Rumour Baz to play at GWS in 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Still, not what we need. Getting a 30 year old will just slow the progress of a young guy coming in, which is what we need. We wont be a big threat the next couple of years, so why waste time with Fev?

Yeah I think your right in that it is much better to go for youth than recriuting someone like Fev whos now in his 30s. What do you think of Matthew Panos being possibly promoted from the rookie list to the senior team in 2012.

If Baz is going it'll be a dissapointment. Especially if he's playing well and we manage to have a good season. If it gets us a pick that helps us pick up Dawes or someone decent then its a positive, but i doubt we'll be a winner because anyone decent will be going to GWS or GC.

If Baz is going it'll be a dissapointment. Especially if he's playing well and we manage to have a good season. If it gets us a pick that helps us pick up Dawes or someone decent then its a positive, but i doubt we'll be a winner because anyone decent will be going to GWS or GC.

Its unfair. GWS and GC are able to poach quality players and the rest of us lose out. But the AFL wants to make sure they are successful only because it will look bad for them if GWS and GC fail.

Nothing ridiculous about no contract, if your not signed your not signed

Commerce 1.01

That's incredibly naive !
So your saying we should have not got compensation for Ward ? He had no contract - that Scully should have gone there for nothing to Melbourne ?

There are rules in place that govern out of contract players signing with GWS. Like it or not Barry Hall, Luke Power, Chad Cornes and Dean Brogan are all out of contract players and the laws that were brought in to protect the clubs they were playing with should maintain a level of integrity in the movements of those players to GWS>

Look at the bigger picture - Why wouldn't Brendon Goddard announce his retirement at the end of the year... Then a week later announce he is moving to GWS just like Luke Power did. A rule/law is a law and there should be no exceptions made to it just because the player is old and wanting a retirement cheque.

Port are getting compensated...
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...po-from-gws-deal/story-e6frf9jf-1226157591481
And here is a bigger reason for compensation - Power, Brogan and Cornes were all NOT wanted but the club they retired from. The dogs did want Hall to play another year until he told them he was retiring !

That's incredibly naive !
So your saying we should have not got compensation for Ward ? He had no contract - that Scully should have gone there for nothing to Melbourne ?

There are rules in place that govern out of contract players signing with GWS. Like it or not Barry Hall, Luke Power, Chad Cornes and Dean Brogan are all out of contract players and the laws that were brought in to protect the clubs they were playing with should maintain a level of integrity in the movements of those players to GWS>

Look at the bigger picture - Why wouldn't Brendon Goddard announce his retirement at the end of the year... Then a week later announce he is moving to GWS just like Luke Power did. A rule/law is a law and there should be no exceptions made to it just because the player is old and wanting a retirement cheque.

Port are getting compensated...
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...po-from-gws-deal/story-e6frf9jf-1226157591481
And here is a bigger reason for compensation - Power, Brogan and Cornes were all NOT wanted but the club they retired from. The dogs did want Hall to play another year until he told them he was retiring !

If Hall goes to GWS and we do not get adequately compensated, Smorgon better get on the horn to Demetriou and threaten to take legal action. It would be blue murder otehrwise.

I hope the Dogs havent delisted Hall just yet (which may cause a problem if they have).

This is exactly what will cause major problems if the AFL do not stamp this behaviour out.. Imagine the outcry if Franklin, Pendlebury or Reiwoldt all decided to hang up their boots and "retire" to then be lured to GWS as uncontracted players the following year...

If Hall goes to GWS and we do not get adequately compensated, Smorgon better get on the horn to Demetriou and threaten to take legal action. It would be blue murder otehrwise.

I hope the Dogs havent delisted Hall just yet (which may cause a problem if they have).

This is exactly what will cause major problems if the AFL do not stamp this behaviour out.. Imagine the outcry if Franklin, Pendlebury or Reiwoldt all decided to hang up their boots and "retire" to then be lured to GWS as uncontracted players the following year...

According to Aker though (bf poster not the tool who writes dribble for the HS) we should not receive any compensation cause the guy doesn't have a contract... that is what the "UNCONTRACTED" player acquisition rules are all about !!

According to Aker though (bf poster not the tool who writes dribble for the HS) we should not receive any compensation cause the guy doesn't have a contract... that is what the "UNCONTRACTED" player acquisition rules are all about !!

Yes I saw Acker's post. Until he's delisted, hes still officially on the Dogs list of players, retired or not. Thats why (from what I read), Port will be compensated.

Delistings dont usually happen until the trade week is finalised/completed and team alterations are in by COB Friday of trade week. The Dogs would be silly to delist him now with GWS in the hunt. They want him, make them pay big with drafts/trades.

Cornes for example & although he retired years back he was never delisted by Port (according to the reports).

For all we know, Hall could be toying with GWS. I would hope that he wouldnt turn face and shaft the club that gave him a second chance after his career ended in tatters (after what happened at Sydney).

Yes I saw Acker's post. Until he's delisted, hes still officially on the Dogs list of players, retired or not. Thats why (from what I read), Port will be compensated.

Delistings dont usually happen until the trade week is finalised/completed and team alterations are in by COB Friday of trade week. The Dogs would be silly to delist him now with GWS in the hunt. They want him, make them pay big with drafts/trades.

Cornes for example & although he retired years back he was never delisted by Port (according to the reports).

For all we know, Hall could be toying with GWS. I would hope that he wouldnt turn face and shaft the club that gave him a second chance after his career ended in tatters (after what happened at Sydney).

Cornes only retired this year.

Barry Hall says unequivocally he will not be playing for GWS. He finished his career as a Dog. #SuttonMedal #HoopsAreBack

Hall adds that he'll be amongst the first in line to sign-up as a Bulldog member in 2012. #HoopsAreBack #ThanksBaz #SuttonMedal

From the Dogs twitter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has said at the B&F he will definitely not be playing for GWS next year, and that he is a Bulldog through and through.

Also he will be amongst the first to get a membership next year :D

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

EDIT: Damn you Ant_, you bastard :D

Has said at the B&F he will definitely not be playing for GWS next year, and that he is a Bulldog through and through.

Also he will be amongst the first to get a membership next year :D

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

EDIT: Damn you Ant_, you bastard :D

You're like the Saints tonight...always coming second. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Baz to play at GWS in 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back