Workshop BBL Expansion - Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong is another realistic location. Hobart have a team and their populations are relatively similar. Only problem is building a fan base around them. People from Geelong are the only people who are really gonna be passionate for this team and I don't see a lot of people leaving the Bandwagon of the Star or even the dumpster fire of the Renegades for a new Geelong team. Still a possibility however.

People from Geelong and surrounds would drop the Stars and Renegades like a molten spud if a Geelong team came in IMO.

I don't think there is any real emotional attachment to any of the BBL franchises. If the concept was scrapped next year and we returned to state based sides, nobody would bat an eyelid over losing their favourite team.

People from Geelong and surrounds would drop the Stars and Renegades like a molten spud if a Geelong team came in IMO.

I don't think there is any real emotional attachment to any of the BBL franchises. If the concept was scrapped next year and we returned to state based sides, nobody would bat an eyelid over losing their favourite team.
Yeah it's not like its the AFL where it has all this history supporting each team. Think of clubs like Melbourne and Carlton, why don't people leave them when they hit the bottom of the shit barrel? The BBL as a league is built differently and it's going to take some time, if at all, these teams develop some history behind their franchises. A Geelong team could survive purely based on the fact that there is 170k people there and potentially a 25k supporter base. The idea of a Geelong team all rests on the turnout from the Renegades game there and with only 34,000 seats to fill, I think it's entirely possible we will have a sellout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop BBL Expansion - Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Back