Autopsy Bulldogs continue to make less and less sense as they beat 2nd placed Carlton without key players

Remove this Banner Ad

Dale's ball handling skills are sublime at times, his highlight reel has some spectacular stuff in it just little things like the basketball dribble to himself a cpl weeks back, blind turns out of tackles whilst gathering the ball one handed things like that, when he's on he changes our whole dynamic as a team.

Spitting image of Bo from superstore with that glorious mo too yeah yeah
Heā€™s got some strut these days.

Dale has copped some pretty close attention at times recently. Pleasingly he seems to be learning to work through that and still contribute. In the past he would be completely ineffective when tagged.

Cincotta went to him for the second half and whilst he wasn't as prolific in first half, he still had some really telling moments.

Watching the game again, jeez Jamarra was good. The 4 goals were great, but the work rate, 13 score involvements and 20 possessions - wow.

That last 50 metre pinpoint pass late in the game on his wrong foot to Rhylee West (to set up West's 4th and ice the game) was a thing of beauty.

Also reckon Lachie McNeil had some really good involvements. Big tackles at crucial times and deft touches in scoring chains. Definitely deserves to retain his spot for mine.

Last edited:
I was more confused as to how they missed the ridiculous arm chop before it
1000% this. Front on contact, makes zero contact with the ball, and isn't even looking at the ball in his "attempt" to mark it.

That one had me screaming at the TV, not the HTB decision, which while technically correct, is also equally as stupid.

Watching the game again, jeez Jamarra was good. The 4 goals were great, but the work rate, 13 score involvements and 20 possessions - wow.

That last 50 metre pinpoint pass late in the game on his wrong foot to Rhylee West (to set up West's 4th and ice the game) was a thing of beauty.

Also reckon Lachie McNeil had some really good involvements. Big tackles at crucial times and deft touches in scoring chains. Definitely deserves to retain his spot for mine.

I had the sense Marra was ok in Q1 as whilst not his greatest quarter output was he was working hard chasing down two Blues players at one point - a noticeable difference from prior games I thought - and I agree the rest of the game he continued to work hard up the ground and got the rewards for doing so.

Hopefully a new minimum effort level has been set - watch out if so

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I had the sense Marra was ok in Q1 as whilst not his greatest quarter output was he was working hard chasing down two Blues players at one point - a noticeable difference from prior games I thought - and I agree the rest of the game he continued to work hard up the ground and got the rewards for doing so.

There is a point about 1/3 into the 2nd quarter where there is a 2 on 1 with Darcy and the Carlton bloke outmarks them. Darcy gave some pointed feedback to Jamarra. He then sprinted of the mark and pressured the Carlton kick which went on the full.

I reckon his intensity lifted right then

He almost caught Saad from a standing start which was impressive, don't think I have ever seen that burst of pace from him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Bulldogs continue to make less and less sense as they beat 2nd placed Carlton without key players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back