I'm being patient with the rebound and have a lot more money in the bank this time around though so I'm hoping I'll give myself several seasons at the top next time I get there.

What is your team name? I try and fill every single empty day with friendly games. It's worth at least $500k per season, which adds up. I couldn't be bothered so much the first time around and it definitely cost me.

Are you training Kilroe, or is he just a gap filler until you train or buy better players later on?

That's an impressive run. I must have had my first team from 06-09 or something then lost it, went to FTP for a while, then lost both eventually. Had a couple tries over the last decade (wow) but this is the first time I've really re-committed.

Must be awesome getting towards the top of the leagues and Cup, I look at those teams with bewilderment ha.

Team name is LegsXI, assuming you are Jarman Magic? And good call I've been posting regularly on sledging to fill up my friendly slots.

I might try to get Kilroe to remarkable/wonderful keeping and exceptional batting but to be honest I don't really have any tactical nous on how to develop/train a squad. My theory so far has been get a base level of around sup/qual with purchases and then slowly start training 17yo's to exceed that. But to what point do I train them, how many do I train at once, not sure on the best way to go. Any advice?

That's an impressive run. I must have had my first team from 06-09 or something then lost it, went to FTP for a while, then lost both eventually. Had a couple tries over the last decade (wow) but this is the first time I've really re-committed.

Must be awesome getting towards the top of the leagues and Cup, I look at those teams with bewilderment ha.

Team name is LegsXI, assuming you are Jarman Magic? And good call I've been posting regularly on sledging to fill up my friendly slots.

I might try to get Kilroe to remarkable/wonderful keeping and exceptional batting but to be honest I don't really have any tactical nous on how to develop/train a squad. My theory so far has been get a base level of around sup/qual with purchases and then slowly start training 17yo's to exceed that. But to what point do I train them, how many do I train at once, not sure on the best way to go. Any advice?
Yeah, I'm Jarman Magic. I just looked at the fixtures and we played last week, and again a couple of weeks earlier :thumbsu:
The two games were completely different. Your top order dominated the earlier match then fell apart in the more recent match. Not sure what happened there. Your world ranking is a fair bit higher than mine.

If Kinroe is going to bat around 6 or 7 exceptional batting should be ok but you'll need a very strong top 5, expecially if you want to be reach the top in FC.
You must have a couple of good batters i

I stopped Youngs at masterful and will probably do th same with Chirau to keep my salaries under control for now. Then I'll train my other batters past that when the team is starting to fill out.
With my bowlers, I've trained a couple of all rounders to masterful bowlers and will train another bowler to that or better and then train two strike bowlers to elite.
Not sure how high I'll train my batters. But with my sensational allrounders at 7 and 8 I have enough depth to potentially save money on batters.
I'll probably buy a keeper last to save money in the short term. Not sure whether I want him to goahead of Youngs and Chirau or sit at 6.

I guess my two focuses in this build have been the following...
1. Money: Build my team slowly and maximise the money I can accumulate throughout the rebuild. Train my depth players first and then train the top quality players who will require higher salaries last.
2. Batting depth: I started by training two allrounders to bat at 7 and 8. I had a long tail last time. My bowlers were all great but not one of them could bat. Once I'd lost 5 wickets I was already into my tail. I could go from 4 for 300 to all out for 305. This time I'll bat well down to 8 and the three bowlers I'm currently training are all competent or mediocre with the bat. Not one bowler from my previous squad was better than woeful.

Yeah, I'm Jarman Magic. I just looked at the fixtures and we played last week, and again a couple of weeks earlier :thumbsu:
The two games were completely different. Your top order dominated the earlier match then fell apart in the more recent match. Not sure what happened there. Your world ranking is a fair bit higher than mine.

If Kinroe is going to bat around 6 or 7 exceptional batting should be ok but you'll need a very strong top 5, expecially if you want to be reach the top in FC.
You must have a couple of good batters i

I stopped Youngs at masterful and will probably do th same with Chirau to keep my salaries under control for now. Then I'll train my other batters past that when the team is starting to fill out.
With my bowlers, I've trained a couple of all rounders to masterful bowlers and will train another bowler to that or better and then train two strike bowlers to elite.
Not sure how high I'll train my batters. But with my sensational allrounders at 7 and 8 I have enough depth to potentially save money on batters.
I'll probably buy a keeper last to save money in the short term. Not sure whether I want him to goahead of Youngs and Chirau or sit at 6.

