BBL Match 15 Sydney Sixers V Melbourne Stars 1735hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Resting because they are WA based players spending a bit of extra time in Perth.

It would be a bit taxing having 2 flights within the space of 3-4 days for 2 games, Id imagine would have been the thinking behind that.
Resting after 3 games when the side badly needs a win?
Stoinis shouldn't need a rest, he's hardly made a run.
Why not fly the family over?

I reckon there's more to it.
Just interviewed the coach and he talked about needing an improvement in attitude twice.

All not well in the Stars camp by the sound of it.

Just interviewed the coach and he talked about needing an improvement in attitude twice.

That was interesting. The Stars the last season or two just seem like such a nothing squad, I get the season is long but they don't seem all that interested. Compare that to the Sixers and Scorchers who have a culture that the players all seem to buy into. Maxwell out obviously hurts but other than that it's a very mediocre team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can also understand the other side as well.

Stars played 23rd in Melbourne, if you fly back on 25th to perth its 2 unnecessary flights, Game on 26th in Sydney, then back to 29th for Perth.

Thats what 3 flights (12 hours ) for 2 games.

Yep - think he might still be still available for some short form International Cricket but cited family reasons for retiring from Tests and less face it he could be playing in Australia with the family on reasonable coin or alternatively playing Test Matches in Pakistan on Roads living in a compound and taking a risk every time he has something to eat…it’s an easy decision when you’ve proven yourself at the highest level

That was interesting. The Stars the last season or two just seem like such a nothing squad, I get the season is long but they don't seem all that interested. Compare that to the Sixers and Scorchers who have a culture that the players all seem to buy into. Maxwell out obviously hurts but other than that it's a very mediocre team.
Always seemed a team of individuals to me.

I can also understand the other side as well.

Stars played 23rd in Melbourne, if you fly back on 25th to perth its 2 unnecessary flights, Game on 26th in Sydney, then back to 29th for Perth.

Thats what 3 flights (12 hours ) for 2 games.
You're getting good money which you've accepted.

Fly the family over if you want.
I don't buy it.

I don't buy it.
In a 14 game season, if he plays 13 of the 14 games, because of Christmas Day for one of those games I can understand. Perth to East Coast flights can be a bit taxing on the mind as well. (have done it numerous times myself)

I agree though with you on his body language, been pretty poor this season.

I don't buy it.

Yep, definitely more to it. Given they are in Perth next he could have easily celebrated Christmas tomorrow with his family.

But then I think the Stars used to let their imports go home for Christmas, don’t recall others doing that.

Back