I guess my two focuses in this build have been the following...
1. Money: Build my team slowly and maximise the money I can accumulate throughout the rebuild. Train my depth players first and then train the top quality players who will require higher salaries last.
2. Batting depth: I started by training two allrounders to bat at 7 and 8. I had a long tail last time. My bowlers were all great but not one of them could bat. Once I'd lost 5 wickets I was already into my tail. I could go from 4 for 300 to all out for 305. This time I'll bat well down to 8 and the three bowlers I'm currently training are all competent or mediocre with the bat. Not one bowler from my previous squad was better than woeful.

Thanks heaps for the advice and thoughts. I doubt I'll get close to the top in FC but I guess that's the fun of it right!

I'll have two bats that have topped out at remarkable (my first two 17yo trainees now 22/21) and I've got an 18 and 19yo bat that I'm training up both of which are quality (19yo one netting). With Kilroe and the other bat my entire top 6 is <24 but I'll only have Kilroe and the current 18yo going past remarkable. I guess I'll get them to excep/sens.

But I need to focus on bowlers from next season, apart from Kirkland (20) whos finished now at sens I only got sup/qual 25+ yos. So will definitely YP a bowler fingers crossed been 3 seasons since I got a decent bowler through YP. Might just save up and buy a decent one if that doesn't work out.

And then I guess start grinding again! Should hopefully have 6 nets free start of next season, maybe 4 if I train Kilroe for longer.

Do you put bat nets into your lower order bowlers or do you just buy bowlers that have a good base level of batting?

Thanks heaps for the advice and thoughts. I doubt I'll get close to the top in FC but I guess that's the fun of it right!

I'll have two bats that have topped out at remarkable (my first two 17yo trainees now 22/21) and I've got an 18 and 19yo bat that I'm training up both of which are quality (19yo one netting). With Kilroe and the other bat my entire top 6 is <24 but I'll only have Kilroe and the current 18yo going past remarkable. I guess I'll get them to excep/sens.

But I need to focus on bowlers from next season, apart from Kirkland (20) whos finished now at sens I only got sup/qual 25+ yos. So will definitely YP a bowler fingers crossed been 3 seasons since I got a decent bowler through YP. Might just save up and buy a decent one if that doesn't work out.

And then I guess start grinding again! Should hopefully have 6 nets free start of next season, maybe 4 if I train Kilroe for longer.

Do you put bat nets into your lower order bowlers or do you just buy bowlers that have a good base level of batting?
I bought most of my bowlers as 17 year olds and trained them. I've found young bowlers easier to find on the market than batters.
I put batting nets into my two all-rounders but other than that I bought them with the batting skills already there.

Having that many free nets next season will be great. I'm training 5 players now so it'll be a while before I have nets availale for any other players.

I bought most of my bowlers as 17 year olds and trained them. I've found young bowlers easier to find on the market than batters.
I put batting nets into my two all-rounders but other than that I bought them with the batting skills already there.

Having that many free nets next season will be great. I'm training 5 players now so it'll be a while before I have nets availale for any other players.

Training 5 at once is impressive though! is that 1 primary 1 field? Seems like it might be better long term with the change in secondary training rates.

Starting XII update:
1. BATTER/KEEPER (superb*/miraculous/elite, wonderful keeping), 30 years old
2. BATTER (superb*/masterful/sensational), 25 years old
3. BATTER (proficient/exquisite/elite, also wonderful keeping), 34 years old
4. BATTER (superb*/exquisite/wonderful), 35 years old
5. BATTER (superb/wonderful/strong), 28 years old
6. BATTER (superb*/remarkable/quality), 30 years old
7. ALL-ROUNDER (superb*/wonderful/competent as a batter, superb*/sensational/superb as a bowler), 20 years old
8. BOWLER (superb*/exceptional/proficient), 29 years old
9. BOWLER (superb*/sensational/wonderful), 24 years old
10. BOWLER (superb*/sensational/quality), 27 years old
11. BOWLER (superb*/exquisite/remarkable), 22 years old
--
12. BATTER (superb*/quality/proficient), 18 years old

Remove this Banner Ad

Battrick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back